(Closed) Maggie Sottero Decadence Fall 2011!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
3977 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You could try on something that’s very similar. Same fabric and neckline and shape and if you like those and it’s small things that you don’t like such as the rouching or pick up style then I think I’d feel comfortable buying sight unseen, but it’s a dangerous thing to do.

Post # 4
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

It looks very similar to the Sabelle..so maybe try that on and see what you think of that to get an idea of the look on you. or ask the store if they have a dress with a similar cut so you can see what that would look like.

Post # 5
1566 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I am a Maggie fan and I would be sooo tempted!!! I agree that you should try something on that is similar.  I love this dress though…totally my style too!!

Post # 7
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I ordered my Sottero and Midgley dress without trying it on since the sample size was too small- it should be in in a month so I’ll let u know how it goes!

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hi!

I just ordered the decadence royale! Nobody has it yet, so I haven’t been able to try it on either.  I tried on the Sabelle and Ambrosia, which I was assured would be a similar fit. 

My wedding is on NOV 5th of this year!  I’m getting a rush order and it should be here in 8 weeks…I don’t understand why shops are rushing you for a March 2012 wedding?!

Post # 10
5093 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

@BryTin:  It can actually take that long.  I ordered my Sabelle on January 9th of this year, and it hasn’t come in yet.  I’m told that I can expect it in about another month, which will mean there was a full seven months between when it was ordered and when it came in.  Once you add in a month to six weeks for alterations, that brings you to eight or eight and a half months.  March is only eight months away, so the OP really needs to hurry.

OP, the Decadence was the only one of the fall 2011 collection that I really loved.  I’m sure it will be gorgeous on you!

Post # 11
5 posts
Newbee

Hi there,

i am trying on this dress the end of the month and i cannot wait – i originaly fell in love with prestyn but then i saw decadence, its very similar to sabelle and i loved that! I cannot wait to try this dress on – you cant go wrong with maggie dresses they are super flattering and beautiful! This dress is absoloutley stunning!! Good luck whatever you decide 🙂 xxx

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee

Your welcome – hopefully i will be allowed to take pics because if i like it i will order it then 😀 eeek exciting stuff! I would love to see pics of real brides wearing Decadence!x

Post # 15
5 posts
Newbee

Also – any suggestions on what kind of veil to go with it? Do you think a scolloped hem veil full length?? Thats what im thinkin to tie in with the scolloped him on the lace and all the pic ups??

The topic ‘Maggie Sottero Decadence Fall 2011!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors