(Closed) Maggie Sottero Decadence Fall 2011!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
5091 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

@bride2B_Gabrielle:  That’s the kind of veil I’m doing with my Sabelle.  It’s my mom’s old veil, and the two look like they were made to go together.  πŸ˜€

Post # 19
2 posts
Wannabee

@bride2B_Gabrielle: Hi Gabrielle! I was wondering if you ever got to try Decadence on? I actually ordered it without trying it on because none of the stores in my area carried it, and I knew that was the one for me! the sales person was AMAZING and she was the only one who offered an exchange w/no fee if I decided to change my mind.

Anyway, I was also in love with Prestyn, until I saw Decadence… did you take any pics? The model wearing the gown is gorgeous but I would love to see another view “in real life!” Hope to hear from you soon πŸ™‚

Post # 20
1 posts
Wannabee

My daughter and I went to a Maggie Trunk Show today.  She had already tried on the Sabelle, but wanted to save the 10% plus free alteration, including the bustle.  Then she saw the Decadence and knew she had to try it on.  Then we got there and there were so many new beautiful dresses.  She tried on a mermaid dress that was beautiful, then Decadence.  It was beautiful in the front with extra beads on the side that the Sabelle does not have, but the back was U-G-L-Y.  I can not stress how bad the back was.  Right in the middle of the dress, you can’t see it on their photos, is like a one inch wide ribbon that is supposed to hold the bustle up.  At the very edge in the back it just did not lay right and kept flipping up.  The Sabelle has the lace on the front on the panel that extends around to the back.  Not so with the Decadence.  There is lace on the front but none on the back.  There are more beads on the back with the Sabelle.  She loved how the front of the Decadence looked, but no comparison on the back with the Sabelle.  So we ordered the Sabelle and saved over $450 by ordering at a trunk show.  Busy day, because my youngest daughter had to get her homecoming dress first this this morning.  So it was “Say Yes to the Dress” times 2, haha.  I took pictures of my daughter in it if anyone is interested.  I can e-mail them to you.

Post # 22
5 posts
Newbee

@3_Bees: I too would love to see photos of decadence on a real bride.  Congrats on your daughter for finding her dress and thank you for sharing with the rest of us πŸ™‚

Post # 23
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

hey rocky37…

well i have both good and bad news – i did go to try decadence on and it is a beautiful dress however i found that prestyn is the one for me. The only thing i wasnt sure about on the decadence dress is the lace at the front and the way the dress fell at the back.. i just wasnt keen at all πŸ™

I went home undecided on either dress but i could not get prestyn out of my mind.. the back of prestyn is sooo unusual when you are wearing it its gorgeous! Plus i cried when i tried on prestyn and with decadence – nothing!

Hope this is of some help to you! πŸ˜€

Post # 24
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

i have pics of me in decadence but have no idea of how to upload them :S

Post # 26
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I tried Sabelle on and I thought it was the dress. But then, I saw the much similar Decadence and I knew at first sight that it was going to be the dress I would have for my wedding. I called and called and nobody had it for me to try on. The next week, someone had it in FINALLY! I tried it on and it was just as I had imagined. You get what you see with Maggie Sottero… i wasn’t disapointed. πŸ™‚ Keep calling your local bridal shops and it will come in soon!

Post # 27
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2010

No store carried my MS-Poppy! It was from an older line I guess. I tried on an A-line maggie just to see how her dress style looked on my figure and then ordered it blindly. SCARIEST THING EVER. Waiting for it to come in was hard…

but I honestly couldn’t be happier with the decision. I loved the dress from the moment I saw it and getting to wear it is a dream come true! =D

Post # 28
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@3_Bees:  Hi, would you mind emailing a copy of the pics of Decadence?  I can message you my email address.

Thanks!

Post # 29
5 posts
Newbee

I tried dresses two days ago. One which turned out to be decadence. It is gorgeous! I have been on the maggie website dozens of times and it never stood out to me. I had my eye on sierra or Micah. Didn’t get to they these but I tried on a few including ambrosia. Similar to decadence but I didnt like it. I am stuck between decadence and priscilla so i’m going up again in two weeks to make a decision. Neither of them look like on the website which is a good thing otherwise I would never have picked them out.

The topic ‘Maggie Sottero Decadence Fall 2011!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors