725 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Definately the Gatsby.

Post # 19
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Gatsby all the way!  It’s so beautiful and different, it also shows off your great body.  The first one is pretty but way more common.

Post # 20
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

the Gatsby is absolutely unforgettable and stunning on you. That’s my pick.

Post # 21
741 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

trying to get a dress altered 10 days before the wedding will definitely be tricky – if they can do it they’ll charge you rush fees and all that. Would it be possible for them to ship it to you in Germany? I’m having all my fittings at home and then carrying it with me on the plane – it’s light enough that I don’t think it will be a pain to do it.

Post # 22
2042 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

They can do alterations in 10 days but you may have to pay a rush fee. That’s what I’m doing now – wedding’s in 12 days. You’ll probably want to talk to the store before your trip and make sure they book an alterations appointment for you as soon as you arrive.

Post # 23
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I agree completely with Stormala.

I disagree, however, with your statement about your hips! You’ve got a fabulous figure and the Gatsby shows it off well. If you had smaller hips you’d be straight up and down without that wonderful curve to your waist.

If you’re wanting something slightly more bridal, plus something that makes your hips less noticeable, you might be able to fit a slim petticoat or hoop skirt underneath your dress. That will give the dress slightly more of an a-line shape – not as large as the Oleg Cassini but just a little more fullness at the floor. Something slim like this:

Or even one that’s designed for a mermaid dress with fullness only at the bottom:

Post # 24
271 posts
Helper bee

Stick with the Gatsby!  It is so beautiful and unique.  The other dress doesn’t look special compared to the Gatsby.

Post # 25
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2012

i LOVE the second dress!!

Post # 26
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I also love the Gatsby!  I love the way it sparkles and it really flatters your gorgeous figure!  I think you made a great choice.

Post # 28
741 posts
Busy bee

That does sound crazy Zauber, I’m sorry! You won’t be able to check if the dress is right at the store no matter what though, right? And if the dress was shipped priority you might be able to get it sooner – and put insurance on it! You just have to decide if the price to ship it fast is worth getting it to you with 3 1/2 weeks to spare for alterations is better than the rush fee when you get to the states. I might do some math and then decide? Have you talked to the store to see if they can ship the dress? They may have their own specials for shipping.

Post # 29
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Hi there, I know it was a long time ago now but I’m going to be a gatsby bride next year… I thought that the gatsby looked great on you from the 2 piccies and if thats what you chose I wondered if you wore a petticoat?  I thought my dress could do with a little more oooomph but I’m really not sure which petticoat would fit best under it?  x

The topic ‘Maggie Sottero Gatsby vs Oleg Cassini CT314’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors