(Closed) Maggie Sottero Runway Show, Spring 2014- What do you bees think?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What do you think of the new collection?

Love it!

Where are the mermaid dresses????

I like it but I prefer the 2013 dresses!

I don't like them at all!

Finally- hardly any mermaid/ruffle dresses anymore!

• Post # 17
    4099 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

1, 2 and 7 are my favorites!!

Post # 19
    155 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2016 - Mexico

I like Maggie’s 2013 line better. A lot of these 2014 dresses don’t look very “bridal” to me.

Post # 21
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    @christinaval:  I’ve always loved Nicole Miller. 

As for Sottero…NO. Aside from that monochrome ball gown, they’re all sub-par knockoff designs of previous, recognizable bridal gowns. 

Post # 23
    1812 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013 - Pavilion overlooking golf course scenery, reception at banquet hall

I like this one a lot, I would love to see a close up of the material. It’s a good option for brides whose religions require a more modest dress. Modest and modern is tough to do right, but I think it’s stunning. Possibly a little low cut for some of the strictest churches, but still great.

Post # 24
    1 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Bees – look at this Maggie Sottero 2014 one – I find it GORGEOUS (even though it’s a little low cut)…very unlike the rest of the line

Post # 26
    190 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I find it has a 1920-1930’s feel.  very sleek and underwhelming.

Post # 27
    529 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

The 2014 lines are making me sad! My wedding is further out and none of these lines feel bridal to me. I see many red carpet looks but only a few that say here comes the bride. 🙁

Post # 28
    751 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

Ugh… Way too many sheath gowns! So boring and not bridal. I agree with a PP who said they look more like nightgowns than wedding gowns. 

Post # 29
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    @laura_192:  This one IS lovely (about the only one, too).

Post # 30
    2949 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

Love the MS 2014 spring line – especially the ballgown with the black lace appliques. It’s refreshing to see more colour and variety and the designers going beyong what people usually classify as being “bridal”. Then again, I’m of the mindset that anything a woman wears on her wedding day – be it an elaborate white ballgown, a slinky black dress or a simple pantsuit – is bridal since she is, after all, a bride Tongue Out

Post # 31
    2305 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2016

Out of all of them, I only like the Monique Lhuillier gowns! The rest are just…. blah! 

Although I do kind of like that flower patterend mermaid of Vera’s. The bust detail with the flower going over is so cute. Wouldn’t work on a busty girl though!

The topic ‘Maggie Sottero Runway Show, Spring 2014- What do you bees think?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors