(Closed) Maggie Sottero Runway Show, Spring 2014- What do you bees think?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What do you think of the new collection?

Love it!

Where are the mermaid dresses????

I like it but I prefer the 2013 dresses!

I don't like them at all!

Finally- hardly any mermaid/ruffle dresses anymore!

• Post # 32
    3371 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
    @laura_192:  Wow, that beaded Maggie is all kinds of beautiful. I would love that for a Gatsy-themed wedding, or even a formal event/ball.

I also think the ballgown with the black lace appliques is kind of fun – I’m sure it will prove popular with some alternative brides! 

Post # 33
    3371 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @christinaval:  LOVE the simplicity of this, balanced out with the drama and movement of the train. Very chic. Otherwise, wasn’t wowed by the rest of the ML collection. 

Post # 34
    688 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

Ouch, this is a disappointment. I sincerely hope she has some keyhole backs in the 2014 collection. I love the 2013 collection! It’s much more romantic.

The only one I found remotely interesting was this one;

Post # 35
    192 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2018

Glad I already got my dress; hopefully this isn’t a lasting trend.  I’m all for different (my dress is champagne and blue lol); BUT I think the dress still needs to be able to be identified as a bridal gown. I agree that these look like nightgowns. It seems like they’re biting off Claire Pettibone-but not nearly as fabulous.  I LOVE Claire Pettibone dresses because of the beautiful details…these don’t even come close!

Post # 36
    924 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

View original reply
    @lovelypinky40:  Alfred Angelo has a very similar dress to this one, too.

Post # 37
    2966 posts
    Sugar bee

What is it with this night-gown-dress phase? It’s like bad re-makes of Claire Pettibone

I like this one: Does anyone know the name?

Post # 38
    2842 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Yeah, those Maggies are basically Claire Pettibone rip-offs, but I think it’s good that more subtle flowy styles are becoming more widely available. There didn’t use to be that many options for brides who wanted the CP look for a sub-2k budget. 

I have to say though, this is a very interesting – and by interesting I mean dangerous – decision by MS. For a company so beloved by curvier girls, they’ve basically put out a collection that is going to alienate a lot of their core market. 

Post # 39
    13 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2014

Love all the Pronovias illusion necklines.  Hate to say it bc its a beautiful trend, but I’m afraid it’ll be a flash in the pan.  And just like pickups and the extreme textured mermaid, they’ll all just end up dating the photos.  Guess it won’t really matter if it does end up being the “happiest day of your life,” I mean I have aunts who married with satin pouf sleeves or shoulder pads in the 80s and they never talk about dress regret (!!!???).

Post # 40
    524 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

i love the sheath/1920’s dress trend… but I am a CP bride and they are closer to my dress style then the previous collections. I love all of the Nicole Miller dresses and the ML collection looks very regal to me. But for the life of me I just don’t get Vera Wang’s dresses anymore. Hideous. 

Post # 41
    456 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
    @laura_192:  Now THAT is a stunning dress!! swoon!!!

Post # 42
    3194 posts
    Sugar bee

i think its beautiful, but WAY more sheaths than i expected!

Post # 43
    1572 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

The Maggies are pretty, but I think that satin material with no boning or structure is really limiting as to what kind of woman can wear it.

I tried on an unstructured dress, and you could see EVERY. SINGLE. FLAW. on my body. Even with shapewear. In the past her designs seemed to be able to work for all body shapes. This collection, for the most part, not so much.

i also hated the Vera Wang collection, I don’t get the black!! And that material they are made of, I wasn’t a fan of.

Post # 44
    1936 posts
    Buzzing bee

seems like the trend is kate middleton inspired or great gatsby inspired. I love both looks!

Post # 45
    106 posts
    Blushing bee

I’ve read somewhere that the bridal trend this year was influenced by Downton Abbey/Great Gatsby. They’re beautiful dresses if you have the body and are looking for that style, but don’t seem very bridal to me. As a plus size bride I would be hard pressed to find a dress in this style that looked decent on me.

The topic ‘Maggie Sottero Runway Show, Spring 2014- What do you bees think?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors