- 8 years ago
- Wedding: March 2011
Hi Bees! I’m a longtime lurker, first time poster but I need some outside perspective (and I’ve already driven my family and BMs crazy with my drama). In a nutshell I’ve messed up the whole wedding dress experience and it’s less than a month before my wedding and I’m not sure what to do. Here’s a recap:
1. My first time dress shopping I fell in love with one at Alfred Angelo, but didn’t buy because I didn’t think I should after only one day of shopping.
2. After doing some research and realizing that my local Alfred Angelo has a terrible rating from the BBB and not wanting to deal with that, I decided to have a designer make a replica (she had made my friend’s wedding dress).
3. I met with the designer and she kind of branched the design off in a different direction and I ended up not liking the dress (it also wasn’t made very well).
4. In a panic my mom and I went dress shopping and I ended up impulse buying another dress that’s pretty but soooo not my style at all (I got caught up in my mom’s enthusiasm).
5. Once that dress arrived and I realized that I really don’t like it, I bought a dress online at Saks. I like this one, although I’m worried that the fabric looks a little cheap (it’s mostly polyester) and the skirt doesn’t have much movement. My seamstress added some layers of tulle underneath to give it more volume but now it kind of looks like a solid mass of fabric. We spent months taking dance lessons so I’d really like to have some movement in my dress while I’m out on the floor 🙂
6. Now, the kicker, I’m selling my other dresses and while I was checking on the listings I came across the original Alfred Angelo dress I wanted in my size. And of course, now I can’t stop thinking about it.
So do you think I should stick with my Saks dress and forget about the Alfred Angelo one or bite the bullet and buy the original dress I wanted? Budget-wise it’s not the smartest move but I can afford it. I’m just not sure if it’s a crazy thing to do.
Here are the dresses for reference:
Saks (the bottom isn’t hemmed yet, just pinned):
Thanks in advance for your help, and no need to tell me I’m crazy, I already know 🙂