(Closed) Make Up & Hair $: I’m Rather Scared!

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
  • poll: How many of your paid for your maids and mothers?
    Maids & Mother need to look pretty too! : (11 votes)
    27 %
    They are girls! The can do their own hair/make up : (20 votes)
    49 %
    Other : (10 votes)
    24 %
  • Post # 3
    506 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

We all got our hair done at a beauty school and our makeup done at MAC, everyone paid for their own.  It all came out fabulous!!

Post # 5
    5106 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

Okay, so ours is as follows, and they will be coming to us. My mother and Future Mother-In-Law will also be getting hair done, and all my maids and Flower Girl. 10 in all.

Bride- $75 trial run (one month out) $100 day of makeup and hair

Bridesmaid or Best Man updo- without makeup $65 with makeup $80

Bridesmaid or Best Man curls or blow out- without makeup $45 with makeup $65

FG-$25

Short hair down do- $40 without makeup $60 with

And we have a master level stylist and one of her associates. I’m sure every stylist’s prices are different. But I thought ours were pretty reasonable, especially since they will be coming from 45 minutes away. Everyone will be paying for their own. I’ve never been in a wedding where my hair and makeup were paid for….

Hope this helped somewhat!

Post # 7
    506 posts
    Busy bee

The hair was $15 each (my Maid/Matron of Honor and I had a trial done since it was so cheap) and the makeup was $50, but you get $50 worth of makeup if you get it done at the MAC in Macy’s or Nordstrom’s.  You can see a picture of my hair if you look at my gallery pics.

Post # 8
    2246 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

@CruiseWedding2010:

I agree. Everyone should pay for their own. you have enough to worry about.

Post # 9
    686 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I am not paying for their hair or makeup…I have told all of them that I do not care either way…they do it themselves or get it done professionally…. I told them all the price of the hair and makeup and told them it was up to them if they wanted to do it or not.  They were all fine with paying their own…and suprisingly ALL of them want to go professional and pay for it.

Post # 10
    2 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: June 2011

My venue has a little house that the ladies are going to get ready in. I am having professionals come out to the house to do hair and makeup for myself, my four bridesmaids, my mother, and my soon-to-be Mother-In-Law. My prices are reasonable (I believe because I have been going to my hair stylist for years):

hair: $65 per updo/$45 per just styled

make-up: $25 per person using Bare Minerals

Post # 11
    602 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I’m paying for hair for my three bridesmaids, but not the mothers and not makeup. It’s about $50 per girl.

Post # 12
    921 posts
    Busy bee

I am only paying for my MOHs hair and make up, but for the people we are using hair is $75 per person and make up is $80 for me day of, $55 for bms and $50 for my Mom.

Post # 13
    1559 posts
    Bumble bee

Unfortunately, our budget wouldn’t allow us to pay to have the girl’s hair/makeup done. 

I have opted to give the girls the option of doing their own hair, or paying to have it done professionally. I have some BMs on tight budgets that do great things with their own hair, so I am not going to force them to pay for it if they can do it themselves. 

That being said, my stylist is very affordable. 

Bride: I had a 20% off coupon for their “Bridal Package”. For $120 I receive hair and makeup trial, day of styling and makeup, eyebrow shaping, and a mani-pedi. 

For anybody else, hairstyles are between $35 and $40, depending on which stylist is doing their hair. 

It definitely pays to live in the midwest 🙂 

Post # 14
    5110 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2011

They are girls they can do there own, but they all decided to come to the salon with me to get their hair and makeup done.. they all will be paying for it themselves bc it is not manditory.

Post # 15
    116 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

As for hair, my Fiance’s brother is a hairdresser so he’s going to be coming over on the day to do our hairs. This is a huge saving for us so we are very lucky.

Regarding makeup, I thought of a HUGE money saving tip that we are going to do…

Department stores always offer to do your makeup for you to get you interested in their products. On the morning of the wedding, me and my Maid/Matron of Honor and bridesmaids are going to go down to the department store to have our makeup done (we’re jus† not going to tell them about the wedding!) so it’s gonna cost us absolutely nothing to have our makeup done by someone that knows what they’re doing x

Post # 16
    506 posts
    Busy bee

@NolloUK you might want the tell the makeup ladies about it being your wedding, because they do your makeup a little different when you are going to take pictures.  For instance, my makeup lady told me not to apply powder after she did my makeup since it would make me look ghost like in the pictures.

The topic ‘Make Up & Hair $: I’m Rather Scared!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors