(Closed) makeup artists & the foundation they use..

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@JMJ102411:  I would just request that she use her favorite water based. Mine used MAC water based for my trial and it was awesome and didn’t make me break out at all. I am also oily and acne prone

Post # 4
679 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Ask her what she uses and it you’re not on board you can bring your own and have her use that.

Post # 5
4272 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

She had me use my own foundation.

Post # 6
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I think most would be fine with using your stuff and since you have sensitive  skin it make sense. The only thing is she may recommend different makeup that will hold up all day, but I’m sure if you tell her your concerns she will help you find something that works for you.

Post # 7
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

As a makeup artist, if a client asked me to use her foundation I would have no problem with that. I’d want her to feel comfortable and at ease.

Post # 8
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I’m professionally licensed, and I always ask the client first. Further, with weddings I meet with the brides well before to talk about looks that they like, etc. and to establish a colour palette for them. During that time we do a skin consultation and basically chat about their day to day routine with skin care products, etc. If they’re already using an awesome foundation that suits their skin- I’ll totally let them use it! But if I know that there’s a better and more flattering product for them, I’ll put it on them during the initial consult and ask them to get back to me later on about how it held up for the day.

Ultimately I do what they want!

The topic ‘makeup artists & the foundation they use..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors