(Closed) Making our own STD & Invites…Lots of Questions!!

posted 7 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Okay…. I’m not doing stds but u could just address them to who you are inviting and on the std put plus one. I found four by six envelopes at walmart and michaels and they were both really nice. Cream colored with a lacy flap. I don’t reaaly like the idea of the clear labels. But depending on the number of guests it may be the most reasonable thing to do. Lastly fancy wedding=fancy font simple wedding= simple font. Hope this helped!

Post # 4
394 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think it’s okay to just address the STD to the person, and then include the guest in the invitation. I also think it’s okay to use labels for the STD’s as they are more casual.

Post # 5
376 posts
Helper bee

we did postcard std much easier!

Post # 6
1014 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You can get envelopes from Michaels, Walmart or specialty paper stores like Paper Source. Also online from envelopperinc.com or cardsandpockets.com Standard envelope sizes include A2 (4 3/8 x 5 3/4) and A6 (4 3/4 x 6 1/2). Your cards should be slightly smaller to fit in the envelope.

Address labels are fine, I’m a fan of color over clear, though. Envelopperinc.com has them n a ton of colors. I like to use a simpler font for addressing, just to make it clear for the USPS. I wouldn’t include and guest on stds. By the time you send invites, hopefully you’ll know who they will bring or can find out and can just include their name on the invite.

Post # 7
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

We sent out 4×6 photos with a message on the back, we got our envelopes at staples and they were made specifically for photos.  I think it was under $10 for the 50 envelopes. 

I used clear address labels for our save the dates.  No one seemed to have an issue with it.

Post # 8
3255 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

My Darling Husband is also a designer, so we went a similar route. He designed them and we uploaded to Vistaprint to print them. 

As for fonts, it really depends on the formality of your wedding. There is no “right” answer, but if you’re having a backyard barbeque wedding, a fancy font isn’t probably fitting. Similarly, a simple font probably wouldn’t be fitting for a ceremony a la Kate Middleton and Prince William. 😉 

Good luck!

The topic ‘Making our own STD & Invites…Lots of Questions!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors