(Closed) Making your own Bouquet & alternative main table

posted 7 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

you can just pick up some flowers from the grocery store or flower market and tie them together yourself, but you need to practice a few times before your wedding.

what do you mean by the main table? the head table?

Post # 4
2313 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@adw2c:

Miss Panther had a post recently where she was trying to make a mock-up bouquet in the colors she’s envisioning. She just picked some up at the grocery store and it was seriously beautiful! I imagine if you actually took the time and effort to arrange them and wrap them, that would work just fine. Even with her just throwing it together it was lush and gorgeous. I buy flowers for my dining room table at the Fresh Market near us- if you have that or Whole Foods, they usually have really pretty flowers and reasonable cost.

Here’s the link to that post, and her bouquet turned out so well I’m seriously considering doing it myself:

Hooray for Faux Bouquets

Post # 5
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We had the same idea. Florists can be so expensive…and I actually had one refuse to work with me unless we spent over $1,000 (kid you not!) We ordered flowers from the grocery store, then my cousin took them home and arranged them into boquets herself. In the end, I think they were prettier than the arranged styles that would have come from a florist, and we spent $250 for all flowers total, so two thumbs up for the DIY idea!

For our main table decorations we used the same bouquets in water. For the guest tables we had pumpkins, candles and leaves (fall wedding). Why not try some non flower ideas? I’ve seen some drool worthy ideas on this site!

The topic ‘Making your own Bouquet & alternative main table’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors