(Closed) March 08, 2014 Brides

posted 5 years ago in March 2014
Post # 4
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I am very excited and am getting married March 8th 2014 too! I am busy planning and getting things together and am so excited that today is 300 days to the day!

How far along in the process are you?

Yay!!!!!

Post # 6
40 posts
Newbee

Hi ladies! I’m a March 8, 2014 bride as well. I’m in Western New York and have begun to knock out some wedding details. My fiance and I were engaged on our two-year anniversary (Sept. 8, 2013) so we have an 18-month engagement. So far I have the ceremony space and reception venue booked and we are using friendors for the photography and DJ. I have started to look at dresses but I have yet to find anything that completely excites me. I am however, super excited for March 8, 2014! 🙂 Yay for date twins!

Post # 8
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Hi there! I’m a March 8th 2014 Bride too Laughing

I’m SUPER excited! Which is amusing everyone around me because I am a bit of a tom boy normally and was never one of those girls who had her wedding all planned in my head from a young age (unlike my sister, who was making plans at 8 years old, lol).

We have booked our venue, celebrant, dj, decorator, hairstylist, make-up, I have our inivtes (STD’s alrady sent), photographer, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered, flower girl dresses ordered and my dress is due in november! I’ve even organised my hairpiece, veil & jewellery as well as ordered Bridesmaid or Best Man & Groomsmen gifts!! I dont know what has come over me I AM SO SO SUPER excited Laughing

Post # 10
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I still have to meet a lot of my vendors as we live about 9 hours drive away from where we are getting married. We’re travelling down to the Sunshine Coast (QLD Australia) in October and I will get to meet them then. I have booked my hair trial etc for then. I will get to meet the florist then and pick out flowers. I have a rough idea on what I want but just want her opinion and see what else is out there Smile

How are your plans going? It’s coming up so fast!

Post # 11
74 posts
Worker bee

Hi! I am also a march 8th bride. So far I have booked the venue, which includes the food and most of the flowers. I already booked the extra flowers with a friendor (flowers for the dessert table, the cake table, the bathrooms, my bouquet, the boutonnieres…) I also talked with a makeup artist friend, and she is available, so that is also set. 

I am in the process of designing my own invitations. 

I need to start looking for a DJ and a photographer…oh, and a dress!!

Post # 13
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Hi ladies!  I was going to be an Ides Bride (March 15th), but we’re moving it up one week since the 15th was taken at our venue.

I’m just starting in this whole planning thing.  We’re putting down the deposit this weekend for the ceremony & reception venue, which includes all the chairs, tables, tablecloths, and audio equipment.

I just got engaged about 2 weeks ago, and I live about 6 hours away from where we will get married, so it’s hard to do planning right now.  But in about two months I’ll be moving there and can really start.

We’re planning on using friendors for caterers, photographers, DJ, and officiant. We’re lucky to know so many talented and gracious people.  Still haven’t done anything for my dress, cake, or florist yet.

Post # 15
20 posts
Newbee

Our wedding date is March 8, 2014 

We have the venue booked for the ceremony and reception which is at the same location. All the food, decorations minister and music are included with our booking. I just got my dress but have a bit of work to do for it to fit properly. I bought it online for $400 which i am proud of. We are not doing many wedding traditions – no bridesmaids or showers, no engagement ring (by choice), no decorations…which makes it very stress free.  We wanted a venue that would take care of everything. Most of our money is being spent on the food and the venue which my fiancée did the construction on (so there is some sentimental value in the location we chose to get married at). Here are some pics to give you an idea…

the ceremony venue:

the reception venue:

my dress:

Post # 16
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@hillsab03:  Umm, no not really. I’ve done an online search. I’m going on Aug 3rd to look at dresses, because that’s the earliest I can do it. I’m only going to David’s Bridal, and my sister was a consultant there and assures me there’s time. My date got moved up to Jan 18th because one of my sister’s is pregnant and probably due on March 8th.

I’m not too worried about the dress. Honestly, it’s not that high a priority in my list. I’m definitely going to buy on Aug 3rd.

The topic ‘March 08, 2014 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors