Post # 1
OMG!! I cannot believe the big day is coming up so fast!!
What’s left on your to-do lists, ladies? I still have to confirm the florist’s contract, put together Out of Town bags, book transportation for the day-of, get my dress altered, book a place for the rehearsal dinner. I have been super busy with work, so things have kind of snuck up on me. I basically feel like everything is under control, though. Invitations went out weeks ago, all the big things are taken care of. Just waiting for the RSVP’s to come in and see exactly who’s coming.
How’s your planning going?
Post # 3
I realized how close we are last night while stuffing invitations. That means 8 to 10 weeks left! My mind is blown.
I have to:
– sign a contract with the DJ (he’s reserved, just not contracted).
– sign a contract with the florist.
– book restaurants for bridesmaids lunch, rehearsal, and brunch.
– get fiance to settle on a suit, have his gents get fitted and ordered.
– get my dress altered (tonight is my first fitting).
– buy eye make-up (I have everything else I need).
– decide on hairstyle (trial on Saturday with MOH).
– mail invitations (this week).
– book honeymoon (ack).
– Out of Town bags.
– buy wedding bands.
– centerpieces (non-floral).
– decide on shower/bachelorette/bachelor parties?
– choose ceremony readings.
– hire shuttle from hotel to venue (and back).
– write vows (meeting with officiant on Sunday).
– newspaper announcement (submitting at 6 weeks — completed).
– get license.
– arrange for games at reception for kids.
– details, details, details.
– relax, relax, relax.
Post # 4
ACK! this weekend was big for me: I stuffed invitations! still to do:
- set up rehersal
- finish dress alterations
- make veil
- transportation for wedding party day of
- gifts for very important extras
- finish up our church requirements
- and Im sure MUCH MUCH MORE!
Post # 5
Congrats on finishing your invitation stuffing, ladies. We’re just having a small wedding, yet the invitations seemed to take up so much time! Glad that’s all over with now.
My list is more like eurekaanchovies’s than the three items I listed, although the ones I did list are the three biggest things I have to do. Good to know that others are in the same boat!
The wedding seems real now in a way that it didn’t before. 🙂
Post # 6
Ohh man… I just got hit with a bit of a doosey about our flower situation, so here’s my list:
- Finish assembling invites, print envelopes, buy stamps, & mail
- Make direction signs (church > reception)
- Finalize the wedding party flowers
- Make 40-50 paper flowers
- Out of Town bags
- Seating chart (that’ll be a end of Feb)
- Finalize program with pastor (pick readings) & print
- Finalize music with organist
- Make play and do-not-play lists for DJ
- Trial run on favors (making cookies)
- Honeymoon (ha… yea)
- Finalize my wedding band design
- Pick up dress (getting bustle added)
- Get license
- Finish gifts for parents and party
- Figure out hair & makeup
- Finish church details – buy unity candle, finish decorations
I’m hoping that’s everything…. ha why do I always feel like I’m forgetting something?!
Post # 7
I’ll be in stationery hell this weekend. At least I’ll be there with Fiance. This is our weekend to do list:
2. rehearsal dinner invites
3. table names
4. corks for placecards
7. drink menus
Plus, we will have to write vows, write the ceremony, select ceremony music, convince Fiance to add more dance music to the iPod playlist, get my Ering resized and order my wedding band.
Fiance needs to get fitted for his tux, as do all the groomsmen. We need to order favors and flowers. I need to do a trial run on the flowers since they will be DIY’d the day before the wedding and I won’t have time to learn then. Then I have to finish putting gifts together. The list goes on and on, really.
Good luck to the rest of your ladies!
Post # 8
I want to scream it from the rooftops…
MY INVITES ARE DONE AND IN THE MAIL!!!!!!
Post # 9
@luckyyou: Wonderful! Mine are out as of today, too!
What a wonderful feeling!
Post # 10
I just posted my invites in the DIY section if anyone is interested – I’m just so in love I had to share.
Post # 11
@luckyyou: I’m very lazy. Plus, I don’t know where that is. Can you post the link here? I’d love to see!
Post # 12
Here they are! The link is here:: http://diy.weddingbee.com/topic/luckyyous-invitations
if you wanted to see what I wrote about each number.
Post # 13
Oh my goodness! They’re STUNNING! I just love those colors together.
What’s Leaping Luci?
Post # 14
Leaping Luci is my fiancé’s uncle’s band. They broke up a few years ago but are getting back together for a one-night-only concert just for us! I’m so excited… they are part cover band, part reggae-dance-pop-rock. Their covers are FANTASTIC but their original songs are even better.