(Closed) March 20, 2010 – 6 month mark!

posted 9 years ago in March 2010
Post # 3
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I know I am soooo excited! I went dress shopping last weekend!!! We are moving next weekend and after that I am focusing on invites, food, dj, & decor! I met with a florist Friday and thought it was wayyy over priced for the simple flowers I want. Things just seem to be popping up quickly now! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 4
1080 posts
Bumble bee

I am also totally excited! It seems like everything that is left is small details and my DIY projects ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
389 posts
Helper bee

I’ve getting very excited too!

My save the dates are just about to go out… they are all done and will go out the first weekend in October. I’m working on the invites now, and I just finished updating my wedding site too.

Dress is here, bridesmaids are all ordered/here. Centerpieces are being created (well, the DIY part is!) and I’m hoping to be meeting with cake people in about a week! It’s been slightly difficult to meet with people as I am planning a wedding that is 3 hours away in my hometown, but I’m working on it! I have a tasting at the reception location the first weekend in October – very excited! – and hope to fit in cakes and flowers that same weekend.

What colors are styles are you all doing? I’d love to see what everyone else is up to! I just posted my STD’s in the DIY section if you wanted to look…

Post # 6
666 posts
Busy bee

Save the Dates are out.  My invites are purchased, but have yet to be DIY’d.  Dress bought, but needs altered.  All the vendors are in place.  My Fiance has yet to decide on groomsmen!  He needs to get cracking on that.  Then we can deal with tuxes, etc.  BMs need to pick their dresses. 

We are going to visit our venue in November and do some wine tasting.  I am really looking forward to it!

Post # 7
102 posts
Blushing bee

I feel kind of stressed out because I feel behind. I’m planning mine from long distance so I go from DC to San Diego every other month and do everything I can in  a weekend. Please tell me I’m not behind!! This is what I have so far:

Save the dates sent, dress bought, venue, bridesmaids dress picked out, color schemes figured out, wedding website up and running, picked out photographer, dj, florist, engagement encounter, bridesmaids gift…hmmm. I’m behind on the videographer.

Do you think I’m behind?

Post # 8
102 posts
Blushing bee

What are your next “to do’s”? I have to research invitations and centerpieces.

Post # 9
666 posts
Busy bee

Jbbaby, you don’t sound behind to me.  You are about where I am at and my wedding is long distance too, though not as far as yours.  I’m only a 7 hour drive from my venue. 

Post # 10
102 posts
Blushing bee

Soon2BeMrsC, so how often do you drive up to your venue? I’m going to SD this weekend, but I feel like I don’t absolutely need to be there. Other than tastings, are there any other important reasons to visit the venue? What else are you doing next time you go?

Post # 11
666 posts
Busy bee

Next time we go, we will be doing our food and cake tastings.  We are going to visit the venue and double check where all the outlets are.  We are doing the iPod thing, so we have to know how to set it up.  We have a few questions to ask the venue and our caterer.  I think we will probably pick out linens and other rentals as well.  This may be the last time we go up there together before the wedding.  My mom wants to go visit the venue before the wedding, so she and I will probably make the trip again in January, just to wrap up any last minute issues.  Fiance and I will have been there a total of 3 times from the first venue tour until the wedding. It’s not a lot of trips, but I email and call a lot.  Of course, I could never get it all done without the internet!

Post # 12
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

I hit a roadblock this week. We’re done with most of the big stuff, but I kind of hit a wall with everything else. I’m meeting a florist this week, but other than that… I’m taking the month off! ๐Ÿ˜‰ It totally doesn’t help that I got a virus on my computer that blocked Gmail and all search engines… *sigh*. Now I need a new OS, which has put all wedding-related expenditures on hold!!

Post # 13
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

We’re at the five month point! Suddenly I’m having to think details… and here I was feeling all special like I was so far ahead of the game. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Where are you ladies?

Post # 14
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I am right on schedule, everything is going smooth and I have time to breathe and relax…Life is good! Laughing  Gonna do some DIY this weekend 

Post # 16
124 posts
Blushing bee

What we have left is ceremony details, invitations and music. We know what we want to do for invitations but just have to take them to the printer, address them and send them off, so that doesn’t require much more thinking, just time! Music is the only one hanging over our heads right now, we have to rent stuff for the reception and aren’t entirely sure what we want to get.

The topic ‘March 20, 2010 – 6 month mark!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors