(Closed) March 2011 Brides… working out?

posted 7 years ago in March 2011
Post # 3
433 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

DATE TWIN! 😀 

YAYYYYY!

I just started up a diet and work out plan a couple of weeks ago. I would love to try and give weekly status updates!! 🙂 

I started with cutting out all soda and started eating a banana and drinking an Ensure for breakfast. I actually don’t mind the Ensure. I have cut out all fast food and bought a few Lean Cusines to try out. I have a treadmill and exercise bike I’ve started using and I have started up some Pilates!

What are your plans?!

Post # 4
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I don’t have much of an exercise plan, but I’ve been trying to eat better.  I definitely need some motivation so I’m down for reporting in once a week.  My first goal is just to cut out soda.  I’m only on day 2 but man it’s tough!

Post # 5
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

March 5th bride here and I’ll join in! 🙂

FI and I are running in our first 5k on Sunday and then going to continue running. I’ve cut out all junk food and am only drinking water and coffee if I want some caffeine.

Post # 7
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Here are my starting stats:

I am 5’1

Start: 143

Goal: 120

lbs to go: 23

I’m not following any particular diet, just trying to eat better in general.  Doing things like cutting out fast food and soda.  I’m a junk food junkie so that is definitely a tough thing for me. 

We can do this girls!

Post # 8
852 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Can I join?  I’m an April 2011 bride… 🙂

Post # 9
337 posts
Helper bee

I need to weigh to get an actual number and not a estimate. This weekend may not be the best for me since I’m going away for a few days with my FI and family- but I’m going to the store tomorrow to get some healthy snacks for me.

The name is good sweetpea!

I’m so much better about staying on top of working out/eating right when I have someone to be accountable to! And a dress that’s hanging out in my closet that needs to fit come time for my fittings!

Post # 10
433 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Here are my stats and goals thus far:

I am 5’5″

Start: 161

Now: 157

Goal: 125-130

lbs to go: 27-32

Post # 12
852 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@sweetpea1031: HAHA You can leave the name March 2011- I’ll be ok 😉

Height: 5′ 5″

Start: Approximently 150

Goal: Apprixmently 125-130

Lbs to go: 20-25

I might measure my waist, hips etc, since inches sometimes are a better indicate.

Post # 13
541 posts
Busy bee

Oh I just started my pre-wedding shape-up! I’ve started running on the elliptical last week. I’m trying for 30 mins a day – 4-5 times a week. Also a lot of arm workouts to tone! I’m also trying not to eat huge meals, or stop when I’m full.

Here are my goals:

Height: 5’8″

Start: 138lbs

Now: 133lbs

Goal: 128lbs

Post # 14
112 posts
Blushing bee

i just bought my dress and have 5 months til my first fitting so i need to get cracking. after the holiday, weight watchers begins HARDCORE!

Post # 15
1805 posts
Buzzing bee

I have a related question… I am having my dress made, and it’s not a traditional wedding dress so I only need to allow about a month total to have it completely done.  So, when should I do this, if I plan on dropping pounds in the next several months for the March wedding?

I am excited and want to start on the dress NOW but isn’t that a bad idea if its likely I’ll drop a couple of sizes between now and the wedding?

Currently I’m a street size 12/14.  don’t know my weight, don’t care to, but it’s around 190 and I am 5’8″.   I recently (past few months) dropped from an 18 to my current size.  Would like to be an 8/10 come wedding time.

I’m pretty happy with my overall shape, but would like to firm my tummy, and my arms, so I can decide on sleeves for the dress!

Post # 16
541 posts
Busy bee

I bought my dress as a sample awhile ago. But they told me not to schedule a fitting til 2 months before the wedding. So I would assume the later the better. But if you’re like me and fear that it will take longer than expected to complete the dress, I would do it maybe 3 months before the wedding. Then if you lose more weight they just need to do minor adjustments. Hope that helps!

The topic ‘March 2011 Brides… working out?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors