(Closed) March 2011 monthly check in

posted 8 years ago in March 2011
Post # 3
3671 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I was dreading this post.  I’m so stressed about getting things done.  I’ll be almost nonstop working the next few weeks.  

Left to do:

-Paint our cake topper

-Make our Thank You sign for pictures

-Order little things like napkins and bubbles

-Finish getting the vases for the centerpieces

-Buy votives for centerpieces

-Buy fabric markers and a basket for our guestbook (handkerchiefs that we’ll make into a quilt)

-Set up the Ipod for the ceremony music

-Reserve the chairs (hopefully next week)

-Buy the flower petals for the aisle

-Reserve a nail appointment

-Hair and makeup trial (hopefully on February 5)

-Reserve transportation (optional but would be nice)

-Buy ties for the guys

-Have my dress bustled and pressed (it already fits perfectly so that’s all I need done)

-Buy/engrave wedding bands (I have his picked out, just have to order it and mine will be around mid-January that we have the appointment to custom make one but he said it’d be done by mid-February)

-Figure out the favors/groom’s cake with the bakery

-Decide on our cake flavors and design

-Meet the officiant (we’re out of town so hopefully the end of the month will allow time for this)

-Mail our invitations (about to order the stamps so they should be out next week)

I hate having so much to do and everything being at least an hour and a half to two hours away.  

Post # 5
3671 posts
Sugar bee

@Nola: A lot of the shopping can be done here.  But I know I need to travel for some of it.  Writing it out actually makes it look more doable than thinking about it.  If I can get the bigger things done (invitations, chairs, transportation, and rings) then I will be home free and can get through the rest no problem.  

Post # 8
3671 posts
Sugar bee

I’m trying so hard to get all the big appointments made and all of the big stuff done.  I feel so much closer until I realize I have a bunch of little things to do although I know those won’t take nearly as much time.  Hopefully our stamps will come within the next couple of days so I can mail out the invitations by Friday.  And I should have the chair rentals taken care of by next week.  I did contact the girl that’s doing my hair and makeup and she said the hair and makeup trial as well as my final hair cut before the wedding will more than likely work on February 5 so that’s exciting.  Also, I contacted a few different transportation companies (hoping for a carriage to bring me up to the aisle and take us to the reception venue) as well as sent out an email about doing our cake tasting (one of two) at the end of the month and getting the consultation out of the way through email.  

Post # 10
3671 posts
Sugar bee

@Nola: Yeah we just got the quotes back and $600 for two hours for our $6-7K budget is a large portion so we probably won’t be doing a carriage.  And we’re probably doing mini apple pies for our favors.  They don’t really fit anywhere besides that they’re so cute and sound so good.  

Post # 11
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

This is my left to do list:

Still to do:

• Order flowers for the bouquets (scheduled for the first week of January)
  • Number, wrap, address, and send out invitations (scheduled for the first week of January)
  • Make cookies; chocolate chocolate chip and peanut butter, for the candy/cookie bar (scheduled for the first week of January)
  • Order candy for candy bar (scheduled for the second week of January)
  • Make signs and labels for the candy/cookie bar (scheduled for the second week of January) – partially done
  • Finalize tux rentals (scheduled for the first week of January)
  • Hire bar service for cocktail hour/reception (scheduled for the second or third week of January)
  • Get banquet permit for serving our own alchohol (scheduled for mid-March)
  • Get marriage license (scheduled for early to mid-March)
  • Finish paying vendors (scheduled for completion by mid-March)
  • Purchase items for bathroom baskets (scheduled for completion by mid-March)
  • Finish getting grooms gifts and something to put them in
  • Purchase bags for candy/cookies/other favors

As you can see, I am behind on a couple of things, but I should be able to catch everything up by the end of the month.

Post # 13
1032 posts
Bumble bee

freaking out!! so much left to do!!!! 59 items on my to do list and 16 pounds to lose before the final dress fitting… AAAHHHH!

Post # 15
426 posts
Helper bee

This week we:

– Got his tux in for sizing

– Booked another flight for the honeymoon, booked a flight for a shower, booked a flight for his bach. party

– Made an appointment to get my dress sized

– Completed wedding signage

– Scheduled license pick up time with the Officiant

Still need to do this month:

– get flowers, and flower petals ordered

– create name badges for cocktail party

– book wedding night hotel

– book bridal limo

– book flight home

– get my dress sized

– buy Out of Town bags

– go to a shower

– buy champagne for bridal party attendants

– buy shower and wedding thank you notes

– order guest book

– purchase day after wedding outfit

The topic ‘March 2011 monthly check in’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors