Post # 17
@Nola: My daughter is going to be making the bouquets for me. We are using natural touch flowers, since I am allergic. Our venue provides our centerpeices with crystal and silks, so we are going to use those, instead of purchasing and/or renting those.
I am so far behind on things. I have a meeting with my planner on Friday, a meeting with the bar service we are considering on February 4th and I am taking my oldest son to get fitted for his tux this Friday and my Fiance doesn’t know it yet, but I am taking him for his fitting this Saturday. I am going to try to make cookies tomorrow, but I have been so swamped with work and studies that I will have to see if I can fit it in.
Post # 18
Hi March Bees! Can you beleive how close we are now?? Im so excited. Its funny, last night I was talking to my fiance, and saying I feel like I havent done enough or been crazy enough. I feel like I am missing something in this whole wedding process! HAHA.
As I reviewing everything, its mostly because we had the majority of everything planned before we were even engaged! Our ceremony and reception are at a resort, and its all taken care of.. and what isnt, will be by my wedding coordinator.
One thing that my fiance and I decided was that this was OUR big day, and we werent going to work it to save a few bucks. So, really all we have to do is show up and enjoy every single minute of our beautiful day. Im so excited.
Today, I am off to see my dress for the 1st time. The one I tried on was in a different color and barely fit. So.. This is absolutely thrilling for me.
To you ladies doing a lot of your own stuff, KUDOS! I hope you all have a most fabulous day!!
Cheers to us!
Post # 19
This week we got a few things done thankfully. We sent in the contract for the rental chairs, got our engagement pictures taken, are halfway through to what is now a wooden letter B instead of a thank you sign, made appointments for hair and makeup trial, consultation for groom’s cake and favors, and dress fitting, decided on our cake design, will go Monday to take care of the rings, and are about to put our invitations in the mail. I hope tonight to find a lot more of the small things too so we’re doing a lot better than we were a week ago.
Post # 20
@Nola: All the flights are because we’re destination wedding in Napa, then flying to Miami for two days, then heading to Cartagena Colombia for 7 days, back to Miami and then home!
We are knocking things off like CRAZY! I just spent $100 at Target getting Shower Thank You notes and Wedding Thank You notes, tissue paper for Out of Town bags, cardstock for Out of Town welcome message and pens for our “guestbook”. I also went in for my dress fiting, ordered the rose petals, ordered the Out of Town bags, the “guestbook”, and a fun detail for our champagne! Also bought a cute shower dress for my first shower coming up in two weeks, and champagne for my girl’s gifts. I also called the hotel in Napa for a recommendation for the local cleaner who can press my dress when we arrive and called the cleaner to confirm they do pick up/drop off serivce. OH!!! And I spent last night painting a “b” gold and painting silver thumbtacks (for the seating chart) gold. Yes. I actually painted thumbtacks to match. I have officially jumped the wedding shark!
Post # 21
WOW how many B brides do we have in March? My first name starts with B and my future last name starts with B.
Looks like all of you have made great progress this week. I am trying my best to get multiple things done a day for the wedding. Today I got my Unity Candle and the Memorial proofs approved so that is a double check. Our hotel for the honeymoon was also booked today. Since 3 days ago when I last posted I also managed to write up our ceremony and am pretty excited to get the two page thing written up. However, I still need to write in our vows. I have double checked on our room blocks to see how they are coming along.
I have also had one bridesmaid that dropped out so that has been a thought process over if I should replace her or not. Fun times. We have decided not to have Ushers at all since my cousin (one of two ushers) passed away. We don’t want to replace his place and we hadn’t asked our second person yet so I guess we will be usherless.
Post # 22
Hey fellow March brides!
I am behind too and totally freaking out. We are FT students, school starts back up on Tuesday, and I had the entire winter break but not really, with 3 kids and Christmas and all… so I got a little done but I still have mega stuff to do and I know once school starts it is going to be REALLY HARD.
So, to do still:
- Finish printing invitations. I have printed them all except the accomodation cards and the text isn’t fitting, giving me a headache.
- talk with officiant!! I have emailed him but not talked with him yet for specifics so I don’t feel like he is “booked” if that makes sense, I need to call him but inexplicably keep putting it off. Well, I do have a weird phone-phobia so that’s part of it.
- Get dress altered, bustle, add sleeves!
- Decide once and for all on favors
- Get reception decor items
- Purchase train tickets for us
- purchas airfare for photographer
- order rings!
- find wedding attire for my 2 sons
- find something for my mom to wear also lest she show up in strapless leopard print
- write / organize ceremony order and structure
- order wedding license (can be done by mail, have to go 2 notary with FI)
- finish making birdcage veil (first several attempts were fails)
- finalize plans for the dogs for while we are gone, kennel, neighbor
Oh jeez. Can I go cry now? I am sure there’s stuff I’m forgetting also. The dashboard on Weddingwire gives me anxiety attacks every time I log in.
Post # 23
Oh gosh, writing this out is either going to help me feel better or totally stress me out, but here goes… items in bold need the most immediate attention….
- First dress fitting this Sunday (more to follow I assume…)
- Hair & Makeup trials next Saturday– finalize hair style during trial or soon after
- EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE
- Buy sodas (& Snapple?) for our Caterer to have for distribution (is cheaper to get it at Costco and have them give it out then to buy it through them)
- Meet with DJ. Continue to hone the must play/do not play DJ request list. Finalize first dance song choice. Finalize Processional/Recessional choices
- Pick ceremony readings
- Finalize jewelry/accessory choices
- Decide if we’re doing a ring warming ritual before the ceremony. Find container for rings if so.
- Finalize groomsman attire choice (are we renting a tie that matches the groom’s or buying the Maid/Matron of Honor one as a gift?)
- Finish Favors!!!! (Choose songs for mix CD, finish designing booklet)
- Finish getting bridesmaid gifts (purses? jewelry? pashminas?)
- Pick linens for reception
- Pick any last DIY projects to complete and get them done ASAP
- Coordinate already purchased vases with florist so he knows what he has to work with
- Finalize Ceremony/Reception layout (Where is what decor going [ie- candles, flowers, etc.]? where is the cake going? where is the guestbook going? the cheese table during cocktail hour? the DJ? The photobooth? Favors?)
- Decide if we’re doing a photobooth– get remote for digital camera if so ASAP
- Decide if we’re doing menus? If so- make them.
- Finalize program layout with printer. Buy ribbon for edging.
- Make signage for bathroom baskets, flip flop basket, guest book table, cake flavors, favor table, ring warming??
- Decide who is giving speeches and ask them. Insert into Day-of Timeline.
- Decide if we’re hiring a DOC. If not continue/complete working on the weekend timeline.
- Make seating chart
- Buy wedding insurance
- Buy guestbook tree
- Get our marriage license
- Get my e-ring dipped
- Order moo cards for photo-sharing info
- Create a list of must-have photos for the photographer
- Finalize Rehearsal dinner plans
- Finalize Bridesmaid brunch plans
- Make appt for spa day morning of or day before the wedding (30min massage & manicure)
- Make sugar cookie dough to be frozen for cookie making a few days before the wedding?
Post # 24
Okay seriously. How did it get to be 40 days?! Time flies. Huge checkmark this weekend we finally picked out and ordered our wedding bands. We still have to write the ceremony and our vows, rent a video camera, and I’m sure a million things I haven’t thought of yet :-/
Post # 25
Let’s see, on the docket for February we have:
Confirm deadlines with all vendors
Complete seating chart
Attend Shower/Bach party
Work out any details on day of timeline that are incomplete.
Thank goodness the list is getting smaller/more fun?
Post # 26
Hmm do we start a new one for Feb like we have been doing or shall we make this one a MILE long