(Closed) MARCH 2012 LADIES! HITTING THAT 150 MARK….what are you wokring on?

posted 7 years ago in March 2012
Post # 3
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’ll take ‘attempting not to freak out for $10,000, Alex.’

Eh, Just getting those last big details wrapped up (cake/cupcakes, tux info, getting that last Bridesmaid or Best Man to order her dress, etc). We’re finalizing our orders for the invites in a couple of weeks. When do you plan to send yours out?

Post # 5
5118 posts
Bee Keeper

@MrsStrawberry24: With a March 10 wedding, I’m thinking of making our RSVP date Valentine’s Day (hopefully that will prompt people to remember to send it out, and to buy their honey chocolate!).

Deciding when to send them out is the hard part…January 10 is not too far out, but I suppose it’s the standard 8 weeks and we sent Save the Dates. I’d feel more comfortable with early December, but that gives people 3 months out from the wedding and 2 months to RSVP, which is too much. Grrrrrr, holidays!

Post # 7
5118 posts
Bee Keeper

@MrsStrawberry24: Done and done πŸ™‚ Hopefully people vote a lot so we can get the ‘WB averages.’ 

And yes, I must stop freaking out. *breathe*

Post # 8
1869 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

oh gosh.  We’re at 151 days now.  YIKES!!!  I’m freaking out too!  SO glad I’m not alone!

We’re working on getting the tux stuff finalized.  I keep putting it off, but we need to just do it and be done.

I also need to start working on all the reception music.  GRRR!!!  I don’t want to do that part at all!

I need to start figuring out all the ceremony details too.

We’re sending our invitations out January 3rd (I think).  It’s so difficult with Christmas.  I was going to make the due date February 1st, but that’s not long enough, so maybe February 14th also.  I don’t know…

AHHHHH!!!!  So much left to do!

Post # 9
269 posts
Helper bee

Jeez, I haven’t even started to look at invites!! Am I severely slacking?

I still have to book a limo and florist.. We checked out a couple florists and one I love but gosh damn its pricey!! 

Post # 10
1488 posts
Bumble bee

Hey month twins! I’ve been totally MIA lately, but when I hit 5 months yesterday I realized I needed to get my butt in gear again πŸ™‚

Right now I’m working on getting updated address for the invitations because I swear 50% of my guest list has moved since I sent Save-The-Date Cards. We’re planning on sending invitations out the first week of December with the RSVP date as Feb. 1. Hopefully, they will get to their destination before the holiday rush *fingers crossed* I’m also finishing up the invites. I have the actual invitation and the RSVP card, but I still need to finish the accomodations and directions cards though. 

I’m also starting to get the ceremony in order and the reception music together. 

Post # 14
1488 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsStrawberry24: Yeah. When I picked the date the holidays being close didn’t even register, because really, it’s not that close to the holidays. But when you’re dealing with people mailing things, it kinda is. lol. Our caterer and then photographer both suggested mailing the beginning of December, so I figured “hey, these guys are the best of the best, they probably know what they’re talking about” πŸ™‚

Post # 15
133 posts
Blushing bee

AHHHH!!! man where is time going!!! Im super excited we have only 4 months to go till Macrh 2012!!

How many days left:

143 Days!!

Currently working on:

Finishing the Inviation Suite, almost done with bouquets

next project:

Guestbook, bouts, programs, menus, cake tasting, Cake topper, ceramony items, reception items.. List goes on and on and on.. LOL  

AHHH!! im excited for you ladies!!

Post # 16
1869 posts
Buzzing bee

@MrsStrawberry24: HA!  Probably.  πŸ™  But we sent out save the dates, and everyone is having to travel to come to our wedding, so most will know by then whether or not they are going…or at least they should! lol  I just think December will be too much time for my head to stay on straight wondering about who’s coming/who’s not coming.  Plus, Christmas will probably be hectic and then people will forget to RSVP, and then I’ll get cranky…  I’m thinking the very beginning of January and then give them 6 weeks to respond.

The topic ‘MARCH 2012 LADIES! HITTING THAT 150 MARK….what are you wokring on?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors