(Closed) MARCH 2012 LADIES! HITTING THAT 150 MARK….what are you wokring on?

posted 8 years ago in March 2012
Post # 20
326 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

How many days left:

Currently working on:

Moving in together! (That’s this weekend!) Finishing DIY invites, creating paper flowers for bouquets, making selections for wedding veil and jewelry, doing a wedding favor trial run.

next project:

Ordering supplies to make our ceremony backdrop, making centerpieces, narrowing down our song list, learning to waltz semi-decently, creating favor packaging.

We’re pretty ahead of the game, and that’s largely my fiance’s doing. He kept saying that projects would sneak up on us and he was right. Thanks, fiance!

Post # 21
1488 posts
Bumble bee

@TheJeanses2012: No 🙁 We got engaged 3 days before I moved to Houston (FI was already living here for 2 months before me) and all our families are in FL. Didn’t make sense to make everyone else travel to Houston or for us to try to find somewhere when we were still learning the city. lol

Post # 22
645 posts
Busy bee

How many days left:

172 & 180.

Currently working on:

Vendors: I’m currently in the process of choosing a ceremony musician, and wedding day transporation. Fiance Is currently picking out his wedding band.

DIY: I’ve been making favor boxes for the (CA Wedding) and butterfly conffetti (For the FL wedding). 

next project:

Vendors: Wedding day hair & makeup artist. – That’ll be the last of the vendors that i’ll need! 

DIY: Dry those happy tears tissues! 

Also!!!  We need to book a honeymoon stat!

Post # 23
1048 posts
Bumble bee

I’m in the “hemming and hawing over what to do for invites” stage. I have some simple DIY ideas, but now I’m surfing around on etsy to find something a little less time-consuming and hopefully just as thrifty.

I’m also trying to figure out my shoes and head piece. I had no idea that I would be this clueless! I have a general idea of what I want, but apparently finding said things is rather difficult.

Next up:

Fiance and I will figure out our wedding playlist and the dessert situation (I don’t want cake, so we’re not sure whether to do pie or desserts from the venue).

Post # 24
1199 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

You ladies are all so ahead of me.  Still need:  flowers, honeymoon, shoes, veil, invites!  Oh yeah, and need to get groomsmen attire worked out.

And those are just the major things….

Post # 26
2440 posts
Buzzing bee

How many days left:

161 Days!!!

Currently working on:

Getting my fiance to make an appointment to go look at Tuxes 🙂

next project:

Food tasting in November followed by our details meeting to sort out tablescape stuff (linen choices, china, napkins, etc) and set the menu.

I’m feeling pretty good where we are.  We have all vendors booked, flowers figured out, decor is done, we have our invitations already, dress bought and in already, now it’s all about the details (menu, song list, timeline, accessories, linen colors, etc.) and my bridesmaids are working on figuring out my bridal shower and bachelorette party.

Post # 28
6891 posts
Busy Beekeeper

How many days left:

140 Days! Oh my gosh.

Currently working on:

Recovering from the mini-heart attack I just had when I realized we are only 140 days away. What in the world!

Picking out invites…I feel like i’ve looked at a million different designs.

Also, trying to set up another meeting with our caterer and picking a final cake design.

next project:

Invitations. Favors. Flowers.

Post # 29
2440 posts
Buzzing bee

@MrsStrawberry24: I know, we’ve been really busy and my job just gets busier and we go through the school year so the more I can get done now the better.  We’re going to be sending invites the first week of January, our venue requires a guest count a little early so RSVP will be mid February.  Bachelorette party is going to be middle of February because we have a couple three day weekends and I don’t know when the shower will be yet but I’m guessing late january/early february.

Post # 30
1676 posts
Bumble bee

How many days left:

159 Days!!!

Currently working on:

Getting the hotels booked for the guests and figuring out transportation.  I know I’m lagging!

next project:

Decide on tuxes and Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses.  I know what colors so just need to decide on the style.

I’m also going to decide on the invitation this week or next and order them.

I guess I just have the details to figure out.  All the major things are figured out.  I meet with the photographer this week for our first consultation and our pastor wants us to figure out the ceremony in the next 3 wks and then we are going to meet and go over it. 

I’m starting to feel the stress!!

Hope all you March brides are happily planning!!  : )

Post # 31
329 posts
Helper bee

It’s crazy how time flies when you are planning a wedding.. especially when you are planning a wedding from out of town. I have been planning from 5 hours away and my time at “home” is always super scheduled. 

I have been looking at invitations (for like the 50th time! lol) and have been scheduling our veterans day weekend with lots of wedding stuff. I am having my shower on November 12th so Saturday is taken. Why so early you ask, well it snows terrible where we live and once november hits the weather and travel gets iffy. Everything needs to be done by Thanksgiving. We are also looking at tuxes and chairs for our reception that weekend. Thanksgiving weekend will be cake tasting and meeting with the priest to finanlize our ceremony. I feel like its crunch time!

The topic ‘MARCH 2012 LADIES! HITTING THAT 150 MARK….what are you wokring on?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors