(Closed) March 2012 Mr Bee’s Plan Pact

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 17
94 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@missfrillycoat  I’ve made engagement chicken. Twice. SO lovedddd it and bragged to friends that I made him “a whole chicken!”. He still asks for it, but hasn’t yet asked the question we’re all waiting for ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 19
94 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@Rush1986  @Rush1986

Presumably this shows your man that you are “wife material”. However, I already cook enough already that he just thought it was a good dinner. Who knows, maybe third times the charm!

Post # 20
1416 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@readynwaiting58   Lol same with me, I haven’t cooked it yet, but I do cook all the time.

Post # 21
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hey ladies, sorry I’ve been gone since the initial pact was made, but I have totally been sticking to it!!  I have spent tons of time with friends, invested more in the kids that I work with and started working out (fairly) regularly.  I’ve been keeping my mouth totally shut about marriage.  I keep reminding myself that we had all of the hard conversations that we needed to have before the pact started ๐Ÿ™‚

My SO and I are going to Hawaii next week and I am hoping for a ring, but I am in a place where I think I will come home genuinely happy either way!  Any tips for making sure I don’t come home disappointed if there isn’t a proposal?  I want to be thrilled with our lovely vacation, regardless.  

View original reply
@FutureMrs.browneyes  Maybe I should make an engagement chicken before I leave town.

Even though I haven’t been writing, I’ve been keeping up with all of you and oping the best for all of you, whether that is engagement ASAP or more time developing yourselves!  Sounds like a lot of you are doing so well! 

Post # 22
339 posts
Helper bee

I made the engagement chicken….well nothing happened.  He wasn’t that impressed with it either haha.  Oh well!

I have joined this pact a few times and it never seems to stick because something is always getting brought up.  I think I would like to do a better job not responding or giving a vague response.  We don’t have super serious conversations all the time though so I guess it’s not terrible.  SO is going away for 5 weeks soon and it is going to be really hard for me but it’s nice to be missed sometimes!  I’m going to semi jump on this pact train and see how it goes!

Post # 23
1416 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@edub   Try to just enjoy the vacation ( it is Hawaii lol) and if it happens great if not then only think about the amazing vacation u just got back from. I know it’s easier said then done! But i hope you have an amazing vacation( my fingers will be crossed for you) and update when u get back!!

Post # 24
645 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Unconditionallove , @readynwaiting58

Oh bother. I was hoping the engagement chicken held special magical powers. But I cook all the time. The manfriend certainly loves all the engagement lasagna’s I make him, but I don’t think it makes him any more inclined to pop the q. 

@edub

YAY Hawaii! I hope you enjoy your vacation completely- is there any activities you have planned? My family has a thing for hawaii- so I’ve been there three times (twice on Maui and once on Oahu)- if you’re on either of those islands I have a few favorite places to eat and some awesome activities!

@MissBri 

Isn’t that the way it is? Gah, every time I hold my tongue, he finds a way to just mention something offhandidly. It’s like he KNOWS. 

Post # 25
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@missfrillycoat  

Thanks for the advice and the crossed fingers ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
@missfrillycoat  

Yay thanks! We don’t have too much planned. I would LOVE your recommendations. It’s my first time in Hawaii. We are going to Maui. Eeek! Thanks for your help!

Post # 26
1105 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I had no idea what engagement chicken was until this thread, my boyfriend would know I was up to something if I made a whole chicken (I get grossed out by touching raw meat.) I cook at least 7times a week, its mostly hamburger that grosses me out. If I think about it too much I cant even eat it.

I’ve been really good not talking about the engagement, it’s been.. 5 days. Hahah I cant believe thats “good” for me, sigh. Although, I dont know how good it is when you consider he’s been on a business trip for the last 5 days and we havent even had the time to talk between his busy schedule and my classes.. 

It’s too bad there’s not “engagement cupcakes,” i’d try those all the time. Even cookies… Mmm!

Post # 27
645 posts
Busy bee

@edub : I will email you

@Excited To Bee Mmmmm engagement cupcakes. I’ll try those today ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 29
341 posts
Helper bee

I’m doing terrible. I mention it every other day.

Post # 31
152 posts
Blushing bee

lately, I alternate from being depressed about not being engaged, to not caring at all. there is no more “happy” stage of waiting for me.

I’ve been focusing more on myself lately. exercising and hanging out with friends more, and it’s been nice.

but I feel so worn down by this whole waiting process. I’m just not as happy of a person these days. And I’m getting a little resentful.

In a couple of months, I think I’m going to move forward with my life one way or another. He’s had plenty of time to decide by now.

sorry for being kind of a downerEmbarassed

The topic ‘March 2012 Mr Bee’s Plan Pact’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors