(Closed) March 2012: When’s your shower and what are you wearing?

posted 7 years ago in March 2012
Post # 3
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@heather5743: I think my Bridal Party is holding 3 for me (a college girls one, a family one on my side, and a family one on his) all mid Jan-early Feb. I think I’ll wear something semi-sassy for the first one (bach party is after), something more relaxed but dressy for the 2nd, and for the 3rd it’ll be a bit dressier, since I want to make a good impression on those that I haven’t met yet. So maybe a cute, semi-sexy top and cute jeans, then jeans and a nice sweater, and then maybe a dress or a nice long skirt and a sweater. It’s really cold up here in those months, so adorable dresses just aren’t practical 🙁

What are the age ranges of the guests at yours, and where is it being held? That’s what I basically based my outfit decisions on (and weather, of course).

Post # 4
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I wore this to my first shower which was a couple of weeks ago.  It was my family shower.  For my bridesmaids shower I am thinking of a different dress and tights. Sorry for the huge pic!

Post # 6
245 posts
Helper bee

I think both of those are really cute options! Both could be dressed up for the rehearsal dinner with some snazzy jewelry or dressed down for the shower with a colorful cardigan.

Post # 7
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@heather5743: Very cute! I totally agree with @medsie35:, they’d be adorable for either event depending on how you dress them up. Now y’all have me thinking I aught to doll up a bit more ;-P

Post # 8
1199 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@heather5743: I am so glad you posted this!  My shower is Jan 28th and I need to start looking for something to wear!  I was thinking of a wrap dress with 3/4 sleeves.  I am totally unfashionable though.

I really like the dresses you picked, try them on for us!!

Post # 10
2440 posts
Buzzing bee

My shower is scheduled for Jan. 28th.  So far, I’m leaning towards this dress.

Post # 11
Bee
1466 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Father's Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center

My shower will be January 14th, and it’s a mad-hatter tea party theme. I will be wearing a dressier dress with a bad-ass tea hat. I just have to pick one!

Post # 13
327 posts
Helper bee

At this point, I actually don’t have a shower scheduled. Boo! 🙁

I’m not sure who’s supposed to plan one, but my mom probably hasn’t given it much thought and my best friend has been planning my bachelorette weekend in New York. And right now pretty much everyone is focused on Christmas. My wedding is going to be wonderful, so I probably shouldn’t be disappointed if I don’t have a shower thrown for me, but I know I’ll still feel a LITTLE let down. I mean, my mom put one together for my sister-in-law last year…

Post # 15
269 posts
Helper bee

My bridal shower already passed! It was Nov. 13th and ended up being a HUGE surprise!! I cried!!   I ended up wearing jeans, a turtle neck and my uggs! I didn’t look bad but I would have liked to be dressed a little fancier lol 

The topic ‘March 2012: When’s your shower and what are you wearing?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors