(Closed) March 2013 babies – Part II

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Rouquine:  Thanks for starting us a part 2! 

Post # 4
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Wow. Kicked over into Part II already.  I think we must be excited!!

Anyway, U/S yesterday went AWESOME.  We saw little nugget move around and wave at us. I read the books and knew what was going on down there, but I don’t think I was mentally prepared to see it moving around. What an incredible feeling! Darling Husband was floored (he hasn’t read the books yet).

Doc said everything looks good. Heart rate at 176bpm.  Measuring maybe a day or two behind, but that’s within the margin of error so doc says he is keeping my due date at March 11th.  I (however) know that based on when I ovulated rather than my LMP it would be March 12th – so that’s what I’m telling everyone, bah I know more than doctor! Regardless, we’re shooting for 3/13/13! Let’s do this thing baby!

Other stray observations – nugget is big enough that it is about to hit its head on the top of its home. So I’m guessing that means its home is about to get bigger …

Anyway, suddenly this whole thing feels MUCH more real.

Post # 5
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@iRun2004:  You got to see your MOVING and WAVING baby! Holy crap! It’s really really real!  So jealous! Glad that the nugget (love it) is healthy and has a strong heartbeat and will forcing his/her home to expand soon:)

Post # 6
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@iRun2004:  That’s so exciting! I can’t wait to have another US!!

Are any of you guys blogging about your pregnancy? Last week I announced it on my blog and today I finally posted an update. I just haven’t been in the mood to blog—darn you all-day sickness! If you do blog, I’d love to read yours, especially since we’re all close in due dates! Here’s mine: [link removed]

Post # 7
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@iRun2004:  Wow! That’s amazing!!!! I can hardly wait for our next U/S in a couple weeks!

@jesstagirl:  I’ve been writing in an online journal (via Penzu) every few days. I write it as letters to the baby and I hope one day when s/he is old enough they’ll enjoy reading what it’s been like being pregnant! I’ve been writing little life lessons, how I’m feeling, how Darling Husband is, etc. It’s fun to do!

I am having wicked lower back pain today. I think I’ve just been sitting too long, but I’m going to have to book myself a massage. Icing it feels SOOOOO good. I can hardly wait to have a nap with that ice back under me, LOL! 

Post # 8
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@iRun2004:  yey to the ultrasound, i just love reading about those!

and ladies – i am no longer constipated! feels like being a different, happier person :-). my new issue is finding a comfortable position to sleep in, probably it’s still too early to really avoid sleeping on your back but i am trying to get used to sleeping on the side (sleeping on my tummy got very uncomfortable over the last couple of days..).another problem is that i turn around quite a lot.

how is everyone else sleeping/ any recommendations?

Post # 9
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@zen bride:  My sleeping has been HORRIBLE lately. I fall asleep very easily, but it’s staying asleep that’s giving me issues. I’ve also been trying to sleep on my left side more to get used to it, which may be why I’m having a hard time staying asleep. I’m a stomach sleeper, but it’s so freaking painful for my boobs right now! Tonight I’m going to try doing a stomach/side sleep or something. I don’t know. All I know is that I miss sleeping at night.

Post # 10
868 posts
Busy bee

@zen bride:  I’m always a light sleeper, so I’m used to tossing and turning, but I”m a back sleeper and have been trying to get used to sleeping on my left side so that it’s not such a big transition after 18-20 weeks.  Have you thought of buying a pregnancy pillow like this one:http://www.babyage.com/pregnancy/comfort-pillows/boppy-total-body-pillow-78854.htm#.  I’ve heard that they really help by a)keeping you from rolling over and b)relieving pressure by having the pillow between your legs.  There are probably cheaper options, this is just the one that my girlfriend sent me.

Post # 11
478 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@iRun2004:  Ahhh, I’m so excited for you!!! Moving and waving… WOW. I have my second appt. this afternoon, I don’t think it will involve an ultrasound — but I will get a Doppler, so I should hear our little one’s heartbeat too, for the first time! Cannot wait for that. I wasn’t going to get first-tri screening, but now I think I will just so I can get an ultrasound, haha Smile

Post # 12
931 posts
Busy bee

Re sleeping, I told my doc that I am a 100% back sleeper and he told me that I should start getting used to side sleeping now (and plan to make the transition after the first trimester).  I was discussing with a friend at work, who suggested the “Preggle” – there are a couple of different brands out there, but this one allows you to continue to use your own pillows.  It’s scheduled to arrive today, so we’ll see how it goes.  Seems really early for all this, but he was pretty adament that I start training myself to sleep on my side.

Post # 13
868 posts
Busy bee

@iRun2004:  my doctor was too.  She said that it’s actually very difficult to train yourself to sleep differnt than you natrually do, so to put it off until you actually NEED to can make for some very difficult, sleepless nights.  I never knew why it was so important to sleep on your left side, but I’d prefer not to pass out while sleeping!:)  Let me know how the pillow works- I’m sure I”ll be buying one soon!

Post # 14
931 posts
Busy bee

@DiamondsandLace: YAY for heartbeats!!! So cool!!! Let us know how it goes. I got so nervous leading up to my appointment, but apparently that’s normal.  It’s such a relief to see everything is ok.  I’m back in two weeks for my NT scan, which means I get to see nugget AGAIN.  But I think that’s it for a while.  

Post # 15
478 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@iRun2004:  Ugh, just got a call from my Dr. office that she has to attend an emergency surgery this afternoon, and we had to reschedule for Monday. I’m SO bummed.

I’m still taking a half day from work today though Wink

Post # 16
868 posts
Busy bee

@DiamondsandLace:  You deserve a 1/2 day…. and a treat.  I’m giving you permission:)

The topic ‘March 2013 babies – Part II’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors