(Closed) March 2013 babies – Part III

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 333
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

How far along: 23 +2 weeks

Weight gain: Around 20 lbs… it sounds like a lot, doesn’t it?

Stretch marks: Nada.

Belly Button: More and more shallow every day!

Sleep: I peed 7 times last night! I’m so ready to get back to my own bed- FRIDAY IS MOVING DAY!

Movement: Finally! Baby is kicking up a storm and DH can finally feel it too=)

Cravings: Chocolate chocolate chocolate! Trying not to eat too much.  I’m still on a fruit kick too so it’s my sweet tooth for sure.

Symptoms: Having a hard time feeling really full- like through my chest if that makes sense.  My back has been aching too, but I think that has more to do with this terrible bed that is in our temporary house.

What I’m looking forward to: Seeing my DH”s whole family at Christmas- they’re so excited about the baby and this will be the first “grand baby” so they’re excited to feel my tummy and the baby kick and everything.

What I miss: Sleeping on my belly, WINE, sushi!

Emotions: Pretty under control.  A little cranky at times, but otherwise not bad.

Weekly wisdom: Our bodies were designed to hold this life- it might feel like we’re “out of room” at 20-odd-weeks, but our bodies will adapt and be the safe space for our little ones for a while longer =)

Post # 334
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@PrncssDva:  Ughhhh, I’ve been thinking that I should be thinking about it- but that’s about as far as I’ve gotten.  We moved to a pretty small town so I’ll probably ask my OB for one or two suggestions and go with one of them.

Post # 335
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi Ladies, it’s been awhile since i’ve been on the boards, My due date 3/30/13

How far along? 22 weeks

Total weight gain: 9 lbs

Maternity clothes? Yes and I’m loving them, I was able to do some good shopping at Khols, Target and Maternity Destination.  Awesome deals!

Stretch marks? Not yet.

Belly button? Still have my Innie, i think

Sleep: I really should get more sleep, i’ve always been nocturnal but I wake up at 6:00am for work.  I’ll try to sleep more but it’s not easy

Best moment this week (so far): feeling my baby move around, it’s too cute

Worst moment this week (so far): i had a little shortness of breath earlier but i think it was from me coughing so much, allergies

Miss Anything? Yes, all my sweets I would eat before the pregnancy.  I had cut back on my sugar intake because of my gestional diabetes which was caught early on.

Cravings: Cupcakes!

Movement: Yes!

Classes? Yes, I signed up for Breastfeeding Basics, Baby Care Basics and Childbirth Preparation.  All classes will be in January spread throughout the month.

Nursery progress? We are beginning to look at a few designs. 

Names picked? We have a middle name but we are still on the search for a first name.

Milestones? Learning gender last week.

Struggles? Making sure I get enough exercise.

Most worried about? Making sure that we are all ready with the nursery, it’s going to be a project! 

Most excited about:  Visiting my family back East for the upcoming Christmas Holiday 🙂

Post # 336
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@bellarain:  Glad to see you’re back! We have exactly the same due date and are both expecting boys – cool!

Anyone up for sharing their plans/progress for their LO’s nursery? Right now, DH is at home patching a wall and hopefully we’ll paint this week. We’re also planning on getting all new carpet within the next month. A crib bedding set has been ordered, same with a crib and change table. I can’t wait to get this room ready for our little guy.

Post # 337
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@FutureMrsAch:  Wow awesome! My younger sister and brother who are still in college are hoping the baby come a week earlier so it can coincide with their Spring Break, crazy I know..LOL Thanks for the welcome 🙂  You accomplished a good amount of work for your nursery, that’s wonderful! I still haven’t even decided on a crib or any of the furniture yet, ughh

Post # 338
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
@FutureMrsAch:  Hmmm. Well we painted the nursury (ok, we hired someone to paint it) and we ordered our crib and dresser/changing table and are waiting for it to come in. We already have a rocker (it was my grandmother’s) and just need a pad for that (I’ve ordered some color swatches from babybedding.com – they have a pretty cool website and let you order 50 cent fabric swatches).

After that it’s going to be a matter of figuring out what decorations we want up on the wall. DH also has his eyes on a Flor rug.

Post # 339
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

View original reply
@FutureMrsAch:  The nursery won’t even get started until my husband comes home (32-34ish weeks), but we have plans! We’re going to do light gray walls and pale pink and white everything else. We’re having issues with getting a crib, though—places won’t ship to our address (an APO) and we don’t necessarily like the ones they have out here (they look so corny and futuristic). We may just buy one from ikea and use it while we’re out here, then, when we move home, get at new one. Here’s my Pinterest board for nurserys—the bedding we want is on there…i’m in love with it! http://pinterest.com/jesstagirl/baby-nursery-ideas/

Speaking of bedding…are you guys doing bumpers? I’ve heard they’re a no-no? 

On my way to go do my glucose test. I was so good yesterday and kept the carbs to a minimum (only had granola with yogurt), but then I had hot tea at night and remembered that honey is good for sore throats. Sigh. So I had a spoonful of sugar (honey). Oh well. Crossing my fingers I pass.

Post # 341
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

View original reply
@PrncssDva:  Oh girl, you’re not behind. Lol. Like I said…nothing is happening to my nursery until I’m around 34 weeks (cue panic!). We don’t even have closests, which I didn’t think about until you mentioned the clothes. Shoot! Need to come up with a plan for that now.

Post # 342
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We emptied out the room, pretty much and have bought and put together the crib.  Painters are coming this Saturday.  We ordered curtains and crib skirt and I registered for sheets (No we are not doing bumpers for safety reasons). I bought a wall cubby thing and a print that needs to be framed and we are getting the dresser from DH’s coworker– hopefully this weekend so I can start putting baby clothes in it. Oh and yesterday I ordered the glider. So we don’t need anymore furniture– but I do want to paint a small shelf that I have.  It is just waiting for things to come in, arranging and then decorating.  I am thining of getting an elephant wall decal for above the crib.  The room will be gray and blue– very restoration hardware-ish.

Post # 344
1476 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m so glad everyone is doing so well!

I’m still taking zofran nearly every day. Other than the nausea/vomiting things are going great here. I’m starting to feel the baby more. It’s weird, but exciting all at the same time. DH still hasn’t felt him yet. Hopefully soon!

So many stories about MILs wanting to help out. I’m so glad that my SIL is pregnant right now too, so she can focus her attention on her! Although, my Mother-In-Law recently went through my baby registry and told me everything was too cheap and there wasn’t enough items! Hmph! Anywho, it kind of makes me wonder what sil is gonna register for.

Post # 346
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@FutureMrsAch:  So glad everything came back okay in your latest appointment! Woohoo! And the thumbs up photo is too cute!!

Things are okay here. I’m starting to feel that third trimester slow down as I’m closing the gap here. The past few days I’ve been SO tired and my back is definitely getting achy.

Which leads me to this: My glucose test came back normal (yay!!) but with my iron slightly low (level was 103 where normal is 110). My midwife recommended taking 300 mg of iron daily, 20-30 minutes before eating with vitamin C. She said if my stomach gets upset or if I get constipation then to reduce it down to 100mg/day. I’ve had low iron previously (like really low) and managed to get it back up to normal levels just through dietary changes with more red meat, spinach, and beans. I’m terrified of iron supplements just because of the stories I’ve heard about how rough they are on your digestive system. Anyone have any suggestions or want to commiserate?

And nursery-wise, no progress really. I came up with plans for our master bedroom reno to tide us over while we house hunt (no progress there either, this is not the ideal time of year to house hunt!!), so we’re getting the ball rolling on that. I’m hoping we’ll start the reno in the new year, yay!

Oh and I think we’re going to Bermuda before Christmas for a little babymoon! YAY!!! Okay I had more to talk about than I thought, LOL!

The topic ‘March 2013 babies – Part III’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors