(Closed) March 2013 babies – Part III

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 347
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@babybuzz:  I got the same results.  I need to beef up my iron (no pun intended), so I started taking iron supplements that were supposed to be easy on the stomach.  Nope.  It was horrible.  Acid reflux was worse, I was waking up at all hours with intestinal cramping and nausea, and I actually had diarhea instead of constipation.  When I asked my doctor what to do, he said switch brands.  I know that won’t make a difference.  So…. I don’t know if I should just try to increase iron in my diet??  What are you thinking you’ll do?

Post # 348
1026 posts
Bumble bee

UPDATE: I spoke with my doctor about the iron pills and he said I can try to do diet and we will retest next visit.  So small win. How much red meat should I try to eat?

Post # 349
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@travellingfool:  I’m going to go with the dietary changes. That’s worked for me in the past. I try for red meat at least twice a week (we love a good steak anyways), more beans, and spinach or kale. I love these chicken and white bean enchiladas from Skinny Taste:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/06/chicken-and-white-bean-enchiladas-with.html

My midwife also said molasses were good too, so I’m thinking that gives me the go ahead to eat a lot of ginger cookies πŸ˜‰ How else do you fit molasses into your diet?! Here’s a few other resources I found:

http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-food-and-diet/10-iron-rich-foods_94159
http://www.thewomens.org.au/Ironpregnancy

Post # 350
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

So I got a total of maybe 2 hours of sleep last night, because I could hardly breathe I was coughing and wheezing so much. I called the doc when they opened and they had an appt. for me 30 minutes later! The doc basically just said it’s a virus and gave me an inhaler and told me to take sudafed and mucinex. I’m just glad I went now instead of getting worse over the weekend, so hopefully I’ll start feeling better soon.

I also passed my glucose test (YAY!!! Totally made an applie pie last night to celebrate), but the doc said they forgot to check my iron levels (#bangsheadagainstwall), so I have to get my blood drawn again. I have a feeling they’ll be low…I just don’t eat enough meat, especially while my husband’s away. I’ll try to eat more this weekend.

Post # 351
1026 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@babybuzz:  I read on an anemia website that is best to eat some kind of meat twice a day but it includes poultry (dark meat) and I bought some Total cereal which is fortified with iron (100% of daily value for non-preggos) so I hope that between that and uping my meat intake, it will get me where I need to be.  Hubby got a bonus yesterday so we went out for dinner to celebrate and I got a steak and a spinach salad.  I am not a steak person usually but it was good and I ate A LOT more than I usually can so I was happy. Evening is usually hard for me because I am starving but my acid acts up (even with medicine) and I can hardly get anything in me before I feel terrible.  And this morning I had my Total with a drizzle of honey on it and it was delicious. So off to a good start! πŸ™‚

View original reply
@jesstagirl:  Sorry you are sick!  ALL of the kids at my school are sick and I am just waiting for it πŸ™ Glad you passed your glucose test!!

Post # 353
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Oooh sounds like some of your ladies have some great nurseries planned. We might have to share some pics once everyone has theirs set up πŸ™‚

View original reply
@jesstagirl:  I totally snooped your pinterest. I think I spotted the bedding you’re interested in – Paris Script? SUPER nice. If I was having a girl, I’d order bedding like that.

I’m glad you were able to get in and see your dr – hopefully you feel better soon!

As for bumpers, the bedding set I ordered comes with it. Apparently they’re not breathable, so I won’t use the bumpers in that set. But I might check out mesh bumpers.

View original reply
@PrncssDva:  Your nursery sounds amazing. I’m sure the end result will be absolutely gorgeous.

Post # 354
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

EEP!!! Our crib & dresser are in and ready to be delivered. Delivery is scheduled for the 8th! For some reason this is making everything feel more real!

Post # 355
782 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@FutureMrsAch:  I talked to my husband about the bumpers and I think we’re still going to get them. She’s not going to be in the crib for the first few months, so at least I can have something pretty to look at. Then, when she is in her crib we’ll take them out and put them back in when she’s around 6 months (that’s when I’ve read it’s okay to have them in), then we’ll take them out again when she starts getting mobile (not good to have them when she can start climbing out). Lol. so much work for something just because i like the design.

I feel so much worse than I did yesterday. The inhaler he gave me definitely opened my airways, but now I’m coughing up a storm. I also have a runny nose and watery eyse. And i’m coughing so much that my back hurts now (like from where my lungs are). I would loooove to take an antihistamine, but it’s not on my approved meds list πŸ™ I’m praying I don’t get worse over the weekend, because there is no urgent care here…just the Italian hospital ER, which I REFUSE to go to, especially alone. Baby girl is still moving around, though, so that’s good, and the doc said that what I’m taking is fine for her. I just hate having to take anything. I leave for America in 5 days and need to kick this thing. I really wish my husband was here.

Post # 357
1026 posts
Bumble bee

Anyone else super excited that we are getting so close to the third trimester???? (Or some of you have started it?!) I am 26 weeks today and according to Dr. Google, Week 27 starts third trimester! Wahoo!  Maybe that fast forward button is working πŸ™‚

Post # 359
272 posts
Helper bee

Hello ladies and babies!!!

I have not been checking in for a while. Hope everyone had great Thanksgiving and looking forward to the Holiday Season.

How far along? 25wks 6d

Gender: Team green… but I have a very strong feeling that it is a girl.

Total weight gain: 12 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Yes. Just two pants and bought some long tops in one size larger than my normal.

Stretch marks? Not yet.

Belly button? Innie.

Sleep: I get up 3-4 times to just turn to the other side and use the restroom.  I still get up between 5-6 o’clock in the morning (I have not been to work for 5 weeks and until this day I can’t go back to sleep).

Best moment this week (so far): baby has been really active. I was watching the ‘Long Island Medium’ and basically she was giving reading to a mother stating that when the lady was pregnant, her passed away parent was holding the baby before it was born.  Both of my parents passed away and it has been really hard for me to deal with.  I believe that my parents were playing and holding the baby in these few days when baby has been active.

Classes? My insurance provides with free lactation class and others.  I’ve been reading and talking to my friends who are breast feeding and they ALL SAID, give about 6-7 weeks until you and the baby ‘get’ the breastfeeding. 

Nursery progress? I have been cleaning out my study room for the past 5 weeks I’ve been home.  It is hard since I have SO MUCH stuff and its closet acts as my purses and shoe closet as well.  I plan to have the crib in my bedroom until baby is few months old so not really in hurry to get it done.  However, I need to get the 3rd room ready for my hubby to sleep in:  Bed, night stand… etc.

Names picked? Hailey Mina (girl) and Hayden _____ (boy).

Struggles? Since I am on semi-bed-rest, it is very hard for me to stay in bed, sitting, RESTING!!!  I can’t exercise (swimming, lifting, walking my dog, all out the window).  Believe or not, I miss working, my co-workers, and all…

Most worried about? Keeping this baby inside of my uterus for at least another 3 wks (short term goal), but I want/need baby to be inside at least until it is 36 wk old. About 10 more weeks to go!!!

Cravings?  I was at a market where they had FRESH SASHIMI trays.  I was staring at them for like whole minute.  I told my hubby that’s what he MUST get for me right after I give birth.  Moscato – WEIRD, because I do not and cannot drink.  I am a ¼ shot wonderer.  But yes, I have been wanting it.

Post # 360
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@jesstagirl:  That’s actually a really great idea regarding the bumpers. I love the bumper that comes with crib bedding I ordered, so it might just have to stay during those first couple months when he’s not in the crib. This is the set I ordered: http://amzn.com/B001MUUNMC   I just love it.

Sorry to hear you’re still not feeling well. I hope you can get some much needed rest and kick this cold.

Post # 361
782 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@FutureMrsAch:  That’s a realy cute set!

View original reply
@travellingfool:  So the third tri starts at 27 weeks? I thought it was 28 weeks? Goodness time is flying along! I’m 27 weeks, 1 day today!

The topic ‘March 2013 babies – Part III’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors