(Closed) March 2013 babies – Part III

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 362
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Well hello preggos! Are we all in the midst of end-of-second-trimester doldrums? Two whole days without a post! We were relegated to page 2 for a while there!!

I’ll see if I can get the ball rolling again with the following three questions (answer one or all three)

(1) What is the strangest thing that someone has said to you about being pregnant?

(2) What is the strangest question you have wanted to ask your doctor (and did you ask)?

(3) What is the strangest thing you have done while pregnant?

Post # 363
478 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

View original reply
@iRun2004: Definite doldrums over here — although I was excited to hear about Kate Middleton expecting this morning. I’m just ready to get into the third trimester. I know it’s only going to get more uncomfortable, but at least the number of weeks will keep shrinking while our bodies expand!

Fun survey Smile

(1) What is the strangest thing that someone has said to you about being pregnant? I know this isn’t considered all that strange, but my mother-in-law asked me to tell her when I felt the baby kicking last time we were visiting. I assume because she wanted to reach over and feel it too? I’m just now discovering how very uncomfortable I am with people touching me, so I never said anything when I felt the kicks. I do not like when anyone other than my husband touches my stomach!

(2) What is the strangest question you have wanted to ask your doctor (and did you ask)? Hmm… I want to ask at my next appointment if Baby could be “kicking” my cervix, because that’s definitely what it feels like. I’m pretty sure that isn’t possible though.

(3) What is the strangest thing you have done while pregnant? I never buy lottery tickets, but we bought a lot for the Powerball last week — a lot. I didn’t actually expect to win, but I spent an inordinate amount of time planning out what we would do if we did. Needless to say… nope.

Post # 364
931 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@DiamondsandLace:  HA HA HA – so first off, I totally bought a Powerball ticket for the first time too. I couldn’t get it out of my head and spent a large time daydreaming about how we would spend the money. What did you come up with?

Also – I totally have the same thought. I feel like half the kicks I get are aimed directly at my cervix! It’s like – dude – do you really want out that badly??

On a whim last night I held up my ipod speaker directly to my belly and played some music. Baby started kicking! It was totally cool. I will now spend half the night searching for my big headphones so I can play music directly into the belly.

Post # 365
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

(1) What is the strangest thing that someone has said to you about being pregnant? I’ve already told y’all but my co-worker told me not to get excited because I might lose the baby. I was already 11 weeks at that point. She has continued telling me these things throughout.

(2) What is the strangest question you have wanted to ask your doctor (and did you ask)? When I was severely constipated due to Zofran, I really wanted to ask my doctor if pushing too hard (I mean really hard) could cause a miscarriage.  I nearly convinced myself I ruptured membranes straining.  I didn’t ever ask because I felt silly. But he did check my cervix and everything was fine.

(3) What is the strangest thing you have done while pregnant? Haven’t really done anything strange. Went to a concert where it was so loud that the kid was going nuts, kicking and flipping.  I tried to cover my belly to block out the noise and I probably looked pretty strange with my arms wrapped around my belly.

Post # 366
931 posts
Busy bee

Ok, so I realized I hadn’t actually responded to my own questions!

(1) What is the strangest thing that someone has said to you about being pregnant? The paralegal in my office told me around the beginning of the 2nd trimester that he was really glad my skin cleared up. He also told me several times during the 2nd trimester that given how big people are in the midwest that I could totally still pass for just “fat”. Neither of these things did I particularly want to hear!

(2) What is the strangest question you have wanted to ask your doctor (and did you ask)? Too Much Information ALERT!! Since around the time I lost the nausea I have been having pretty consistent watery stuff in the undies.  I kept meaning to ask the Dr, but I was too embarrassed. Fortunately, my prenatal yoga lady mentions it basically every week. It’s totally normal (as long as there is no change/etc.). So I wear liners and really need to get better about doing my Kegel exercises.

(3) What is the strangest thing you have done while pregnant? Like D&L, buying a powerball ticket was up there, but I think the oddest thing was probably when I burst into tears because DH decided to make me banana bread. Really? Tears??

Post # 367
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

(1) What is the strangest thing that someone has said to you about being pregnant? Not sure if this really counts, but I had a SIP of my friend’s beer at dinner one night and a girl next to me (someone i’ve never met before) looked at me shocked and said, “Aren’t you pregnant?! You’re not supposed to have beer!” Everyone else at the table, who knows me and knows I have a sip every once in awhile and don’t get durnk, just rolled their eyes at her.

(2) What is the strangest question you have wanted to ask your doctor (and did you ask)? I haven’t asked yet, I feel so silly asking…but… I’ve heard that nipple stimulation can cause preterm labor. Wellllll…..my husband is coming home when I’m around 33ish weeks and I haven’t seen him in seven months, so there will be sex. I’m just afraid of going into preterm labor from the sex! I’m going to ask at my next appointment.

(3) What is the strangest thing you have done while pregnant? Make two international flights—once in my first trimester and again tomorrow, in my 3rd trimester. Traveling/flying for 20+ hours is exhausting and hard on the body as it is, let alone adding a pregnancy to it!

Speaking of the above, I leave tomorrow (in less than 12 hours, actually; I should go to sleep soon!) for America!! I’m so excited to go back home. I am feeling a little better from my cold, but my nose is still all congested and I have a nasty cough every once in awhile. Oh…and I had a huge pregnancy brain fart and I’m kicking myself for it now: I made a checklist of all the meds I wanted to take with me. Well, somehow I ended up grabbing two bottles of Tylenol instead of my bottle of Benadryl. I’m so upset over that, because I was planning on sleeping during my long flight—not only that, but I’m scared of all the pressure from the plane. I reallllllly hope the Sudafed I have will work with me.

Post # 368
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@iRun2004:  Great idea with the questions!

(1) What is the strangest thing that someone has said to you about being pregnant?
Talking to a friend about how women who have already had kids tell the most awful stories to other pregnant women and it’s not fair/nice to scare us. She then went on to tell me about how bad breastfeeding went for her and how her nipples turned black. Gee thanks. I’m not terrified at all…

(2) What is the strangest question you have wanted to ask your doctor (and did you ask)?
Ummmm so now that I’m big… how do I….. uhhh… groom…. down there…. And no, I didn’t ask, but I did have a conversation with DH about it, LOL!

Booked a last minute trip to Bermuda! I found it, booked it, and told DH he’d have to make it work! LOL! I also bought decorations for her first birthday party because I found something on sale on Zulily that I love. I pretty sure DH thinks I’m nuts.

View original reply
@jesstagirl:  Safe travels!!!

Post # 370
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@jesstagirl:  have a good and safe trip! don’t worry about the flying, i just flew this week and was also wondering whether the pressure might have an effect on my bump or if it would feel weird during take off and landing but i didn’t notice anything! and the flight attendants were extra nice to me as a bonus :-).

Post # 371
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

fun questions and even funnier answers :-)!

well my own (generally supportive) father has recently told me how fat i’ve gotten. thanks dad!!

whether it is really that dangerous to have a sip of wine or beer here and there but didn’t ask because i don’t want to hear the answer!

i‘m afraid i’m also one of those cryers, so crying over certain commercials, random things my husband does, even the weather has become my daily routine…

Post # 372
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@babybuzz:  My mom told me (gross, I know) that if you can “clean up down there” in front of a mirror it makes it MUCH easier.  If you don’t have a full length one in the bathroom, you can sit spread-eagle on the contertop. I know…. a convo WITH MY MOM!

(1) What is the strangest thing that someone has said to you about being pregnant? The random woman at my office that asked me if I was going to go the “bad mom route” and ofefer my baby a pacifier.  I was too caught off guard to even say anything to her!

Gwr ready for a werid question =) I was reading that at 23 weeks the baby is feeling around on the uterus, it’s body and the umbilical cord a lot.  I was so nervous that if the baby is making jerking motions when he’s got his hand on the umbilical cord that he might be able to pull the cord out… I KNOW! I asked my mom (a nurse) and she politely said it’s not a possibility.

I feel like other than having some roller coaster emotions I haven’t done anything too crazy.  I have cried A. LOT. during this pregnancy though =)

Post # 373
478 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

View original reply
@iRun2004:  Oooh, the things I would do with that money! I’d quit my job pronto. I’d invest at least half of it. I’d buy a Range Rover and a nice-size brick house with a lot of land. Other than that, I don’t think I’d do much right away — I’d wait until baby arrived and then we’d take a fun vacation over the summer, like a month traveling Europe or something. What about you? (I love to think about this, hahaha)

Post # 374
931 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@DiamondsandLace:  Investment, pay off the loans, the house and the car, and then start educational funds for my kids, by brother’s future kids and all my cousin’s kids. Plus I wanted to start an endowed scholarship for my alma mater for kids in the Chicagoland area. (can you tell that I’m focused on the expense/importance of education???)  Then I would quit my job and go all pro bono all the time – I think maybe doing landlord/tenant disputes for people who can’t afford lawyers.  I would still want to work, but would definitely cut back from my current private law practice of 60 hour weeks to a much more moderate load.  Maybe I would also start a day care in my area that my sister could work at so she would always have a job!  And then I would buy a cabin on a lake in Michigan along with a boat for lots of relaxing weekends.

LOVE the answers to all the questions guys! I think the best part is that pretty much ALL those strange questions, I have wanted to ask someone too! (seriously, I thought about the pulling out the cord thing and everything)

HOLY EXHAUSTION BATMAN!!! I’m not sure I can deal with another 14 weeks of being this tired! WOW – only 14 weeks?????

Post # 375
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@iRun2004:  I never thought about baby pulling it out but I simply don’t understand how it doesn’t get twisted up like a hair dryer cord/telephone cord etc.  My dad joked it is on a swivel so it never gets twisted.  LOL

The topic ‘March 2013 babies – Part III’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors