(Closed) March 2013 babies – Part III

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 377
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

(1) What is the strangest thing that someone has said to you about being pregnant?

uhm, i find it strange that a large amount of women feel the need to tell me all about how horrible their pregnancy experiences where, aches n pains, pre term labor, everything that can go wrong in l&D went wrong, how horrible recovery for them was,how epidurals are so terrible, how i will “never get sleep again”,  how terrible breast feeding is and how much it hurts etc. Or my personal favorite, “OMG you are sooo BIG for only being 26 1/2 weeks” (my mother is prob the biggest culprate on this one)

How about i’m not big i’m pregnant and go google pregnant belly pics for 26 1/2 weeks before you tell a pregnant lady she looks ‘BIG’ i’m average. 

I just want to be like; “can’t you just let me and all the other pregnant women be happy in our nieve pregnancy bubble and not bring us down or try to scare us?” As if we don’t already think/worry about these horrible things 24/7 already LOL

(2) What is the strangest question you have wanted to ask your doctor (and did you ask)?

Is it normal to not be able to poop for like a week? LOL and my doctor said constipation is normal and to just eat more fiber.

(3) What is the strangest thing you have done while pregnant?

Uhm I started crying because I really wanted mac n cheese from lucielles BBQ and my husband jokingly told me no, and i started to cry n yell at him. LOL pregnancy hormones are insane. LOL we laugh about this now it happened when i first became pregnant,

Post # 378
218 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@iRun2004:  I FEEL YOU ON THE EXHAUSTION THING. ONLY 14 MORE WEEKS TO GO THOUGH, SEEMS SO FAR AWAY SOME DAYS AND LIKE ITS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER ON OTHER DAYS. I FEEL LIKE I NEVER GET ENOUGH SLEEP ANYMORE NO MATTER IF ITS 6HRS 8 HRS OR MORE.

Post # 379
218 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@iRun2004:  I FEEL YOU ON THE EXHAUSTION THING. ONLY 14 MORE WEEKS TO GO THOUGH, SEEMS SO FAR AWAY SOME DAYS AND LIKE ITS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER ON OTHER DAYS. I FEEL LIKE I NEVER GET ENOUGH SLEEP ANYMORE NO MATTER IF ITS 6HRS 8 HRS OR MORE.

Post # 380
272 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@iRun2004:  I bought a Bose headphones while back and play musics  (classical, opera, easy listening and baby songs).  He/she loves it!  I tend to listen to my belly with a stethoscope and I can hear my baby’s hearbeat, fluid moving sound along the music.  

Regarding the cord… I have seen and know a person that their baby had a constriction to its limbs with the cord and ended up with fused fingers and ven restricted growth of the limbs.  Please, drink planty of water ladies! At least we can attempt to prevent compartment syndrome by making enough amniotic fluid for our little ones to play in.

Sorry ladies… I am a worry worm and being in home for the past 6 weeks and will be until I deliver the baby is driving me, my husband and my doc crazy.

I have not felt my baby hiccuping and asked my doctor today during my appointment that if it can be due to tracheoesophageal fistula (where there is a canal between trachea and esopphagus)! 

(1) What is the strangest thing that someone has said to you about being pregnant?

“How old are you?/ Are you old enough to be a mother?”  Yes… I am 30 and I still get asked if I am in high school.  My petite size doesn’t help this situation.  I hate getting these looks, ‘a troubling teenage mother’, that people give me. 

(2) What is the strangest question you have wanted to ask your doctor (and did you ask)?

It might be Too Much Information… but here it goes.  I want to ask you ladies for advies.  I have been on a pelvic-rest since week 5! I have searched to how to keep our sexlife going but was not able  to find answers that were helpful to me and my hubby. 

(3) What is the strangest thing you have done while pregnant?

Nothing in particular… However, now I am in very motivated in mood for ‘nesting’.  Constantly in attempt to cleaning, organizing and cooking as much as I can.  Yet, I am still not done.  Hopefully, my new furtnitures that I purchased will arrive and it will speed things up. 

Post # 381
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
@youngliz:  Oh hon, please step away from Dr. Google! Or try to refocus your energies on things you can control!

Post # 383
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

View original reply
@travellingfool:  That. Was. Awesome!Thanks for sharing 🙂

I’m back in America now!!!! The flights were long, but not too bad. On my second (longest) flight the sinus pressure got to me and gave me a splitting migraine. It went away 5 hours later, but it was horrible. The baby mostly moved around during take-off and landing and then every once in awhile throughout the flight.

The downside to my ridiculous flight(s) is that the dry, non-recirculated air made me sicker. I was feeling good, but now it’s back with a stupid vengence. GRRRRR. It’s my nose giving me issues now, which sucks because I can’t taste food 🙁 Also, since I’ve been coughing so much, my ribs/lungs(?) HURT so much! I’m assuming it’s since I’m pushing out when I’m coughing and then the baby is pushing up on them? Too much force!

I’m going to Target today to finish up my registry IN PERSON!! So excited 🙂

Post # 384
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@jesstagirl:  YAY!  Glad you are home in the USA!  Hope your trip is great!

Post # 385
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@travellingfool:  Hahaha! Too cute! That’s so creative!!

View original reply
@jesstagirl:  Glad you had a safe flight! Get some rest and plenty of fluids and feel better soon!!!

View original reply
@iRun2004:  I’ve been getting really tired too. Although I also have low iron, so I think it’s a combo of that and moving into the third trimester. My back and right hip have also been KILLING me lately. Ugh. Too bad we’re having our holiday party this weekend and there’s so much baking and cleaning to do! Epsom salt baths are rocking my world these days!

View original reply
@MRSLMA:  That is QUITE a conversation to have with your mom, LOL!

Post # 386
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’ve posted about this in other threads. Over the weekend, my clients informed me that in their country, women who are pregnant with boys will get ugly. They told me I’m getting an ugly face. Gee, thanks! I totally cried about it after they left.

It’s a little Too Much Information. When DH and I were intimate this past week, I felt stomach pain. Doctor confirmed it’s just round ligament pain.

(3) What is the strangest thing you have done while pregnant?

Probably gone halfway up a volcano. I was pregnant on our honeymoon in Maui. We went to this volcano and were driving to the top. About halfway there I read on the pamphlet that high elevations of this sort is not recommended for pregnant women. We promptly turned and went back down.

Post # 387
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@FutureMrsAch:  what???? That is the worst one I have heard yet. That is SO rude and people are such idiots! I was having a brought day too because the comments been getting out of hand at work. why can’t people just shut their mouths?!?

Post # 388
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Oh man, my belly button is dangerously close to popping! Tee hee.  I am a little weirded out by “inside out” buttons. Well, actually not other peoples, just the idea of my own.  Right now, in the morning it is still a slight innie but by night it is on the verge of popping out. LOL. Anyone else?

Post # 389
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

My childbirth class is today and i’m really excited for it! It’s going to be fairly long 9-3, so hopefully I won’t want a nap! But on that note…

I’m still sick and I’m pretty positive I broke a rib this morning when I was coughing. I’ve never felt so much pain before and it’s constant, basically whenever I move. Coughing, sneezing, and blowing my nose is just excruciating. After this class I’m going to go to urgent care, because I’m definitely not getting any better. On top of the rib thing, the sinus pressure makes one side of my face completely sore (from my head all the way down to my jaw/teeth). I hate this! The only thing that gives me comfort is feeling my little girl move and kick.  

Post # 390
478 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

View original reply
@jesstagirl:  Hope your class went well — and that you’re feeling better! Yuck, being sick during pregnancy is the worst.

I’m going to start Part IV, because after 389 comments, we’ve stretched this thread pretty thin Smile

The topic ‘March 2013 babies – Part III’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors