(Closed) March 2013 babies!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@zen bride:  Me me me!  Are you due Mar 8 too? I don’t get to go to the doctor until July 16th and I know I will be stressed until then! 

Post # 5
1026 posts
Bumble bee

@zen bride:  I see these other people on here who say that they went right to the doctor for a blood test etc. and my doctor was like, well didn’t you get a postive urine test?  well, then you are pregnant.  See you in July!  I was supposed to go the week before but we are going to be in Sweden next week through July 13th.  So that will be the first day I can go.

My date is March 8th according to the online calculator.  I am so worried about it sticking because I tested so early (got my BFP on 10DPO).  Today is 11 DPO and the line was stronger this morning so I think that is a good sign.

Post # 6
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Hi ladies! Wow, okay, it feels bizarre posting in a babies thread. I’m pretty shocked, but also very happy. Getting used to the idea of being pregnant! Darling Husband and I pulled the goalie about a year and a half ago, but we were being relatively observant of when I was ovulating, etc and trying to avoid those days. Except last month we didn’t realize. Apparently I’m very fertile, LOL!! Anyways, we’re really happy and excited, we just didn’t expect it to come so soon, but honestly, I feel like we could have always had a reason to wait, so this will definitely get our butts in gear because nothing is making this baby wait! LOL!

My doctor’s office told me to come in for a blood test, but when I got there another doctor told me my regular family doctor (she’s away until next week) would be doing a bunch of blood work next week anyways, so why stick me with a needle twice and just got a urine sample from me instead. She gave me a prescription for morning sickness meds for when I need it. I’m not having any just yet. I get a tiny bit nauseous every now and then, but it’s nothing bad. My sense of smell is definitely getting stronger, and that’s when I find my stomach starts churning a bit!

Right now, I’m mostly feeling like my internal temperature has been turned up 5 degrees. I told my sister I was hot all the time and she’s the one who asked if I was pregnant, I did the math and figured maybe I should take a test! Otherwise, I’m feeling great and enjoying the naps when I get tired πŸ˜‰

@zen bride:  I’m March 3rd too!

Annnnd I just wrote a novel. Sorry! LOL!

Post # 7
1026 posts
Bumble bee

@babybuzz:  I want my doctor to WANT to stick me with a needle.  Booo… Well let us know how it goes.   When are you telling people?

Post # 8
466 posts
Helper bee

@travellingfool:  I’ve told my real estate agent (LOL! We’re hoping it’ll sway an offer we’re putting in on a house), and one friend. Not sure when we’ll tell family and the rest of the world. I don’t know if I can make it until 12 weeks without bursting!!! How about you?

Post # 11
466 posts
Helper bee

@zen bride:  The problem with all kinds of symptoms though is that it’s going to be hard to hide from our nosey families! LOL! I swear every time I feel a little off my mom or sister asks if I’m pregnant. I don’t know how I’m going to lie to them for the next few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 12
1026 posts
Bumble bee

We are only telling parents now.  Our reasoning is that if something did happen, I’d want my mom to be there for me anyway. So I don’t mind them knowing.  After the Dr. appointment confirms that all is well, we will only tell family (brother and sister) and my best friend and his.   Everyone else will wait until after end of first trimester. I only knew for 2 full days before telling my parents and I already felt like I was lying.

I’ve had a LOT of symptoms.  I almost thought I couldn’t be pregnant because it was too “textbook”. Thought I ‘d read too much and now was imagining it all. But it convinced me to test early! Passing nausea (but not too bad), starving, waking up early to pee, skin breaking out, cramping, bloating, sore boobs, irritable.  I’m tired but not the kind of exhausted I’ve heard people talk about.  No need for naps- yet anyway.

Post # 13
466 posts
Helper bee

@travellingfool:  I just talked to my mom and my sister and it was awful!!! Ugh I so wanted to tell them! We’re seeing them Sunday for brunch, but it’s my mom’s birthday, so I don’t think that’s the right time. I think we’ll likely wait for a little bit anyways, just until I’ve seen my doctor for my first “official” appointment, and I sort of like having this little secret between Darling Husband and me right now πŸ˜‰  I’ve had almost all the same symptoms as you, although I don’t think I’ve been too irritable (you’d have to ask Darling Husband to verify that though, LOL!), defnitely hungry, tired, a bit crampy, bloated, sore boobs, tiny bit of nausea. I’m hot and a bit gassy too, LOL! I’m a sexy beast right now I tell you πŸ˜‰

Post # 14
1026 posts
Bumble bee

@babybuzz:  Ha LOL.  I feel the same.  I couldn’t feel less sexy if I tried.  I think it is nice that you have a little secret. πŸ™‚  I’m just bad at them.  I am usually an open book so even holding it in from everyone else seems impossible! 

Post # 15
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Hi, I just saw this board at was super excited to join! πŸ™‚  Congrats to everyone already!

According to the due date calculators, I’m due March 4th.    Does anyone else have the urge to keep testing just to make sure it was right?! hahaha I think I”m still in shock of it actually being positive.

Post # 16
1026 posts
Bumble bee

@perfect_fit:  You too!  Yes, but I have resisted because I am afraid I will overreact.  I did retest the next day and at first I thought it was lighter than the first day’s and I got all upset that something was wrong.  Turns out I didn’t give it long enough so by the time the 5 minutes were up it was plenty dark.  Darker than the first day.  But the short freak out was enough to convince me that I should stop.  So…. unless I randomly get my period now, I am assuming all is well until I go to the doctor July 16th.  When did you get your bfp?

The topic ‘March 2013 babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors