(Closed) March 2013 brides, how far have you gotten with planning?

posted 6 years ago in March 2013
Post # 3
12953 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Hi!  We’ve booked our venue, caterer, and photographer so far.  I have my dress, too.   I don’t think you’re behind schedule at all!

Post # 4
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

You’re not behind 🙂 

I’m trying to do things earlier rather than later. Any effort to reduce stress. 

We have our chapel, reception venue, photographer and my dress. Our reception venue is also a catering company, so we still have to pick food options, but we kinda have it out of the way. 

I’m currently talking with florists to try to get that nailed down. 

Post # 6
366 posts
Helper bee

We have the venues caterer and baker (since the are both included in the venue) and the dress. I found a photographer I love but we keep having to reschedule our meeting. Hopefully we will meet them and have that taken care of this Friday!

Post # 7
57 posts
Worker bee

Ughh… I feel so behind. I have my venue chosen, but haven’t booked it yet. I’ve been waiting for the venue guy to send me a proposal for 2 weeks now! He keeps saying he doesn’t book more than a year in advance, so the way he sees it it’s not a year until the 23rd. So frustrating. At least the good thing is that the catering is included with the venue. I do not have a dress yet; I haven’t even started shopping for that. I’ve been working on DIY centerpiece stuff though. Also, Fiance and I are hoping to go shopping for his wedding band this weekend!

Post # 8
205 posts
Helper bee

You’re not behind at all. We booked our ceremony venue and reception location (having picked out actual menu yet), we’ve booked our photographer and my make up person. 

I’ve gone dress shopping and found one I love, but am still looking (they say you need to absolutely buy your dress by June so you’re definitely ahead of the curve) 

You’re actually way ahead of me! 

Post # 9
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@SoCoBlue:  you’re not behind. we have yet to officially book the venue. we’ve narrowed it down but that’s about it. we want to bring outside catering so we’ll have to figure that out soon after. im not too worried 🙂

Post # 10
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

we have our venue picked out just not officially booked you (unepected expense so now to resave for the deposit) i have my dress and a reception dress. i have been working on little things for centerpieces and decor for a while so a lot of that, we also have our menu figured out. i have the paper for all of our stationary and the template to print on it all set up just waiting until everything is offically set in stone

Post # 12
28 posts
Newbee

I feel so behind. We’ve picked the venue, but haven’t booked it yet. We’re doing that this week. No dress, no photographer, no DIY crafts started. Nothing!

Post # 15
873 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@missfenway , I am jmares, just changed my name. Yes! I got my proposal. It had some surprises in it. 1. It stated that there is a 100 person minimum for saturday nights. This was a problem since I only have an 80 person guest list. The extra 20 people would ruin my tight budget. I panicked for a few minutes then decided to wait until I spoke to the venue rep. After I spoke to him, he accomadated my request and made an exception for me! Yay!

The surprise #2 was that he added $1 per head from his original quote, but that was no big deal. Since he agreed to accomodate my 80 person party, I let the buck slide : )

Just waiting for updated proposal now. So looks like I’ll officially book him this weekend! So exciting!

The topic ‘March 2013 brides, how far have you gotten with planning?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors