(Closed) March 2013 brides, how far have you gotten with planning?

posted 8 years ago in March 2013
Post # 35
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

We have booked our venue, DJ, favors are ordered, purchased dress, designed save the dates (how soon should these be mailed?), & booked florist. I still need to meet with our baker to design the cake and candy bar and book a photographer. July 29 will be our bridesmaid dress shopping date. Still need to find where we will be renting tuxes. Am I missing anything?

Post # 36
13595 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

We have a venue, caterer, photographer, and DJ booked, plus my dress and bridesmaid dresses purchased.  Just sent our save the dates (wedding involves a lot of travel!), and are starting to look for the florist and day of coordinators. 

I can’t believe it’s only like 9 month away!!

Post # 38
104 posts
Blushing bee

We booked our venue over a year ago! I know we sound crazy but we have been engaged two years and we found our venue right away and they let us book in advance to lock in the price. We have also booked our DJ and caterer. I have my dress too. Still looking for shoes! 

I have to say it feels good to have stuff squared away so early make budgeting easier! 

Wink

Post # 39
15 posts
Newbee

OMG, a lot of you already have your dresses?! I need to get going on that!

I already have: jeweler, wedding coordinator, venue, officiant, baker, caterer, photographer, vision for venue decoration…

But what is really biting at my heels right now is Save the Dates and the wedding website. We want to give everyone 6 months’ notice (that’s next month!) We’ve already bought the cute domain name we want to use, but if there’s nothing ON the website when we send out those Save the Dates, it will do us no good. So that’s my current project.

Post # 40
2552 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

This is a full list of what is done so far, unless I forgot something.

– Ceremony and Reception Venue and Catering are booked

– Went to our tasting and finalized menu selections

– Officiant is booked

– Began premarital counseling

– Guest List is finalized

– Photographer is booked

– Engagement shoot is done, pictures are back! πŸ™‚

– Bought FI’s wedding band

– Selected bridesmaids dresses

– My dress is purchased! Should be arriving in September.

– Bought my (maybe) shoes. I might find a pair I like better in the meantime.

– Started registries at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, and Bloomingdale’s

– Honeymoon and flight are booked! Sandals La Toc here I come!

– Selected invitations/wording

– Groom has purchased his suit

– Hotel rooms for the night before/night of are booked

– Selected our florist and planned out ceremony/reception decor, also discussed her adding linens as part of our package

– Selected our baker and cake design/flavors

– Purchased placecard holders

I still need to…

book a DJ/lighting vendor, book a videographer (if I want one), send Save-The-Date Cards this month, find a hair/makeup person, purchase invites,  purchase my veil and accessories, finish up registries, purchase a dress for the rehearsal/showers, pick out my wedding band, pick out Bridesmaid or Best Man and Groomsmen gifts as well as parents’ gifts, DIY our rock-candy sea glass favors, purchase loose sea shells, etc.

Post # 41
205 posts
Helper bee

hi ladies, an update on what we’ve done since the last time i posted.

We have:

– ceremony and reception venue booked 
– make up and hair for entire bridal party booked
– photographer booked, and engagement session done
– florist booked
– dress bought and first fitting scheduled
– dj booked
– wedding invitation design picked
– std design picked and getting ready to get out

good luck everyone!  

Post # 42
619 posts
Busy bee

@rachelmichelle:  Wow – you got A LOT done already!! I’ve going to use your list as a check list πŸ˜‰

Post # 43
16 posts
Newbee

Update:

We have everything completed aside from tuxes. What a relief. 

Post # 44
26 posts
Newbee

Wow Jamielynn6!  We are date twins and I am impressed!! I thought I was doing pretty good to have a venue, dress, bridesmaids with dresses, save the dates sent, photographer, and an idea for everything along with some decorations bought but you blow me outta the water!  Way to go!

Post # 45
22 posts
Newbee

Hi Bees! Any of you looking for an affordable wedding or engagement photographer? I am an up and coming brooklyn based artist looking to build my wedding and portrait portfolio. Please reach out if you are interested. I can work with your budgets πŸ™‚ [email protected]

The topic ‘March 2013 brides, how far have you gotten with planning?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors