(Closed) March 2013 Brides, what have you done so far?

posted 6 years ago in March 2013
Post # 4
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

March 23 here!!

I’ve bought my dress, booked a venue (which inlcudes caterer), just signed my florist contract today(!!), kind of picked out Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, and of course created and constantly add to the ever-growing DIY list πŸ™‚

Luckliy my photographer is my aunt so I’ve booked her too!

Post # 5
2335 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

March 2nd for me!

We’ve booked a contract with the venue which includes both the ceremony/reception sites, as well as catering and cocktails. We’ve also booked our officiant and photographer.

I go try on dresses tomorrow!

Post # 6
339 posts
Helper bee

@MrsSully:  Woohoo March 23!! πŸ˜€

I couldn’t start planning much until this month, but I have my dress, our tuxes picked out at Savvi, our church, officiant, reception site (with catering), our photographer (although he’s flaky, getting frustrated), and almost our DJ!

I haven’t thought about flowers yet… When are you supposed to book those? I feel like that can wait a little, I’ll have to research that a little bit. 

Post # 8
2335 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Bought my dress today!! πŸ™‚

Post # 9
40 posts
Newbee

we booked the church a week after we got engaged (mid April), and already ordered my dress.  Yaaay!  were still deciding on our reception, its down to 2 venues now, but i`m afraid our guest list keeps on adding up! eeek!

Post # 10
129 posts
Blushing bee

@bzybee15  We’re date twins !! πŸ™‚

So far I have booked my ceremony/reception venue (it will all be in the same place), photographer, ceremony/reception music (got a package that includes both) and have already looked at two florists πŸ™‚

Post # 11
96 posts
Worker bee

I’ve got the venue (comes with caterer), photographer, DJ, and videographer all booked. Mom just put the deposit on my dress yesterday.

We have the bakery and church picked out, the deposits just need to be mailed.

We’re also booking our room for the honeymoon soon – you know, since it’ll be spring break month and all.

I haven’t done much about flowers besides looked at pictures – one florist told me (at a wedding expo) that you can wait until after you have the BMs dresses are picked so they can match the colors. (If you’re set on your colors, I guess you can book the florist whenever.)

Glad to hear everyone’s making progress.

Post # 12
12973 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

We have a venue, caterer, photographer, my dress, bridesmaid dresses, and a ceremony musician.  I’m working on the DJ and florist now.  And save the date are going out next week!

Post # 13
232 posts
Helper bee

We got engaged in January. So far we have booked/bought:

• Church
  • Reception Venue
  • Caterer
  • Photographer
  • Dress, shoes
  • Florist
  • DJ
  • Bridesmaid Dresses
  • Officiant
  • Hair/Makeup

We have also:

• sent the save the dates (partial DIY)
  • selected the reception linens
  • scheduled two enagement parties 
  • had one cake tasting and scheduled another
  • scheduled enagement photos (this weekend!)
  • purchased half of the Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts (Coach bags, thank you Rue La La)

I’m a big planner, organized, etc. It’s been so much fun! πŸ™‚

Post # 14
75 posts
Worker bee

I have done:

save the dates, my dress, photographer, hair/make-up, officiant, DJ, venue/food, tasting, bridesmaid gifts, men’s suits, rehearsal dinner, guest book, cake

Still working on:

invites, flowers, decorations, bridesmaid dresses, shoes for me, and all of the other little things that cannot be done yet

Post # 15
619 posts
Busy bee

Geez, you girls are good!  Our wedding is 3-23-13 and so far we’ve….

Booked Venue – includes ceremony and reception location, catering/bar, cake

booked photographer

bought my dress

In the next week, we’re meeting with potential dj/band and officiant

E-pics in July and then ordering save-the-dates and sending those out in September (?) and planning o sending out invites right after the new year.

Narrowed down BM’s dresses. Girls get to select their own styles within designer, color and fabric.

When are you ladies have your bridal showers and bachelorette parties?

Post # 16
248 posts
Helper bee

@MrsElle:  Date Twin! you sound like me. I’m definitely on top of my wedding game.

We have: Ceremony Venue, Officiant, Reception Venue, Caterer (haven’t chosen the exact food though), Photographer, all of my attire, Grooms Attire, Bridesmaids Attire, Groomsmen Attire, FOB suit, sent out invitations for engagement party, bought string lights, burlap, tulle, doilies and mason jars for decor, designed Save the dates (need to be printed and mailed), have most of the guest list, invitation designs are well on their way, took engagement photos.

We’ve decided on but haven’t done/booked/bought: Flowers from Whole Foods, Rings, Tables/Chair/Linen rental, DJ, in the process of making wedding party gifts, Hair & Makeup.

So far, I know of three showers that people have offered to throw us (Mom’s best friend, MOH’s mother and my godmother) I’m assuming at all of their homes. The bachelorette party I’m leaving up to my Maid/Matron of Honor my only input is no penis straws hahaha

The topic ‘March 2013 Brides, what have you done so far?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors