(Closed) March 2013 brides, what is your first dance song?

posted 5 years ago in March 2013
Post # 3
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

No. Idea. 

We haven’t talked about it at all. Our DJ gave us a song recommendation list that we’ll look at, but for now, we’ve got nothing!

We’re using our chapel organ for processional/recessional — traditional stuff. 

Post # 5
506 posts
Busy bee

Our first dance song will be “a thousand years” by Christina Perri.. And for the entrance to the church I’ve aaalways wanted pachelbels Cannon in D major ! Ever since I saw my sassy girl the movie lol.. 🙂

Post # 6
197 posts
Blushing bee

Right now we’re leaning towards Adele’s version of Lovesong for our first dance. Haven’t figured anything out yet for the recessional but I will walk out to The Light by Sara Bareilles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DFqmecuBKM

Post # 7
620 posts
Busy bee

@Mrs_powerz:  Great choices!  I also love Pachelbels Canon in D (never knew the formal name of the piece, but I love it!) And, I also looked up the Christina Perri song you mentioned – and loved that too. Funny thing is FI and I both love Jason Mraz’s “Im Your’s” and really considering it as “our first dance song” – but might be kind of hard! LOL Still searching

Post # 8
341 posts
Helper bee

Great ideas! 

@purple_sofia:  I LOVE that Jason Mraz song! My FI doesn’t like him though, sad day 😛

We haven’t officially decided. It is between Soulmate by Josh Turner or When I Say I Do by Matthew West. Both good choices, it’s tough!

Post # 10
418 posts
Helper bee

My first dance song has been picked out since I was around 6 years ago and it’s “I Swear” by John Michael Montgomery.  I’ve always known that when I found the one that the song would be perfect and so it is. 🙂

Post # 11
184 posts
Blushing bee

These are some great suggestions!  My fiance and I are going to do a swing dance so we need something with a distinct beat and slightly faster tempo than a slow song.  We’ve thought about using Michael Buble’s “Feeling Good”, it’s got some nice instrumentation in it. However, it’s not really a love song.  If anyone has suggestions, I’d love to hear them!

Post # 12
36 posts
Newbee

Nothings gonna stop us – starship

Post # 13
75 posts
Worker bee

fade into you- mazzy star

Post # 14
506 posts
Busy bee

@purple_sofia:  Thank you! We currently changed “Cannon in D- pachelbels” for “Aerith’s theme piano version- FFVII” (is very dreamy and cute song for when walking the aisle) since both FI & I are big time gamers lol..

We really liked Jason mraz too! My FI wanted “A beautiful mess” but for the wedding first dance no way lol its a gorgeous song but the lyrics just don’t match the moment (wht a beautiful mess this is.. (8) so not Pretty lol ) but I’m yours is beautifuuuul! <3

Post # 15
26 posts
Newbee

We are doing our first dance to “I’ll Be Here For You” by Robert Earl Keen.  A good friend and muscian is going to play the song live.  It makes me “ugly cry” every time, but I have been listening to it over and over again in hopes that I won’t do that on the wedding day…but I doubt that will happen.  🙂

Post # 16
12635 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Nine Million Bicycles by Katie Melua…amazing.

The topic ‘March 2013 brides, what is your first dance song?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors