(Closed) March 2013 brides, what is your first dance song?

posted 6 years ago in March 2013
Post # 3
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

No. Idea. 

We haven’t talked about it at all. Our DJ gave us a song recommendation list that we’ll look at, but for now, we’ve got nothing!

We’re using our chapel organ for processional/recessional — traditional stuff. 

Post # 5
505 posts
Busy bee

Our first dance song will be “a thousand years” by Christina Perri.. And for the entrance to the church I’ve aaalways wanted pachelbels Cannon in D major ! Ever since I saw my sassy girl the movie lol.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
197 posts
Blushing bee

Right now we’re leaning towards Adele’s version of Lovesong for our first dance. Haven’t figured anything out yet for the recessional but I will walk out to The Light by Sara Bareilles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DFqmecuBKM

Post # 7
619 posts
Busy bee

@Mrs_powerz:  Great choices!  I also love Pachelbels Canon in D (never knew the formal name of the piece, but I love it!) And, I also looked up the Christina Perri song you mentioned – and loved that too. Funny thing is Fiance and I both love Jason Mraz’s “Im Your’s” and really considering it as “our first dance song” – but might be kind of hard! LOL Still searching

Post # 8
339 posts
Helper bee

Great ideas! 

@purple_sofia:  I LOVE that Jason Mraz song! My Fiance doesn’t like him though, sad day ๐Ÿ˜›

We haven’t officially decided. It is between Soulmate by Josh Turner or When I Say I Do by Matthew West. Both good choices, it’s tough!

Post # 10
418 posts
Helper bee

My first dance song has been picked out since I was around 6 years ago and it’s “I Swear” by John Michael Montgomery.  I’ve always known that when I found the one that the song would be perfect and so it is. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
184 posts
Blushing bee

These are some great suggestions!  My fiance and I are going to do a swing dance so we need something with a distinct beat and slightly faster tempo than a slow song.  We’ve thought about using Michael Buble’s “Feeling Good”, it’s got some nice instrumentation in it. However, it’s not really a love song.  If anyone has suggestions, I’d love to hear them!

Post # 12
36 posts
Newbee

Nothings gonna stop us – starship

Post # 13
75 posts
Worker bee

fade into you- mazzy star

Post # 14
505 posts
Busy bee

@purple_sofia:  Thank you! We currently changed “Cannon in D- pachelbels” for “Aerith’s theme piano version- FFVII” (is very dreamy and cute song for when walking the aisle) since both Fiance & I are big time gamers lol..

We really liked Jason mraz too! My Fiance wanted “A beautiful mess” but for the wedding first dance no way lol its a gorgeous song but the lyrics just don’t match the moment (wht a beautiful mess this is.. (8) so not Pretty lol ) but I’m yours is beautifuuuul! <3

Post # 15
26 posts
Newbee

We are doing our first dance to “I’ll Be Here For You” by Robert Earl Keen.  A good friend and muscian is going to play the song live.  It makes me “ugly cry” every time, but I have been listening to it over and over again in hopes that I won’t do that on the wedding day…but I doubt that will happen.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 16
13251 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Nine Million Bicycles by Katie Melua…amazing.

The topic ‘March 2013 brides, what is your first dance song?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors