(Closed) March 2013 Mamas Part 5– The Final Chapter!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 287
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Well. I’ve joined the pity party bawl my eyes out for an hour club. I’m so frustrated and let down and hate the feeling of not being able to control my own body. I don’t think DH gets it. I’m just frustrated with the world right now. I think I might shut down my Facebook for a few days. I’m feeling so much pressured from myself, from family and friends, I just don’t need 18000 reminders a day that yes, I’m still effing pregnant and no she hasn’t come yet. I can’t think of anything else I can do short of reaching in there and yanking her out. I’m just feeling so emotionally overwhelmed right now πŸ™

Post # 288
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@ViaMinorViator:  congratulations!!! such a perfect little cutie!

just quickly checking in here to see how everyone’s doing – baby is keeping us busy 24/7!

to all of you still waiting and being stressed out by family and friends, hang in there. i remember those last days and hours and how unnerving and frustrating it is and keep my fingers crossed for all of you. good thing is, at one point or another, those babies will come out (big advantage over the tww with uncertain outcome!).

here’s a photo of our little sunshine:

Post # 289
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi ladies – I’m another April mom checking in just to say congratulations to the new mamas and good luck to the very-soon-to-be-mamas!!!

Post # 291
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Yay!!!!! Congrats to all the new moms!!!! And a special congrats to my due date buddy Diamonds! It is amazing how far we have come from the TTC boards. It felt so slow at the time, but then it went by so quickly.

To the ladies still waiting – I’m so sorry. I know I can’t at all understand what you are going through, since Lydia was a whole month early I had only started the “boy I’m done being pregnant” jokes. I can’t imagine how frustrated you guys are.  I guess the only thing I can say is that your babies WILL make an appearance eventually – and all that time in the womb can only help them be more developed when they come out. In the meantime – go get your last pedicures, take lots and lots of naps, do spontaneous things. Things like that wil be over for the foreseeable future and they are the things I missed out on the most by not having that last month of pregnancy. So let me live vicariously through you!!! Do something fun and tell me all about it!

Post # 292
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@zen bride:  &
View original reply
@ViaMinorViator:  LOVE the baby pics… beautiful beautful babies =) Makes me want our LO here now!

View original reply
@travellingfool:  Oh lady, I’m so sorry you’re feeling so discouraged=( Wish I could give you and
View original reply
@babybuzz:  both a big hug right now.  Let yourself have a pity party if you want- we wont’ get many more of these days to just sulk around and lay in bed for a couple hours or watch TV and pig out on ice cream.  Wishing and hoping for some progress for both of you.

Post # 293
466 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@travellingfool:  I’m pretty much at exactly the same measurements you are, 1cm dilated, 60% effaced, really soft cervix. BUT as my midwives keep telling me (and I know it’s hard to really focus and believe this): Don’t focus on the numbers. Some women go from 1cm to 10cm in 2 hours, some stay at 1cm for a month. The important thing here is that your body is doing what it’s supposed to be doing to get ready for baby. You ARE dilated, you HAVE thinned, your cervix HAS softened. Those are all good signs that your body is getting ready. I know it’s small comfort, but personally I’ll take any comfort I can get, lol!

I think you and I have similar feelings about being induced, so I know how disappointed you must feel about that being a real possibility. DH said to me last night though that at the end of it, we’ll have our baby girl, so how she gets here is less important in the bigger picture. Once she’s here, we’re going to be so excited and happy we’ll totally forget about whether I was induced or went into labour on my own. If that’s what happens, it’s not going to be the way I planned, but I’m sure I’ll get over it, and certainly it doesn’t mark me as unusual from so many other pregnant women nor does it mean I’ve failed in any way. It just is what it is, and at the end of it, you need to do what’s best for baby right?

View original reply
@MRSLMA:  Thank you sweetie! I appreciate your kind words and hugs. I’m feeling a bit better today. I took a walk around the mall with my Mother-In-Law (it was snowing so a walk around the neighbourhood wasn’t exactly enticing, lol), and then had acupuncture. I picked up some of my favourite bagels for lunch and a chai latte from Starbucks. It felt nice to get out and clear my head for a bit. I’ve also pretty much closed my eyes to FB and I’m just trying to clear my head from everyone else’s noise which is helping.

View original reply
@iRun2004:  Hmmm fun stuff? My acupuncturist prescribed a dance party and chocolate cake tonight. That should be fun! We watched Superbad last night (she said to laugh a lot) and I ate a crap ton of California rolls for dinner, lol! Going to Starbucks without a carseat or stroller was nice too, I have to admit πŸ˜‰

Post # 295
466 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@travellingfool:  My midwives said we’d talk about it at my next appointment which is tomorrow or Friday. I’m just waiting to hear back from them. Not sure if they’d want to do it over the weekend or wait until Monday when I officially hit 42 weeks? I’m glad you’ve had a better day today. I think we both needed to get out and give our heads a break. Take the advice of my acupuncturist and eat chocolate cake today, it releases oxytocin πŸ˜‰

Post # 296
1476 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@travellingfool: and @babybuzz: I’m sorry you guys are so misrable. Sending you the BIGGEST hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

@zen bride: So cute!! πŸ™‚

Today I find out if my baby moved into a sunnyside down position. Fingers crossed! We also picked our doula today. 

Post # 297
1476 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

And we totally messed up on the appointment time, so I had to reschedule for tomorrow. 

I just saw that I missed a call from my mil, she’s been calling me every day this week. Just now it’s starting to drive me crazy. Give me my space! So I turned off my phone. Feeling a little guilty for it, but geez. I’ll call if something happens.

Post # 299
466 posts
Helper bee

My how quickly things change. I just finished talking to my midwives and DH. They’re inducing me tomorrow morning it looks like πŸ™ It seems that baby girl is REALLY thriving in there and has gotten even bigger, so my choices pretty much come down to getting induced tomorrow or Friday and hoping to still have a vaginal delivery, or if I wait until next week most likely needing a c-section. Sooooo looks like I’m going to the hospital in the morning. And here I was having a fun dance party with the cats thinking optimistic thoughts….

Post # 301
466 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@travellingfool:  thank you sweetie!! I’ve moved past the initial disappointment and into being excited (and a little nervous!) that our little girl is nearly here!! The FB break has been good for me too. I think it’s really helping to clear my head. Sending lots of happy contraction thoughts your way and I hope you go into labour soon. BUT I also hope I come back with a happy induction story to make it less scary should your own labour go that way πŸ™‚

Send happy birth thoughts my way tomorrow. I’ll keep you all posted!!!

The topic ‘March 2013 Mamas Part 5– The Final Chapter!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors