(Closed) March 2013 Mamas Part 5– The Final Chapter!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 302
1476 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@babybuzz: Sending happy birth thoughts your way! I know that this isn’t the way you wanted to deliver, but you will have your little girl to hug and cuddle in the end!! 

Post # 303
1272 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

just lurking – congrats to those who have had babies recently, and good luck to those still waiting!!

View original reply
@DiamondsandLace:  just dropping in to say a HUGE congrats on the birth of Jack!!!

View original reply
@MRSLMA:  keeping an eye on you for an update πŸ™‚

Post # 305
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@travellingfool:  YAY!!!!! Happy baby day to both of us!!! Oh my gosh I’m so happy for you I’m nearly in tears!!!!!!

Post # 306
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@travellingfool:  YAYYYYYYYY! Good for you- work hard and get that boy in your arms! Can’t wait for an update =)

View original reply
@babybuzz:  Thinking of you too this morning! Everything will go GREAT and I’m so SO excited to hear about your birth experience.  My birth coach told me the other day that we are all warriors and we need to picture that during labor… get it!

We’re adding more babies to the group!! Making me excited to get to the next group of us that are due =)

Post # 307
466 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@MRSLMA:  Thanks sweetie! I’m all ready to go. I’m literally just sitting here waiting for DH (as usual) our appointment is in 10 minutes. He’s still in the flipping bathroom. Really today of ALL days you want to stress me out and make me late? Thanks dude. Sigh. Hopefully being late is the worst part of the day πŸ˜‰

Post # 308
868 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@babybuzz:  Did you sleep at all last night? I can’t IMAGINE the adreneline you’ve got pumping =)

Post # 309
4354 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@travellingfool:  
View original reply
@babybuzz:  June momma popping in to say good luck today ladies!! Hope you both have smooth deliveries πŸ™‚

Post # 310
466 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@MRSLMA:  On and off. Had some weird dreams. I don’t feel very rested today for sure. I can hardly wait to get home and have a nap!! 

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  thank you!!!

View original reply
@travellingfool:  Hope you’re doing well sweetie!! Thinking of you today!

So I’m at the hospital hooked up to a fetal monitor. They’ve given me Cervadil which sort of looks like a tiny flat tampon. The OB was really nice. So now that that’s in, they monitor baby girl for an hour and a half just to make sure she reacts okay and then we go home. I have to call back in 6 hours to check in, and then come back in 12 hours for another check if labour hasn’t started. They can give me another dose in 24 hours if need be. Not nearly as scary as I was expecting, but we’ll see how labour itself goes, lol!! I’m a little bored…. Only an hour to go…. 

Post # 312
868 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@babybuzz:  Already your induction process makes me feel better =) My sister got induced and went right on Pitocin and had a rough time with it.  I’m glad you’re able to give me another perspective in case that’s the route we end up going!

Post # 313
466 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Peony007: Thanks!

View original reply
@MRSLMA:  I’m not sure how it varies from the States vs Canada, but my midwives said there would basically end up being a couple of routes the OB could go:
1) Give me a gel to help soften the cervix and dilate you via a synthetic version of prostaglandin that gets released over time. This would be the case if I hadn’t progressed far enough on my own.
2) If I had progressed (not sure how softened/dilated you’d need to be in this case), they’d likely break my water and give me Oxytocin which is the same as Pitocin.

I really didn’t want to deal with case #2. I think we’ve all heard the scary stories of Pitocin, so the gel induction seemed like the gentler way to go as it’s meant to sort of nudge your system in the right direction. I also liked the idea of a synthetic hormone that works on my cervix vs a synthetic hormone that causes contractions. The gel can take multiple applications (if I’m remembering correctly my sister had to have it done twice), and the nurse said it can take up to 5 days for things to get rolling but they’re hoping that’s not the case obviously!

If I eventually DO have to have Oxytocin/Pitocin, it will likely be a really low dose at first, and then my midwives can increase the rate very very slowly at their discretion. The OB today didn’t really give me an option, he just did an exam, said “hand me the Cervidil” and popped it in there, LOL! So I’m glad it worked out the way I wanted πŸ˜‰

So far I’m feeling fine. I’ve had a few cramps and a bit of a backache. I’m sort of stiff and tired in general, but I think that’s just from not sleeping well last night largely. The nurse encouraged me to go about my day today, she said not to just go home and sit and wait, be active, move around. I guess it’s the same as encouraging regular labour!

Anyways, I did want to make sure I documented a bit for you guys about being induced because I had pictured this delivery going literally the complete opposite and being induced was my worst nightmare, so if I can share this and hopefully alleviate some fears that were similar to my own (hopefully I won’t confirm any, lol!) then I’ll feel even better about having had to go this route!

Think “baby come out” thoughts for me! We’ve got the nudge, but we still need the final push!

Post # 314
4354 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@babybuzz:  My SIL had the gel too, she got it around 10:30-11pm and delivered the next morning at 6am. Not saying it necessarily works that fast for everyone by any means but I’m hoping it’ll make you progress so you don’t need the oxytocin! 

Post # 316
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@travellingfool:  That’s wonderful! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! 

View original reply
@babybuzz:  Thinking of you! I hope you’re doing well and the next to post about your LO’s arrival πŸ™‚

The topic ‘March 2013 Mamas Part 5– The Final Chapter!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors