(Closed) March 2013 Mamas Part 5– The Final Chapter!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 317
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  yay!! Fingers crossed it works that well for me! I’ve had a couple of contractions but nothing crazy. Could have just been BH… Mostly I’m insatiably hungry and my heartburn is awful! lol!!!

View original reply
@travellingfool:  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations sweetheart!!!! I’m so happy you had a great birth after so much trial and tribulation!!! Get some rest and snuggle your beautiful boy! I couldn’t be happier for you!!

Post # 318
466 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@FutureMrsAch:  Thank you!! Me too! We’re back at the hospital at 8:30 for an exam and a non-stress test. Hopefully good things are happening down there, lol!!

Post # 319
1476 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@travellingfool:  Congratulations!!!!! Can’t wait to hear his birth story!

@babybuzz: Hearing your induction story relieves some fears for it happening to me. Thank you for sharing!!

Appointment went well this morning. My baby is still head down. YAY! ๐Ÿ™‚ His spine is facing my left side, so he moved a little bit. We found out that I’m on the higher normal range for amniotic fluid, which can make it easier for him to move all around in there, so there is a slight chance that he can become breech again, but if he does it’ll be easier to move him back. He can still move to the sunny side down position before he decides to come. Or, he can wait until he decides to come to pick his position. I keep telling him to stay head down and to face my back. As long as he’s head down, I am happy at this point!! I’ll take back labor over a c section, which could still happen bc who can predict their labor?!

Post # 321
466 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Peony007:  Glad baby is cooperating still!!

Nothing much new to report. Just got back from a second non-stress test at the hospital. I’m having contractions 5 minutes apart, but they’re so light I didn’t even realize that’s what they were, I thought it was just her squirming around. Everything looks fine, baby girl is responding well to the contractions. They told me to come back if the contractions get stronger or longer. I’ve had A LOT of mucus in the past couple hours (yum), so clearly the Cervidil is doing SOMETHING. The nurse said most first time pregnancies need two doses. We go back at 9am tomorrow. 

Post # 322
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

thanks again for all the congratulations!

View original reply
@travellingfool:  congratulations, congratulations!!! i’ve been following your ordeal on my phone and kept thinking of you and so happy that your little lukas is out and thriving!

View original reply
@babybuzz:  keeping my fingers crossed that things keep moving along for you too!

then we will wait for the next ‘batch’ of march mamas and babies!

Post # 324
1476 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Well, my water broke 6 hours ago.

I was falling asleep listening to my hypnobirthing CD and then a pop happened. I was so relaxed that at first it was so confusing. I was thinking, ‘I’m pretty sure I didn’t pee.’ And it kept coming and is still coming. I was able to go back to sleep for about 4.5 hours. I’m pretty wide awake now. We’re just waiting around for contractions now. Our doula said it could be anytime or up to 12-24 hours. So now we wait, wait, wait…

Post # 325
466 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Peony007:  Oh my gosh!!! Exciting!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!

I’m just waiting to see the OB at the hospital. This place is boring. Lol!

Post # 326
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
@travellingfool:  Yay!!!!!! Congratulations!

Post # 327
931 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Peony007:  Ha. That’s totally what happened to me. I remember thinking “um … I don’t think I’m peeing”. It took me about 2 hours to get my first contraction after that and about 4-5 hours before I started getting painful contractions. Good luck!!!

Post # 328
466 posts
Helper bee

Cervidil #2 is in. The OB said there had been some progress, but not a ton. She mentioned the possibility of a c-section, but said she knew that likely wouldn’t be what I wanted since I’ve been working with midwives. It was great to speak with an OB that understood the flip side of the coin! She was wonderful! The nurse said just to go home, relax, nap, watch movies. The more relaxed I am the better results we’ll likely get. Lots of cramping is a good sign apparently. I’ve been having some, but not a ton, but we haven’t been home for long either. My lower back is really sore, not sure if that’s a sign of anything. So, feet up, fireplace on, maybe a bath in a bit… DH made me lunch, I’m just taking it easy ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 329
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@Peony007:  Ahhhhhh! It shouldn’t be long now =) So excited for you!

View original reply
@babybuzz:  Frustrating I’m sure, but at least you had a good experience with the OB.  I’m going to my doctors appointment today and asking about Cervidil after hearing about your experience with it.  Sending you contration generating vibes =) Enjoy your relaxing day… we won’t get a lot of those for a while!

Post # 330
931 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@babybuzz:  Wishing you all the best. But remember, a c-section is still a birth experience. If you have to go that route be sure to ask the doctors to let DH stay with the baby at all times and bring the baby to you ASAP. and have them postpone all unnecesssary tests and bath until after you have had the opportunity to try breastfeeding in the recovery room. They forced us to do a formula feed in the surgery room because she was a preemie butyou should be able to push that off.  Remember, this is your baby so you are in control and you can  set a lot of the rules. 

Hopefully that is not needed advice but i want you to know that I still feel like I went through birth and a lot of that was because mentally I approached it as such instead of just a surgery. 

Oh and if you can afford it, placental encapsulation sounds gross but I highly recommend it ESPECIALLY if you have a c-section. 

Post # 331
466 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@iRun2004:  You’re absolutely right, if I need a c-section it’s still a birth experience and it will be beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚ It would be a little ironic though because its literally the FURTHEST you could get from our original birth plan. We’ll see what today brings though! How does the encapsulation help? What does it do? I’m not informed in the slightest on that, I’d love to hear your experience!

View original reply
@Peony007:  I hope you have a beautiful baby in your arms right now!!

Update du jour: I was too tired last night to update again, sorry. So just before 6:00, my Cervidil fell out when I was in the washroom. I called the hospital and they had us come in at 8 rather than 9 for the OB to check me and for a non stress test. I was freaking out a bit, and talked to my midwife who assured me it could be a good sign, the Cervidil is inserted into your uterus, so if its dilated and doing its thing like its supposed to, it could be that it can’t hold onto the Cervidil anymore. DH and I laid down in bed and I started to calm down and eventually started having cramping and contractions. 

At the hospital the OB checked me, I’d dilated to 2 cm and my cervix was softening and thinning so the Cervidil was indeed doing its job. She offered me two choices: Have a gel prostaglandin put in, or have them break my water and start oxytocin. More Cervidil wasnt an option since clearly my body didn’t want to keep it, lol. We decided to head the gel route since option B would still be available today. Why not try the gentle nudge one more time before pushing my body off the cliff so to speak. 

They monitored me for an hour and a half after the gel went in, but then we had to stay an extra hour because Little Miss Wigglybutt wouldn’t calm down and all her movement kept setting off their alarms. I eventually told DH to get me a sandwich (hadn’t eaten dinner and it was coming up to 10:00 at this point), as soon as I ate she settled down. She gets hangry just like mommy ๐Ÿ˜‰ The nurse thought it was hilarious!

So we’re back to the hospital this morning at 11. I got a pretty solid sleep. I suspect they’ll break my water and start me on oxytocin. I have to admit I’m a little nervous and scared but I’m also looking forward to the end of this epic journey. It’s been a really long past few days. DH has taken amazing care of me as have the nurses and doctors. I really didn’t want a hospital  birth at the beginning of this, but I’m so thankful we’ve met so many kind and wonderful people at the hospital, it’s really helped me accept and enjoy this new path we’ve had to take. 

The topic ‘March 2013 Mamas Part 5– The Final Chapter!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors