(Closed) March 2013 Mamas Part 5– The Final Chapter!!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 347
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@loveknows:  I was feeling so all alone- glad to know I still have some momma’s-to-be! Looking forward to an update from you =)

Post # 348
868 posts
Busy bee

@tynabee:  What a beautiful family! You look AMAZING and Logan is a total doll. Congratulations!

Post # 349
1138 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@tynabee:  Holy cute! Congratulations! 

Post # 350
478 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Thanks everyone!!! Sorry I’m so late with more of an update, we had an easy start and then hit a rough patch.

We were discharged after 2 days, nice and healthy, but then Jack was readmitted to the NICU with a scary case of jaundice – they had such a hard time getting the IV in with his tiny veins, he screamed and cried for almost an hour, and then we had to leave him there, just 3 days old…. Definitely the worst night of my life. My husband, who never cries, could not keep it together either.

Jack is totally fine now though, we’re so happy to have him home I don’t even mind the sleepless nights. He’s already up to 7 lbs 15 oz today, he is nonstop nursing!

Labor and delivery turned out to be easier than I expected, I think I mentioned that before. Mine was 15 hours total. I had contractions every 5 mins from the beginning so that was tough, but I got Nubain at 4 cm and an epidural at 5 cm, and I progressed to 10 cm in three hours after that! Pushed for 20 minutes, and there he was!

My husband saying “it’s a boy!” was and probably always will be the best moment of my life 🙂

Congrats to all the new March mamas here!!! And good luck to those waiting, can’t wait for your little ones to make their debuts 😉

Post # 351
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@tynabee:  congratulations, what a cutie!

Post # 352
868 posts
Busy bee

@DiamondsandLace:  SO glad to hear everything is OK- how incredibly scary for you!

Are we planninng a March 2013 babies thread? I know I should concentrate on getting through the delivery, but I’m MOST interested in hearing what’s going on with the babies/mommas and your new lives! Don’t get me wrong- I LOVE a good pregnancy and birth story, but I’m so focused on what life will be like AFTER the baby gets here! How is feeding going (BFing v bottle) sleeping, how do they melt your heart every day?

We can stick around this thread until the last of us go, or we can start a new one… I for one know I won’t be offended if we bail on the pregnancy thread and move on to babies…. ya’ll will just get my baby announcement over there =)

Post # 353
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Wow!!!! Congrats to the newest March mamas! I cant believe how far we have all come. 

Babybuzz – Sorry you had to end up with a c-section but I am happy to hear it went ok. If I can offer one additional piece of advice — make sure to remember that taking care of YOU is just as important as taking care of your new baby. Take it easy!!!! Make sure you dont pick up anything heavier than the baby and let your body dictate how much you move around. It is so easy to forget in the whirlwind of baby that you just had major surgery. 

D&L – i am so sorry to hear about your troubles but so very glad to hear all is well. 

@MRSLMA:  I second the motion to start a March Babies thread on the babies board. I would love to give everyone an update (Lydia will be 5 weeks old tomorrow!!!!) and also keep up with how everyone is adjusting. 

Post # 354
1501 posts
Bumble bee

Just popping in from the April board to see what is in store in the upcoming couple weeks.

Congrats to the March mommas! And to those still waiting, hopefully your little one’s will be here soon.

Post # 357
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Popping in to say hi and see how our remaining mommas to be are doing!

@DiamondsandLace:  So glad you all are okay! I can only imagine how scared you were!!

Things here are going well. We’ve had our battles with breast feeding, but we saw a lactation consultant yesterday and things are going much better last night and today. Recovery from the c-section is getting better every day. Yesterday we were able to stop so I could get a Starbucks on the way home from our appointment, I’m starting to feel slightly human again. My mom and Mother-In-Law and Darling Husband have been a huge help, I’m very thankful to have so many caring people around us. “Little” Rose is doing well. She’s cute as pie, I can’t get over her cheeks and big blue eyes!!! She’s a really sleepy baby. I have trouble feeding her at night sometimes because she wont wake up!! 

I’m totally in for a March babies thread!!

Post # 358
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

ladies, i did it ;-). here’s the march babies thread, let’s continue our great discussions and support for each other there!

March babies

The topic ‘March 2013 Mamas Part 5– The Final Chapter!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors