(Closed) March 2013 Mamas — Part IV

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 287
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@jesstagirl:  Oh my goodness! Sending lots of love and positive thoughts to your friends! Please do keep us updated.

@iRun2004:  I feel like I need to start watching Downton Abbey. Everyone is talking about it. It’s making me crazy.

Post # 288
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I’ll definitely keep you guys updated. So far, no new news, which is hard to hear…or not hear. So devestating.

Did you guys give the hostess for your baby shower a gift? I just feel like the worst person ever, because I didn’t give anything to my SIL, Mother-In-Law, and mom for hosting my first shower. I think I may send them a fruit basket or something. I have a shower on Saturday that two of my friends are hosting and I’d REALLY like to get them something, but it’s too late to order anything online. Can you guys think of anything I could buy at a store (the stores here, by the way, are like the equivalent of a Walgreens). I’d love to hear your ideas…i may check out Pinterest and see what I can find!

Post # 289
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@jesstagirl:  I bought my girls umbrellas, because, you know, it’s a SHOWER!! Ha ha ha. Anyway, I would consider fine chocolates if you can get your hands on them. I got a small box of chocolates for throwing a baby shower last year and I thought it was the perfect thank-you.

Post # 290
931 posts
Busy bee

@babybuzz:  Yes – you really do. Or save it for maternity leave. Note that the 1st season is available on both Netflix and Amazon Prime (free).  If you love it (like I do) you can decide to buy the second season and can update yourself on the third on demand.

Post # 291
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@jesstagirl:  Thoughts and prayers to your friends- how terrible.  I can’t imagine the agony she is in.

@iRun2004:  Oh. My. God. about Downton last week.  Cried like a BABY.  Dh came home with about 10 minutes to go in the show and got his head ripped off for trying to talk to me during it (in my defense, he really should know better by now!).  Cora’s reaction was so heartwrenching!

@babybuzz:  Downton is sooooo good.  It’s easy to get pulled in, and it’s not one that has non stop action, so it might be good for maternity leave. 

Speaking of new TV, I need a new series to watch! I work from home and have the TV on most of the day so I can get through series’ quickly! Any suggestions?  Stuff I’ve liked recently: Parenthood, Downton, Dexter, Homeland, Sons of Anarchy.  Always willing to try something new =)

Post # 292
868 posts
Busy bee

@jesstagirl:  my Mother-In-Law is throwing my shower next weekend and I got her a picture frame that says “The best mom’s get promoted to Grandma’s”.  She is a workoholic and spends literally 70-80 hours a week at work, so I figured she’d like to look at the baby when she’s there =)  I love@iRun2004:  ‘s idea of umbrella’s too!

Post # 293
782 posts
Busy bee

@MRSLMA:  as a Stay-At-Home Wife (now I guess stay-at-home mom…yikes!) I hear ya on wanting a new series. This summer I watched White Collar (DELICIOUS eye candy), Psych (good to have on as background noise and there are like 7 or 8 seasons), Switched at Birth (just started watching this a few weeks ago).

@MRSLMA:  love that frame idea! Maybe i’ll look for some online and send that to my SIL, mom, and Mother-In-Law instead!

@iRun2004:  Umbrellas are PERFECT! It rains soooo much out here, too! I should’ve asked you ladies about this earlier so I could go shopping! An umbrella and a bottle of wine and they’ll be happy campers 🙂

Post # 294
868 posts
Busy bee

@jesstagirl:  Mmmmmmm Matt Bomar on White Collar…. delicious =) I think he should play Christian Gray in 50 Shades, have you read it? He would be perfect!

Post # 295
782 posts
Busy bee

@MRSLMA:  YES!!! He’s my number one choice. There seriously can’t be anyone else to play Christian Gray…he’s the only one who will work. I may need to start watching White Collar again from the beginning 🙂

Post # 296
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@iRun2004:  it’s totally understandable to be emotional about the whole c-section thing. but at least you have time to mentally prepare for it and maybe make your peace with it in advance. i am super scared of having to have a spontaneous c-section and not being ready for it. there was something really beautiful i’ve read in nina plank’s book on real food for mother and baby (she wanted a home birth and had to have a c-section), that she came to accept it as the first humbling experience of motherhood to let go and do what’s best for her child (she wrote it much more elaborately than i can here).

Post # 297
1476 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@jesstagirl: Sending prayers!

All of this is becoming more real! The office is finally cleared out to be the nursery. Darling Husband installed a closet system and I washed all of the clothes, blankets, towels. They are now set up and organized. Yesterday I got the crib mattress and today Darling Husband will put together the crib. I’ve also ordered a ton of things for the nursery like the rug, drapes, and lighting. The room was pretty bare before and we never even put up things like drapes, so we are starting from scratch in there! I cant believe that it’s getting so close, time has flown by!

Post # 298
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@iRun2004:  My baby is breach also, my Dr said it has plenty of time to move but I’ll just have to wait and see. In the meantime I want to try swimming and see if that helps.

Post # 299
931 posts
Busy bee

Thanks to all for the baby-turning wishes!

@zen bride:  LOVE that thought. I think that is one I am going to hold on to.  (It’s much more positive than the one I’ve been thinking which is – this is just the first way of many that this kid is going to drive me CRAZY).

Holy swollen feet batman!!! This weather is NOT good for my swelling-self. I can barely jam my feet into my shoes today.

Post # 300
782 posts
Busy bee

I just wanted to update you all that they found my friend’s body this afternoon.Thank you guys for your prayers. I had my 36-week appointment, but I’ll have to tell you about it later; I’m still in shock…this is hitting way too close to home. I’m just devestated for Cassy, his wife.

http://www.aviano.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123334566

The topic ‘March 2013 Mamas — Part IV’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors