(Closed) March 2013 Mamas — Part IV

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 317
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@jesstagirl:  so dialation and effacement have already started? but it doesn’t mean that you’ll go into labor soon, right?i think our due dates are around the same time (i am 35+6 today), that freaks me out even more about not having a place to give birth yet…

Post # 318
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m so uncomfortable today. I slept nearly 12 hours last night and I feel like I could sleep 12 more. We were supposed to go to the theatre this afternoon but we got a half block from our house and I was too uncomfortable sitting up in the car, there was no way I was going to make it three hours in a theatre. Darling Husband brought me home (I sent him on to meet our friends) and I’m sitting on the couch crying about how miserable I feel today. Pity party for one please. 

Post # 319
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@babybuzz:  don’t beat yourself up about it. there’s no way i could sit for three hours in a theatre chair, i can hardly make it through a movie on our couch without squirming and rearranging myself and dozens of pillows… and i think it’s very generous of you to send dh out to have fun whike you are so miserable! maybe a warm bath can help? makes me feel better 99% of the time.

Post # 320
466 posts
Helper bee

@zen bride:  a bath sounds like a really good idea, you’re right. I just feel like Darling Husband didn’t get why I was in such a bad mood today. I’m just so uncomfortable and I’m frustrated it’s so hard to do even simple things like putting on socks. It’s probably in my head, but I felt like he was thinking that I was making a bigger deal out of it than it is. He’s been so good to me this whole pregnancy, I guess we’re both allowed to have a bad day. Thanks for your kind words, I think a bath and a nap will deal the deal. 

Post # 321
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

My sister FINALLY delivered her baby boy- after 27 hours if labor she ended up having a c section. She was induced and the baby was not responding well to the Pitocin- his heart rate was dropping whenever they increased the Pitocin. Mom and baby are both doing well- albeit tired- and he is an absolute DOLL! Lots of hair, 9 lbs 2 oz and 21 3/4 inches long. Thanks for to honking of her ladies!:)

Post # 322
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Yay! Congratulations Auntie @MRSLMA: ! Glad to hear your sister and nephew are doing well!

@babybuzz:  I think we all have days like this. I know it’s happening more and more for me, as well. Sitting through a movie is absolutely impossible. A lot of times, Darling Husband and I are stuck at home at night, and can’t even see a late night movie. It seems like 10:30pm on the dot, my leg cramps start up and I can’t sit still. It’s sooo uncomfortable. I agree with @zen bride: , don’t beat yourself up. Make it a treat yourself day – have a warm bath and be good to yourself.

Post # 323
868 posts
Busy bee

@babybuzz:  Days like this have GOT to be normal- they still suck, but at elast you know you’re not a pregnancy weirdo or something.  I say listen to your body and don’t feel bad about it.  PS, a bath sounds good to me too =) Wish I could just have a glass of wine while IN the tub and it would be even more relaxing!

Post # 324
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I feel like I’ve been extra moody lately. Anyone with me on this? For most of the pregnancy, I’ve been alright. But this past week, anything makes me tear up. It can be the smallest thing as well. I had my car plugged in this week because it’s been flippin cold, but couldn’t unplug it. Cue, tears. I heard a song on the radio about dads. Tears again. Driving to the hospital to visit my grandpa this morning, I let my mind wander about how the next time I’m headed there it could be to deliver my son….tears again. If I’m not teary, I’m pissed off about something. I used to be in more control of my emotions, but now it seems like I’m all over the place lol.

Post # 325
466 posts
Helper bee

Congrats MRSMLMA!!!! Yay!!! Glad to hear your sister and the wee one are doing well! 

@FutureMrsAch:  @MRSLMA:  thank you both for the encouragement. I’ve been so lucky to have had a good pregnancy, little worries, little stress this whole time, I just feel overwhelmed now that I feel moody, tired and crappy. I keep telling Darling Husband that I’d really rather be in a good mood, but I have this person literally sucking the energy and nutrients out of my body and some days are harder than others. I think the low iron levels are definitely not helping right now either. I feel better after having had a bath (and a nap) but still tired and just blegh about the day. Lol. That glass of wine sounds like heaven right now, I agree!!!

@FutureMrsAch:  definitely more emotional the past few days. We watched Les Mis the other night and I was crying (although if you don’t cry about Fantine you may not be human). I was on the brink of tears about something dumb on tv the other day, and then of course today I had my mini meltdown about being uncomfortable. Thank goodness Darling Husband wasn’t around for that. Mascara in your eyes hurts ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 326
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hi bees. I’ve been lurking forever it seems and was supposed to be a March mama but little man had different plans. This morning at 730 as my husband and I were ironically getting ready to leave for our child birth class my water broke. Called my dr. And was sent to labor and delivery at our little local hospital to confirm rupture. Sure enough I started having contractions while there and they couldnt be stopped. So I was transported by ambulance to a hospital with a level 3 NICU after about a half hour of active labor Ezekiel entered the world at 12:01 pm weighing 4 lbs 4 oz and 17 inches long. He is breathing mainly on his own but we can still use prayers. I know I haven’t been on the boards before but any prayers and positive vibes would be wonderful as this is such a helpless feeling

Post # 327
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@MissMarie627:  Absolutely praying for your new little family! Happy birth day, Ezekiel!!!

@zen bride:  What in the world? That is HORRIBLE of them to not respect your wishes! I hope the birthing center can get you in. As far as dialation and effacement, my doctor said that I could stay at 2cm for the next four weeks (I’m due March 1), so it’s really not an indication of labor coming soon; it just means my body’s getting more prepared for it.

@babybuzz:  you’re not the only one who can’t put socks on! My husband had to put my socks and boots on yesterday; I just couldn’t bend over enough to manage it. He’s only been home for 2 weeks, but I feel horrible it’s at the end of this pregnancy, because I’m getting so needy! And yes, I second taking a bath—lately I take one every night and feel SO much better afterwards.

@MRSLMA:  Congrats to your sister!!!! Twenty-seven hours and nine pounds? I’m getting more scared for labor!!

Post # 328
868 posts
Busy bee

@jesstagirl:  I know, right? My mom used to be a labor & delivery nurse and said that my sister had a lot of things that lines up to make it a difficult birth. Baby was facing posterior, she was stuck in bed after getting te epidural (at 2-3 cm… but after 8 or 9 hours of contractions), the baby was responding negatively to Pitocin, etc.  She reminded me that every labor is different and hopefully mine will go more smooth.

Post # 329
466 posts
Helper bee

@MissMarie627:  Welcome to the March boards and welcome to the world Ezekiel! Congratulations to you and your family! Sending lots of happy thoughts your way, sounds like he was really anxious to meet you ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m feeling much better today thank goodness. We did our maternity shoot this morning (yay!), I can hardly wait to get the photos back! Darling Husband managed to find us two really cool raw industrial kind of spaces and my photographer had some great ideas . We had a streamer fight, it was so much fun! LOL!

We’re supposed to go over to a friend’s place for dinner and Superbowl tonight. Hopefully I feel up to making it, but I’m not pushing it. My sister stopped by the house yesterday to pick something up and said I was far too pale and had big circles under my eyes (I did, but I had also just woken up from a nap). She called my mom who then called me and told me if I’m not feeling good to go to the hospital. They’re so cute, but I had to laugh, I was just tired and having a rough day, not exactly hospital worthy, but I promised nonetheless to go if anything felt amiss ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hope you all eat some delicious Superbowl food tonight! I heard there’s a football game during the Beyonce concert tonight ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 330
1476 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@MissMarie627: Sending prayers! And, congratulations on your son!!!

@MRSLMA Congrats to your sister!!

So, yesterday a labor and delivery nurse friend told me that I look 36 weeks… I’m only 32. Then, she told me that I’ll likely have a big baby. Also, throughout this whole pregnancy people have been asking me if I’m having twins. Ugh! Why can’t they just keep their mouths shut!! I just found out on Christmas day that Darling Husband was nearly 10 lbs when he was born. I wanted to do natural, but I’m a little terrified. I’m trying to pump myself up about it. 

Post # 331
868 posts
Busy bee

@MissMarie627:  Congratultions on Ezekiel’s arrival and lots of positive thoughts/prayers =)

The topic ‘March 2013 Mamas — Part IV’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors