(Closed) March 2013 Mamas — Part IV

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 347
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Wow you guys suddenly got chatty!!!

@travellingfool:  Thanks for the roll call! Agreed – once we get everyone in we should start a new thread. Possibly a LAST thread …. EEP. Has anyone else noticed that there is no February Group? That means WE ARE NEXT. 

@jesstagirl:  your rings only came off last week? Mine have been off since mid-December. Darling Husband got me a stand-in for Christmas and even THAT is getting tight now. I am nothing but swollen. It’s awful.

Baby iRun is also still fully breech. My c-section is scheduled, but I’m trying to see what I can do about a positive attitude. It’s not easy.  That said, I’ve been trying accupuncture to get the baby to turn and, even if it doesn’t work, I have more energy then I’ve had in MONTHS. I was a total skeptic before, but now …..

I have almost finished with the nursery at this point. A bookshelf to put together this weekend and I want to buy some of those plastic drawers for the closet, but other than that, we’re washed, assembled and ready to go.  Last big thing to do is buy the car seat and stroller and that’s on tap for this weekend.

Post # 348
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@babybuzz:  “Everyone keeps asking me if I’m looking forward to meeting our little girl, and yes, I am, but honestly, it hasn’t been the first thing on my mind! I really like being pregnant and I’ve been so enjoying it that the idea that on the other side of this I have to take care of a tiny human 24/7 sort of terrifies me! It’s hard to explain, but I almost feel like I’ve been living in this happy little cocoon for 9 months and now the reality of being a parent and having a daughter is really starting to set in…” YES! This is EXACTLY how I feel!! I have a friend who keeps telling me that the baby’s going to come early (don’t even get me started on how much that annoys me), but I hate it even more because I like being pregnant! 

@travellingfool:  I hope those work out for you!!

@iRun2004:  I’m kinda shocked about my swelling as well! Of course, I mentioned it to my doctor and he immediately had me checked for preeclampsia (that was on Thursday and I figure if my results came back suspicious they would’ve called me already). Does your doctor think the baby could still flip? This blog I read just had her baby flip—fantastic story, actually (http://sueaaronbaby.blogspot.it/2013/01/she-flips.html). When is your c-section scheduled for?

My husband and I went to a “Baby Basics” class tonight and they told us about the 5 S’s…have you guys heard of this? We watched a video and it was amazing. The guy is like a baby whisperer. I’m so happy our swaddles are on their way over here now!

Post # 349
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@loveknows:  Sounds lovely!! Looking forward to seeing photos!

@travellingfool:  Awwww (((hugs)))) my anemic belly buddy!!! I hope the transfusion helps and I’m glad to hear it’s not as scary as you were expecting!

@iRun2004:  Boo to baby iRun! TURN CHILD TURN!!!!! That’s so exciting that the nursery is nearly done! I have to get some detergent and start washing clothes soon. I started packing my hospital/everything in one place bag today.

@jesstagirl:  I have had a plethora of people telling me the baby is coming soon because I posted on FB that I had done some purging of the house (haven’t told anyone we’re moving), made a fabulous dinner, and had a nap, so now everyone is saying I’m nesting and she’s going to come soon blah blah blah. It’s making me nuts! I hate cleaning and I’m only doing it because I have no other option! LOL!

What are the five S’s? I’ve never heard of this!

Post # 351
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@jesstagirl:  the 5 S’s are incredible! He is a genious! 

@babybuzz:  do you feel like you might be nesting? I’m sure it’s hard to tell with the move going on too. But I have heard that’s a big sign:)

We went to our birthing class (a one on one session instead of a group setting) and it was incredible! I loved the woman who was teaching it, she got my husband SO involved and asking questions and thinking about the things that HE is going to have to do during labor and after the baby comes. She sent us home with some DVD’s and homework so I’m really excited:) My showers are both this weekend- cant wait! I’ve been stalking our registry and most if our items are bought…. Yay!

Post # 352
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@jesstagirl:  Yes this is from the book The Happiest Baby on the Block.  Great read!  

@MRSLMA:  Exciting about your shower!  I have a work shower tomorrow so I am excited too.  That is my last one.  And then I shall go buy all the rest up myself 🙂

Post # 353
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@jesstagirl:  Oooh neat! Thanks! I’ll have to watch that tomorrow!

@MRSLMA:  Don’t think I’m nesting yet. I don’t feel an instinct/urge to do all this, it’s more that it just has to get done because we’re moving. I’d so much rather put my feet up, trust me!!!! I’m waiting for the urge to do all her laundry and vacuum the whole house. Still not there yet, LOL!

Your birth class sounded awesome!!!

Post # 354
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@iRun2004:  thanks for freaking us all out by pointing out that we are next 🙂 – it is a scary realization!!! well, we can have a march group on the babies boards and share birth stories!

@babybuzz:  i’m also terrified of the idea of being responsible for a tiny human being 24/7. i am wondering whether we should have taken a baby basics class just to be on the safe side, over here, a midwife makes daily home visits for the first couple of days, so i hope we’re going to be fine.

and so jealous of all the showers you guys are having! we don’t do that over here and we do have most of the stuff we need but it sounds like such a fun female bonding event!

Post # 355
1026 posts
Bumble bee

@MRSLMA:  Definitely think I’m/We’re nesting.  Last Sunday, without saying anything to each other about it, Darling Husband and I spent all day working on projects around the house: cleaning, installing car seat, trimming hedges, emptying closets, selling old furniture on Craig’s list etc. Hubby was so cute: He made a list of small projects that he wants done in the next few weeks: install ceiling fan in guest room so when his parents come and visit, they are comfy, changing shower head in guest bath to a handheld so it is easier to bathe baby, getting AC checked, and tuned, converting office to a playroom etc. 

I’m so glad the first infusion is over and now I know what to expect.  I will have two more and since I know it wasn’t so bad, I won’t be nervous.  I basically just sit in a recliner with an IV going into me for 3 hours.  It is mildly uncomfortable (my veins get sore) and I am a little bruised but overall, no biggie. Darling Husband keeps reminding me that it is all for the baby– I need to be healthy so I can take care of him. That helps me. 🙂 I think he’s going to be a good birth coach.

Post # 356
931 posts
Busy bee

@jesstagirl:  Thanks so much for sharing! Gives me hope!!

Had a meeting with our doula last night and remembered exactly why we hired her. She is FANTASTIC. She walked us through all sorts of stuff that we can expect if we have the c-section and gave us lots of suggestions for how we can try to make it more of a birth experience and less of just a surgery. She also talked about placenta encapsulation – which is something everyone should consider ESPECIALLY if you end up with a c-section.

Anyway, at our next appointment, assuming baby hasn’t flipped, she’s going to help us write a c-section birth plan. She will also come with us to the hospital and wait around for it to be over so she can help with the first feeding/bonding time during recovery. Worth every penny.

That said, after 3 sessions of accupuncture, I’m feeling some kicks in different places, which I am taking as a very positive signs. Still lower half kicks, but now I’m getting kicked higher and on the side rather than right in the cervix. Maybe tonight’s appointment will be the final push baby needs ….

Post # 358
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@iRun2004:  turn baby turn!!! FX that baby listens… if not, your c section will be a special birth- I like how you’re looking at both situations as good:)

So I went to the doctor yesterday (33.5 weeks) and the doctor said I was measuring at at least 36! I’m going in for an ultrasound (YAYYYY!) on Tuesday to see if he’s just really big, or I my due date will be earlier than expected. I am so excited to see him- he’ll look like a real little human now!

@DiamondsandLace:  I’m with you- I’m sick of waiting for the baby to come. As soon as he’s healthy/developed I’d love Ito have him out with me!

Post # 359
1026 posts
Bumble bee

I’m just so tired and miserable. I thought it might make me feel better to make a list of things I can’t wait for after I am done being pregnant (other than the obvious holding my beautiful boy part).  Anyone else want to share?

• high heels and cute sassy dresses
  • eating pizza and other tomato products without dying of acid reflux
  • mojitos
  • sleeping on my stomach and/or back
  • hot hot hot baths and hot tubs
  • being able to tie my own shoes
  • The ability to run and jump LOL  Anything other than waddle.  (I really hope no one tries to mug me in the next few weeks, because I seriously wouldn’t get away.)

Post # 361
931 posts
Busy bee

Oh boy! FUN game!!!

• Being able to hand off this load of baby instead of carrying it with me everywhere.
  • A nice glass of bourbon (yeah, I know, I’m weird) and several nice glasses of wine
  • A ham and cheese sandwich where the ham didn’t have to get nuked in the microwave beyond recognition
  • Not worrying about every single thing I eat and whether it is on the “approved list”
  • Pants that button!!!
  • Running – can’t wait to go for a run again. I know I probably could have kept it up at a slower pace, but once MS was over I was so out of running shape that I didn’t want to try

The topic ‘March 2013 Mamas — Part IV’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors