(Closed) March 2013 Mamas — Part IV

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 122
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

@babybuzz:  Same here. My Munchkin has been low the entire time. it really hurts and I know that I walk funny sometimes. it could be a jab and then dragging of a knee or elbow, I thought about that yesterday.

I haev been having dreams about her for about a week and a half now. I am usually changing her diaper. Last night I was breast feeding her for the first time and it went great. She latched on and it felt strange, but didn’t really hurt. The odd thing was that, in the same dream, she jumped to like 9 months old lol. She always looks the same in the dreams.

I have also started to feel a popping in my hips. I guess they are really stretching out now.

Post # 123
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Ugh doctor called just now and my iron levels have gotten even lower so I guess I am back to taking iron supplements.  I have been searching the web and I found these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ECXJ1K/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 which I have ordered and hopefully will work. My tummy is so sensitive.  Today I took a children’s chewable with iron instead of my prenatal (which doesn’t have any iron), which doctor said was ok but it really doesn’t have enough iron in it either. So I will take the children’s vitamin until Saturday when the supplements I ordered arrive.  Sigh.  He said if I can’t handle the supplements he will have to order an iron transfusion. Ew.  No thanks. 

Post # 124
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@travellingfool:  Those look great!

If they don’t work or upset your stomach, look into Floradix! http://www.floradix.net/ It’s not the cheapest thing on the market, but I have a really sensitive stomach too and it hasn’t messed me up at all. I’ve been really surprised about that! My friend is a midwife and she ended up with low iron during her pregnancy and she took Floradix to get it back up (she’s the one who recommended it to me when I told her my hesitations about taking the regular iron supplements). I didn’t get my blood drawn at my appointment this week, my midwife wanted to wait until my next appointment, but I do feel a lot better after having started it a couple weeks ago. I’m still tired, but not the bone weary tired I get when my iron is low. I definitely think it’s helped a lot! I really wish she had taken blood so I could have results to share with you ๐Ÿ™

Post # 126
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@DiamondsandLace:  too funny, it took the tech at least 15 minutes to find my LO’s heartbeat yesterday, too! She’d find it, then it’d be in a completely different place the next time. I thought it was hilarious.

Yesterday was my 32-week appt. and apparently I now have to go in for them to do a non-stress test twice a week until I give birth. Since I had that one elevated hormone earlier, they want to monitor her and make sure everything’s okay. At each visit they’ll check her heartbeat (actually hook me up with the belly bands) for 20 minutes and look for specific things. They did that yesterday and the tech said everything they were looking for looked perfect. Then, once a week they’ll do the heartbeat thing AND an ultrasound checking the amniotic fluid. The numbers they’re looking for have to be between 5 and 25 and her number was 12, so that looked good, too.

I kinda wish they told me about doing this sooner instead of springing it on me yesterday, but oh well. The cool thing is that I’ll catch a glimpse of her once a week and we’ll get to know that everything is going well.Oh! And they’ll do the ultrasound thing the day after my husband gets back, so he’ll get to see her! I’m excited about that ๐Ÿ™‚

Do you guys see just one doctor or do you see a variety each time? There are four rotating docs (three docs & a midwife) and I see someone different each time. I deftinitely know who I don’t like—the guy I had yesterday. He just lacks people skills and bedside manners. I hope one of the other three will be available when the time comes to deliver.

Post # 127
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@jesstagirl:  At my old OB I saw a different doctor each time I went in (they had 15!) but at my new one, I’ve only seen my doctor. I’m actually looking forward to meeting the others soon hopefully- don’t want to meet the day of the delivery! =)

@PrncssDva:  @DiamondsandLace:  I’ve had breastfeeding dreams that went really well too! I really want to be able to BF- my mom’s a lactation consultant and i’ve had the BFing message for a long time.  It’s vain, but I would also love to burn that many calories a day as well =)

So I had my glucose test on Wednesay and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I expected! Haven’t heard back yet, so I’m hoping no news is good news=) 

I have to start interviewing to find my temp next week for when I’m out on maternity leave.  I want to find someone who is really good (in case i decide not to come back) but not so good that they don’t want me back! It’ll be a fine line.  My boss is letting me hire someone as soon as Feb 1 (not due until 3/25) in order to get them up and running. Anyone else training someone to take over their work duties?

Post # 128
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@jesstagirl:  I have midwives, and they’re a team of 3 with 1 student. One of them has gone on maternity leave (the one I didn’t like as much, still nice, but I like the other two better), so that leaves 2 and the student. I’ve mostly just seen one of them and the student which is kind of funny, but I know exactly who will be at the birth which is nice! I think they try to rotate as much as possible so that you don’t get a complete stranger on the day.

Has anyone else had really uncomfortable pelvic pain? Like you’ve worked a muscle WAAAAYYYY too hard and it’s so super sore the next day? Mine is right at the front of my pelvis and it was so awful yesterday! I looked it up last night (why do I do these things?) and apparently there’s a pelvic disorder (SPD) that you can get during pregnancy where it tries to separate a bit too far and that’s what causes the pain. I’m going to see how I’m feeling today and if it’s still really bad I think I’ll call my midwife and see if there’s anything they’d suggest to help ease the pain. I felt better this morning when I got out of bed which makes sense since I was laying down all night, so there’s far less pressure on my pelvis vs sitting, but I’m already feeling it get sore and I’ve only been up a couple hours ๐Ÿ™

Post # 129
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

I got my Maternity Photo Shoot Proofs back today. I can’t wait to share them with you once we pick the ones that we want.

Post # 130
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Is anyone else having sudden panic attacks about how close March is and how unprepared you feel? I’m seriously starting to freak out. I am going back and forth about ditching work for the afternoon and just working on my baby checklist ….

Post # 132
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@iRun2004:  Absolutely! It’s all I can think about. The nursery still needs major work and I’m feeling so unprepared. I need to go out and do some serious shopping to get ready.

I met with the anesthesiologist this morning to discuss pain treatment options. I really don’t think I can do this naturally, so it was good to know what the options are. Our meeting was on the labor and delivery unit at the hospital. As were were waiting to meet him, my husband and I heard a lady in labor just down the hall from us. She was just screaming and groaning away. Hard to believe that time is going to be coming soon. Is anyone else scared/anxious about the whole labor and delivery process? That freaks me out.

Post # 133
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@iRun2004:  I’m not letting myself think about how close it is (8 weeks today) until my husband is back. Right now the ONLY thing I have (besides some clothes) is a bassinet. The car seat is on its way, as is other stuff, but you’d never think there could be a baby here within a month. We’re going to be reallllly busy when he gets home.

@FutureMrsAch:  I meet with an anesthesiologist at 35 weeks, I think. I’m also definitly not opposed to having meds. I honestly think I may be more nervous about what happens after labor…like the recovery. Just thinking about that and how I’ll be able to walk or sit or move after freaks me out.

Post # 135
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@jesstagirl:  ditto.  I worry about the same thing.  The recovery.  Although last night I did have some mild panic about the actual birth.  I just keep thinking, “Everyone I know has done this and made it through and most have voluntarily done it a second time…”

I’ve been noticibly more anxious the past week. I think part of it is that I have been home and had time to think. Now that I am going back to work I think it will be better, actually.  Keep my mind off of it all. But then, of course,, I will have work stress so…. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 136
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I’m glad everyone is right there with me! I wonder if it was something about the new year clicking over that really made me start losing it.

I have spent at least two hours this afternoon on pediatrician search – of course what I really need to be doing is updating my to-do list, but I am afraid that will just freak me out more! I think I am going to wait on that until Darling Husband is around to calm me down.

The topic ‘March 2013 Mamas — Part IV’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors