(Closed) March 2014 – Anyone else booking vendors/buying stuff yet?

posted 6 years ago in March 2014
Post # 3
718 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’ve bought my dress (also a new Maggie!  Just got lucky they had one in the store already), and we have our venue booked.  It has a super affordable winter rate that includes basically everything.  It was completely full for January which we originally wanted and some of Feb. and March already!  We don’t really need to worry about booking anything food/linens wise as it’s all provided and the space is pre-decorated in winter white. They even do the favors!

Now that it’s settled I’m finding I have really nothing to do.  Seems wrong or that I’m missing something major lol.

Post # 4
718 posts
Busy bee

Hey I finally have a date twin!

Post # 6
718 posts
Busy bee

Ours includes the cake too!  Such a great deal.  I think photographer is the next big thing on our list, but I still feel like we have a month or two before we really need to decide.

Post # 7
6256 posts
Bee Keeper

I just booked the venue and the photog! I am excited to have this done. I am one of those people who is stressed out by uncertainty, and making some decisions early on feels really good!

Post # 8
11 posts
Newbee

I’m on the hunt for our reception/ceremony location! We are visiting 2-3 venues a weekend. 

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee

We’ve got a tentative booking on our venue (just saving for the $500 deposit), and I’ve bought all my bridesmaid’s dresses – Maid/Matron of Honor is here already, as hers was the trial, and the other three are in production… and all their shoes have been bought too. The groom and groomsmen’s ties are being made of the same material as the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, so they’ll be sent with them. And I bought my wedding dress a couple of days ago off dressilyme – fingers crossed it turns out well! :). Other than that, I bought 100 LP records to use as placemats, and we sent out save the dates and engagement party invites today :).

Post # 10
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I’ve ordered a dress (Blue by Enzoani Fabius), hired a wedding planner and booked a photographer. As soon as I get a venue figured out, I will be sending out save the dates. So excited!

Post # 11
197 posts
Blushing bee

I ordered my dress and booked venues for both ceremony and reception. A family friend who is a minister offerred to be our officiant and write a secular ceremony with us, which will be very special.

Next on my list is a photographer and I’m intending to meet some while we’re in town next month (planning from across the country). My Fiance was super excited and asked his groomsmen over Christmas. I mailed cards to my potential bridesmaids last week and impatiently waiting to hear back from 2 of them.

That’s about it for now. I’d like to start collecting things for some DIY projects, but it’s a bit difficult not living in the city we’re getting married in.

Post # 12
307 posts
Helper bee

We have our venue, photographer and celebrant lined up. The venue has lots included so I just have to sort out flowers and cake really, so I feel like I don’t have a lot to do! Also planning from a long way away so that doesn’t help!

Starting to think about dresses now. I asked my bridesmaids 2 weeks ago and got a very enthusiastic yes! Fiance hasn’t done a thing lol.

Post # 13
374 posts
Helper bee

I have my reception venue and photographer booked, have to go view the possible ceremony venue!

Post # 14
356 posts
Helper bee

I have my venue (both ceremony and reception), photographer and officiant booked. Pretty much have a DJ booked because he is a friend of a friend. And I’m going in a few weeks to look at wedding dresses!! So exciting 🙂

Post # 15
524 posts
Busy bee

I have the ceremony/reception/officiant all lined up, but it’s easy because we’re getting married at our church and having the reception in our church hall.  🙂  Also just booked our photographer and paid the deposit today.  We also know the caterer we want and we aren’t worried about them being booked (we’re doing a brunch wedding) so I’ll contact them after I have a little more cash saved up for the deposit.  🙂

Post # 16
190 posts
Blushing bee

@KCanderson:  Yep we are booked, and have almost all the balance paid off lol! We are ready! I can’t stop thinking of this wedding like every damn day!! Congrats! I also picked my gown..will be wearing Maggie Sottero Divina!!

The topic ‘March 2014 – Anyone else booking vendors/buying stuff yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors