(Closed) March 2014 Babies and Mamas Part 3!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Difficult but frequently asked question: Genetic screening - yes or no?

Yes, because we would terminate if we found an anomaly incompatible with life. :(

Yes. Would not terminate, but we want to prepare / would intervene (surgery at/pre-birth) if needed.

No. If something goes wrong, we'll take it as it comes.

• Post # 227
    656 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @onyx81:  Yes, and omg thank you for making me feel better about MY fatigue. I feel like I am in a fog all day at work and even when I try a cup of tea I lose interest about halfway through – what happened to this coffee addict? I am just NOT interested unless it’s a chai and that’s sort of fake tea anyway, but delicious πŸ™‚

Without further ado, my mini reviews:

10 min solution Prenatal Pilates (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RIWARG/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1): I like the abs part of this, you do it on your back but use 2 pillows to keep you from being flat, which worked well for me and will prob work well for when I have a real bump. It’s a pretty good workout, but for the other segments, got kind of annoyed because you kinda need weights and I do weights at the gym, not at home.

Two faves:

Prenatal Vinyasa (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032ZOXYO/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) This dvd is the “complete” one because it includes an extra dvd with 15, 30, and 45 min workouts, which I love (30 min is my go to with being more tired). I was doing CorePower yoga, a heated vinyasa/flow yoga almost daily before my BFP and I really missed it right away. Now that I’ve done this several times, I’m getting the hang of the instructor’s rhythm and really like it. But I like that it’s the mommy-fied version of my old classes.

Prenatal Long & Lean (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TC8PNM/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) at first I wasn’t sure about this dvd after reading the back, so didn’t open it and try it right away, but now I’ve done it a couple times and LOVE it. It’s almost a weights class with body weight (vs the one above that frustrated me with her use of weights when I don’t have any), with some yoga moves (sort of a warrior 2 lunge) built in. I feel my shoulders burn during this and as my fatigue diminishes somewhat I’m hoping to add this in as a weight routine with 1-2 days of weights I currently aim for, alternated with 30 min of cardio on off days. Currently, that’s a pipe dream, but I’m hoping to jump start things this weekend with lots of sleep.

In other news, I am a little worried (FTM worries) becuase I couldn’t remember if I had taken my prenatal gummy vitamin today (was pretty sure I hadn’t) so took the dose and now am second guessing myself and worrying about ODing my little nugget or something. It doesn’t have iron (doc said that’s fine for now) so at least I don’t have to worry about that, but still. I stopped at Walgreens ont he way to work and picked up a daily pill dispenser to avoid any recurrences. Anyone else do this?

Post # 228
    571 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I had my first pre-natal appt yesterday at 8W4d.  Everything is looking good and progressing normally, which was such a relief!  We also got to hear the Heartbeat, which was 171bpm.  

We recieved some somogram images, but to be honest, I have no idea what in the world I am looking at!  My husband commented that it looks like a turtle– and now that is all I can see!  (I’ll call that a good sign I’m growing a future UMD Terp, just like their parents!)

Post # 229
    656 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @MsTerrapin: Congrats on your first appt! You are lucky the U/S is so clear though, all we saw was a kind of fuzzy blob in our photo after the doc had shown us the yolk sac and corpus luteum (checks in the box for a healthy sustained pregnancy, so cool of him to show us all that!) I agree it does look a little like a future terp πŸ™‚

Post # 231
    571 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  Thanks so much!  Sorry yours was fuzzy, but glad everything is looking healthy for you!  

When we left the appointment, my husband was like, I don’t really feel like we learned anything at that appointment, and I was like “We learned that everything looks good– trust me, there are a lot worse things to hear after an U/S than “everything looks great!”.  Also, learned we’re not having multiples, which he was terrified about!  I think he asked the U/S tech “So, it’s just the one baby, right?” at least twice.

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  It’s awesome that your midwife is so positive and not weight-nagging!  My practice is an OB/GYN and midwife practice in the same center, but apparently the midwife is SO popular I am going to have to work hard to try and get it with her.  Fingers crossed!

Post # 232
    1853 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

baby is gone.

I’m off the list.

I just can’t type more now

Post # 233
    656 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @MissFireFlower:  I am so sorry, but please know that we are all thinking of you and your angel baby and are here for you!

Post # 235
    4334 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @MissFireFlower:  SO sorry to hear that! Big hugs for you!

Post # 236
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @Jaynee: Bummer! DH & I haven’t decided on our genetic screening yet but the pregnancy nurse did tell me that if we wanted the NT scan there would be a co-pay for it too. I’m having an u/s at my apt on 8/29 so I’m not sure I’ll opt for an additional u/s during that time period. DH & I are both healthy, & there are lots of healthy little ones on my side of the family (5 under 5 y/o). Super disappointing about how much it would cost to get one if you wanted to!

View original reply
    @hippomama:  I know not to put any weight on the signs/symptoms of boy vs girl but it’s been super funny to google & read all of the theories out there. I did the Chinese calendar, that came back boy. I also read if your hair and skin stay nice its a boy & if you have dull hair & break outs that it means girl since the baby is “taking away all of your beauty.” I read about adding your urine to draino & depending on which color it turns it means boy or girl… There are just so many out there. I’m so excited to be having a baby, we can’t wait to find out if its a boy or girl so we can start calling it him or her. 

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Bra’s are wicked expensive, especially my favorite victorias secret ones, which I’m sadly going to have to retire soon. I’m thinking I’ll be building up my supply of sports bras for the time being since they’ll be more forgiving with my chest as it grows. I’m glad to hear your apt with your midwife went so well & that she’s not going to be weight focused during your pregnancy. We have so many things to worry about when pregnant the last thing we need is to constantly monitor the scale too. Super exciting that you get an u/s next week too!

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  Thanks for the reviews! I’m taking prenatal yoga on Wednesday nights & pilates on Mondays & Fridays. My pilates class is just me, my friend & the instructor so she’s able to teach the class according to my abilities & make sure I’m not hurting myself or baby. I forget about my vitamins ALL of the time. I think even if you took a double dose your body would just pee out the unused/extra vitamins (the bright pee). I’ve actually been having a really hard time taking all my pills without getting sick (I take 3 prenatals, 4 magnesium & 2 DHA). My doctor said if my prenatals are making me sick just to skip them for now. So far I’m back up to about half of the pills I should be taking. The pregnancy nurse suggested I pick up just a folic acid pill to take while I’m having trouble taking my prenatals because it’s “super important” to take during the first trimester. 

View original reply
    @MsTerrapin:  Great u/s picture! How exciting to see the babe & hear the heartbeat, so wonderful!

View original reply
    @laa320:  You are so lucky that your headaches are gone!!! I’m hoping that I’ll turn a corner in the 2nd trimester & that mine will stop too. My last headache lasted for 26 hours, it makes for a very long day & night! 

View original reply
    @MissFireFlower:  ((hugs)) so sorry for your loss! 

Post # 237
    273 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
    @MissFireFlower:  I am so sorry for your loss *hugs*. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Post # 238
    175 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

11w 6d

Went for my NT scan earlier this week. Everything is within normal limits! Baby is starting to look like a real baby! It’s amazing. Heart rate was 162. My next appt in 4 weeks will just be an OB appointment and then 4 weeks after that will be the gender scan. Holy Moly! We will be taking a picture today and putting our announcement on Facebook tomorrow. Can’t wait for everyone to know. 

Without further ado….our little bub!

Post # 239
    273 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @NoMoreStew:  Glad to hear your appointment went well!! Adorable little babe!

Post # 240
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @NoMoreStew:  So exciting!  And thank you for posting that u/s photo.  I’m 11w6d today so it’s really cool to see what my little babe is looking like!

Post # 241
    273 posts
    Helper bee

I took the plunge today and bought a couple maternity things! I found that I really really liked the fit of old navy’s maternity jeans. I bought a flare cut and a skinny jean. Also found a sweater and a pair of jeans at goodwill. Gap had a 50% off all sale items Friday and so I buoght a couple tops that could be used for work under my scrubs. Pretty exciting. Also–last week I was able to find some newborn g-diapers, a couple pre-folds, and some one size diaper covers off of ebay and craigslist. Exciting stashes =)

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies and Mamas Part 3!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors