(Closed) March 2014 Babies and Mamas Part 3!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Difficult but frequently asked question: Genetic screening - yes or no?
    Yes, because we would terminate if we found an anomaly incompatible with life. :( : (26 votes)
    50 %
    Yes. Would not terminate, but we want to prepare / would intervene (surgery at/pre-birth) if needed. : (16 votes)
    31 %
    No. If something goes wrong, we'll take it as it comes. : (10 votes)
    19 %
  • Post # 347
    175 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@runsyellowlites:  Wow, reading that I didn’t realize how bad it could be! I had the few gushes of bright red blood and then wine colored and then just brown spotting. Within 24 hours it was completely gone. I am hoping to not see another spot! I guess I am on what could be considered pelvic rest: no exercising, sex, or lifting over 25lbs.

Thank you everyone for your kind responses! I feel like pregnancy is just petrifying all the time! How do you just sit back and enjoy it?

Post # 348
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@runsyellowlites:  This is such a beautiful tribute to your angel baby. Thank you for sharing it with us & I am so sorry for your loss. 

@NoMoreStew:  Holy cow! What a scary thing for you to have to experience. I am so glad to hear that all is well. How come its not until we are pregnant that we start to learn & experience just how terrifying this can all be? 

Post # 349
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

@runsyellowlites:  That is a beautiful announcement. All the best to you and your family right now. 

@NoMoreStew:  I’m glad everything is ok and sorry you went through something so scary! Take it easy and be good to yourself. There’s a reason they call pregnancy a “delicate condition.” I think we modern women expect to be superwomen and just keep on keepin’ on even while pregnant, but be gentle to yourself and don’t feel bad for a minute!

I am feeling super sized today ladies… can’t wait for the 2nd tri energy to kick in. I just went to Target and bought 2 new bras–34C when I’m normally a 34A. So weird! But it’s an amazing sense of relief to wear bras that actually FIT. Ahhh. 

Post # 351
    11746 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@bananasareyellow:  glad I’m no the only one with no drive. Poor Darling Husband has been such a champ the past few months. Hopefully it returns soon when I start feeling better! I owe him big time! 

Post # 353
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

@bananasareyellow:  Glad to hear you’re feeling good and things are returning to normal in the bedroom department, haha. Definitely looking forward to that myself!

11w today!

Post # 354
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@bananasareyellow:  Totally lost the libido!  It definitely went away when the nausea and fatigue started at 6 weeks.  Hoping it’s on it’s way back. 

We told extended family this weekend, so we will slowly be completely out in the open!  It’s exciting, but honestly, it makes me really nervous.  I don’t know if I feel like it’s going to jinx it (which I really don’t believe in), or just that if something does happen, everyone will know.  I’m 13 weeks so I realize that the chances of something happening at this point are slim, but I’m still irrationally nervous.  

Post # 355
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@Jaynee:  Have you had any luck finding the HB with your doppler since its been a few more days? yay for 13 weeks, its going so quick already. Im sure being nervous is totally a part of it all…

Post # 356
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@MeeShell:  I decided to put the Doppler away for at least a week so I haven’t tried again yet. I’m afraid that if I continue to not be able to find it, it will just start to worry me and I want to avoid that. 

Post # 357
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@Jaynee:  Good idea, thats definately fair enough!! For the last 2 days I havent been able to find mine and have had very minimal symptoms so started worrying then this arvo I thought id try again and found it straight away. Might have to take a break till the second trimester too so I dont worry so much! 

Post # 358
    656 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@Jaynee:  I hear you on being nervous about telling people. Last wed after our great dr appointment at 11 weeks we decided to tell siblings (parents knew). Well, one of my sisters (I am the oldest) apparently didn’t understand what “we have only told parents and now are telling siblings” meant and after I told her had been having drinks with a friend and was celebrating and called our 85 year old grandmother to wish her happy birthday and told her my news. Well of course grandma didn’t say anything to anyone, she knew it was sort of inappropriate. But the kicker is that my sister then felt it was ok to call one of our aunts (one who can be chatty) AND my godmother/mom’s best friend I am very close to and tell them. And she only admitted to those two via text from me, not even on the phone. I’m still so mad at her I haven’t talked to her since she told me Thursday, though she has called me on completely unrelated things as if nothing was wrong. My grandma and godmother were two people it meant a lot to me to tell in person.

As Darling Husband said there’s nothing I can do and yes my sister was so excited which is sweet, but it was just so incredibly inconsiderate of her. So I let my mom tell my other grandma who I know will enjoy telling aunts and uncles. But it still scares me every time someone emails me to congratulate us, like, omg is this going to jinx it?? LOL, sorry for the mini rant!

But, I do have an update on my NT scan!! It was this morning and it definitely took longer than I anticipated. Turns out I have a tilted uterus or whatever the more technical term is and so the tech, who was so patient and apologetic for having to press down, had a harder time seeing to get the correct measurement. But it was 1.2mm!! SO happy. And she said baby is measuring 12w5d, while I am 12w pregnant tomorrow. Interested to hear what my dr says about that. She gave an estimated due date of March 5 vs March 11 that he calculated based on LMP, and FF says I o’d on June 19, similar to dr estimates. I got a cd of pics to share with Darling Husband tonight ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 359
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

@hoogirl05:  I’m sorry that your sister shared your news, what a bummer. I’d be pissed!!! In my family we are super cautious about not sharing eachothers “big news” so much so that none of my aunts/uncles knew that my brother & his wife were expecting until she was 22 weeks pregnant. We all (mom, sister, brother)  knew right around 10/12 weeks when they shared the u/s pic with us but none of us felt it was our business to share with extended family, so we just kept it to ourselves. Then on their 2 year anniversary my SIL put up a wedding pic & an u/s pic on FB and said something about their anniversary & how excited they are to be expecting their first baby. So that’s how our extended family found out. Ha! I was talking to my SIL about it the other day and she said “I’m not really close with your aunts & uncles so I just assumed that once you guys knew that you could share the news with the rest of the family.” 

We are telling DH’s parents & sister Friday at dinner. We bought them each a gift off of etsy. This is what we got. It’s pretty cute, we got one that says “grandparents” and the other says “aunt.” We’ll have them open at the same time at dinner on Friday. We already have a few close friends/family that know about the baby but once his parents know it’ll only be 4 days until my 2nd trimester. Game on! Woot woot, I won’t be so worried about saying, “we are pregnant but haven’t told the inlaws yet.” 

@bananasareyellow:  I’ve had a pretty dead libido since my BFP but I’ve been trying really hard to DTD at least once a week. And believe me, it’s work & mostly doesn’t feel awesome but I initiate (even harder) so I’m never turning down Darling Husband (because he doesn’t ask for it). I didn’t have an amazing libido to begin with but now I never want it.

@hippomama:  Hooray for the growing boobies!!! I usually measure 34C at victorias secret (but wear a 36Dear Daughter because my boobs fit better in that size) & they measured me as a 36Dear Daughter when I was there last week – I think they measure small because I can’t wear the 36 band anymore, my bra keeps popping open and my right boob is spilling out. So I tried a 38D which was more comfortable in the band but the cup was just a smidge too small. I think this just means that I’m inbetween sizes right now & it’s probably not a good time to spend $50+ on a bra ๐Ÿ™‚ I did try on a bra without an underwire & it was REALLY comfortable! 

Today I’m 10w6d & I’ve had horrible indegestion, heartburn, slow bowels & bloat the past few days. Thursday night I actually went to sleep on the couch sitting up because I was having so much pain across the top of my belly, right under my boobs/top of my ribs, it was crazy annoying! Oh and I learned this weekend that baby does not like pepperoni pizza. i had it for lunch Saturday & felt awful afterwards (but thought it might have been the buffalo fries I ate as well) then I ate my left overs on Sunday & threw it all up. Boo! Did I mention the headache I had all weekend too? It was a weird weekend, I’m looking forward to hopefully a headache free week with minimal belly problems. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 360
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

@ThePrincessBride10612:  I found some super comfy and supportive bras at Target for like $15-20 each. Well worth the money! It is such a relief to have complete support/coverage–I can’t believe it took me this long to buy them! Hope you feel better soon. 

Post # 361
    11746 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@hoogirl05:  Ugh I’m sorry your sister spread your news – so inconsiderate! My mother did the same thing.  Less than 24 hours after we told her the news and let her know we were not sharing with anyone at least until the results of our NT scan came back, she posted something on facebook!  Luckily, Darling Husband saw it right after she put it up, so I yelled at her to take it down. Some how she got mad at me for that?  I really didn’t care though.  I will be the first person to share MY news on facebook!  If we decide not to announce it via facebook, then I will let her know asap so she can do her thang.  It was just so rude and inconsiderate. I was angry!  I don’t care as much about her spreading the news via word of mouth, I can’t control that and I likely won’t ever find out about it.  Plus, less work for me.  But, some of my friends (and DH’s family we haven’t told yet) are friends with her on facebook and I don’t need her telling them for us!  Sorry for the vent, but I feel your pain!

Good news on the NT scan!  Baby also measured 12w5d at my NT scan, despite me  being 11w6d.  They didn’t change the due date though. My doctor said at the first visit that once the due date is assigned at the dating u/s, they don’t change it.  So, March 5th it is!

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies and Mamas Part 3!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors