(Closed) March 2014 Babies and Mamas Part 3!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Difficult but frequently asked question: Genetic screening - yes or no?

Yes, because we would terminate if we found an anomaly incompatible with life. :(

Yes. Would not terminate, but we want to prepare / would intervene (surgery at/pre-birth) if needed.

No. If something goes wrong, we'll take it as it comes.

• Post # 392
    76 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

It’s been forever, but I couldnt update because I was so exhausted.  I am a lucky one that has no nausea or aversions (yet) but, I am extremely exhuasted!  I am currently 9w5d.  My last appointment was on the 15th, and I am still in awe with what we saw!  Cute little bean! We didn’t get to hear the heart beat because the tech went straight for the transvaginal.

My next appointment is tomorrow afternoon (8/29), where I should be hearing the heartbeat.  I cannot wait!

It still doesnt feel real to me, any others?

Post # 393
    4334 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  thanks for that explanation of the trimesters! 

and no, I haven’t told my boss yet.  I’m actually getting a new boss in about a week, and there is already a sticky situation where I was hired bc the person doing my job couldn’t get along with the boss, (but he still works there) so now I’m worried about all sorts of possible (but highly unlikely) scenarios where he could try to get his full job back since we are getting a new boss, and I’m worried he could find a way to use my pregnancy against me! So I haven’t told ANYONE at my job yet. I want the new boss to decide he likes ME before finding out I’m pregnant. (No discussion please on the legality of that situation, it’s much more complicated than i can type.)

Post # 394
    693 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

11w2d… We had our 11-week appointment today, and we got to hear the heartbeat! So awesome.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Other than that, the appointment was pretty anti-climactic and if anything, a little frustrating. I mean, the fact that the heart is beating strongly and we’re on track was fantastic news, obviously. But we waited FOREVER for the doctor, and the appointment was over in a flash. He tried to rush us out without even asking if we had any questions, but I stopped him and asked the questions I had anyway. It was just annoying that he really showed no interest in ME as a patient, you know what I mean? And, he’s been my gynecologist for years and years before he became my OB, yet when he walked in he shook my hand and said it was nice to meet me. Not the best start. And the kicker, which really grated on my husband’s nerves, was that when the doctor was running through my list of meds, he said about my anxiety medication, “So, with the Lexapro, you’re probably fine to continue taking it but, you know, there have been studies on it and we might have to taper you off at the end of the third trimester because the baby could go into withdrawal after birth.” I mean, I certainly don’t want that for my kid. BUT, if that is the case, why didn’t he or my PCP didn’t tell me that when I asked about the Lexapro before getting pregnant? Or why didn’t the NP tell me that at my 7 week appointment when we followed up on that, just to be sure? Every time we asked, we were told that Lexapro has been shown to be relatively safe and that I can take it my entire pregnancy. I mean, if I have to come off, I have to come off it. But the conflicting information was incredibly frustrating. And it does worry me a little bit to come off it when, as a person with a chemical imbalance in my brain (hence the anxiety), I’m already at an increased risk for PPD. I don’t want my baby to go through withdrawal, but I also want to make sure I’m mentally and emotionally present for the beginning stages of my baby’s life, and every day thereafter! It’s just a little tough. But thankfully I still have nearly six months to do my own research into it and ask more questions. We’re seeing another doctor in the practice for our next appointment, so I’m absolutely going to ask his opinion when we see him. And if I have to, I’ll keep following up about it at every appointment thereafter.

When we walked out and my husband voiced his displeasure with the doctor, I told him it’s not too late to switch. But I think we’re going to stick it out for at least the next appointment and see how the other doctor is as an OB (I’ve seen this other guy as a GYN bfeore as well). The NP we saw when we went to confirm the pregnancy and then again when we went for our dating u/s was fantastic. I wonder if we could see her for the entire pregnancy?

Post # 395
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @LoveMikey:  What a frustrating apt! First of all, hooray that baby is healthy & everything is on track…but the rest of it, annoying! I can totally relate, my first apt was with my OB, who I have been seeing as a GYN for 5 years! I saw her on 5/29 for a pap/pre-ttc appt & then was back on 8/12, for my first prenatal appt. My appt was at 9:45 & I didn’t get called back for weight/BP etc until 10:25, then I was taken to an exam room. The medical assistant took my info that I’ve already given (LMP, on any medications etc) put it all in the computer & left to get the doc. When the doc came in she asked me my LMP & was ready to do a pap. She had my LMP in the computer as 5/15. I said, when I saw you for my pap on 5/29 that was my LMP, but then I had another one on 6/11. “Oh okay, then i guess we won’t need to do a pap…” When all was said and done I was dressed and out of her office by 10:40 so I could walk downstairs for my next appt with the pregnancy support nurse. She didn’t ask if I have any questions, said I’d see her in about 8 weeks but in between then would see the NP. She won’t be delivering my baby, as long as everything goes well I’ll be delivered by a midwife in their L&D department. I do have the option of seeing a midwife now but it still wouldn’t be the one who delivers my baby so I don’t know that it would matter. We have an appt tomorrow at 9am with the NP to review my labs and to a check up, I hope we have a better experience =) 

View original reply
    @crysxo:  I still have my moments when I’m like, “is this real? I don’t feel pregnant today. I just feel like I ate too much” But then I roll over on my tummy and my big achy boobs scream and shout, “get off of me.” My nausea was bad during weeks 7-8 and has tapered down. I’m 11w2d and feel mostly good other then being tired. I’m really looking forward to my 2nd trimester & hopefully getting my energy back.

Post # 396
    1609 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  I love Ebay for maternity clothes!  I bought a pair of Citizens and Paige maternity jeans both for $30.  That is a heck of a lot better than paying $150 or more!  There are definitely some great deals to be found!

Post # 397
    656 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  Nope, my understanding is that in my case my six weeks (fx no csection) start 15 days after the “event” so I would use 15 days of leave + STD + whatever else to get me to about 10 weeks.

View original reply
    @onyx81:  Nice! I have to say, after trying on the Motherhood petite straight leg jeans in the store for THIRTY dollars regular price, I may only buy jeans there from now on. They are so flattering! Plus I’m SO hitting up the stores for labor day sales ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 398
    11736 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  nice! I was actually just looking at our STD policy and we don’t have to use leave first either.  It didn’t specify what % of pay we get, though. 

Post # 399
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

11w2d – I had an appointment today with the nurse practitioner to go over my labs & take a peek at the babe. She said my blood work came back great, I’m as healthy as I can possibly be with no current worries about anemia. Thank goodness because I couldn’t imagine adding an iron supplment to my already slow digestive system! We still only have 1 baby (phew!) and accourding to the NP we have a very photogenic baby who posed great for pictures. Baby’s head is right up against my uterus, and its legs are crossed. Lets hope the uncross by week 20. We could see the eyes, upper/lower jaw, teeth buds, hands, heart, legs, it was super cool! Somewhere between 8w6d and 11w2days my baby stopped looking like a jellybean and now resembles an alien. So cute! We have our NT scan on 9/4 and find out if its a boy or girl 10/22. So exciting!

Post # 400
    656 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @ThePrincessBride10612:  Haha, yay for our little aliens! So glad everything’s looking good!

Post # 401
    693 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    @ThePrincessBride10612:  Haha wow, it really does look like an alien! lol… But the cutest alien that I ever did see!  ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Was the overall atmosphere better at this appointment? 

Post # 404
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @LoveMikey:  Todays appointment was excellent! I got called back almost 10 minutes before my scheduled apt, they had to take my Bridal Party 6 times before they were able to get it (the automatic machine couldn’t pick it up so she had to get it the old fashion way). It was 102/70 which is normal for me. We were back in the exam room before 9 (my apt time) and the nurse practioner was there within 5 minutes. She spent 40 minutes with us. We went over my labs, how I’ve been feeling, she listened to my heart, lungs, did a breast exam, swabbed my cha-cha for something and then spent almost 15 minutes doing the ultrasound showing us our little alien. She was so nice, she pointed out all the features we could see & scheduled my 20 week u/s at the clinic closer to my house. Random tip she gave me about my prenatals was if they are making me sick then to put them in the freezer & take them frozen that way they won’t start dissolving until they get to my intestine instead of in my stomache. I’m going to have to give it a shot. She also said my headaches are probably related to my estrogen levels being crazy & that “typically” women only suffer from headaches through 1 trimester so they “should” be behind me in about 4 days, woot! Today was 100% better then earlier this month.

View original reply
    @hoogirl05:  
    View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Thanks! It was super exciting to see how much baby has grown & changed since our 

Post # 405
    11736 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  congrats on the boss and the public announcement! We will probably go public in another week or so. We will see. 

Post # 406
    1493 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Wooo for making it official! Haha. I bet it is fantastic to not have to keep it a secret anymore.

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies and Mamas Part 3!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors