(Closed) March 2014 Babies and Mamas Part 3!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Difficult but frequently asked question: Genetic screening - yes or no?
    Yes, because we would terminate if we found an anomaly incompatible with life. :( : (26 votes)
    50 %
    Yes. Would not terminate, but we want to prepare / would intervene (surgery at/pre-birth) if needed. : (16 votes)
    31 %
    No. If something goes wrong, we'll take it as it comes. : (10 votes)
    19 %
  • Post # 437
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@laa320:  I’m so conflicted because I have a different feeling then I have a want. I’m feeling like it’s a girl but I want a boy. I’ve been telling Darling Husband for the past couple of years, “I want two boys.” Boys are so sweet, they’ll love their mama’s forever & let me buy their clothes even when they go off to college.” But girls are born with opinions & I was such a terror to my mom I just know i’ll have a hellion of a daughter. When I was a nanny for 4ish years all of my babes were boys & I just love them all dearly…but I also have this sweet & sassy 5 y/o niece that I love to pieces so I know that either way I’ll be lucky to have a LO of my own to smother with my love.

@MeeShell:  I too can’t wait to find out if our “feelings” turn out to be right or not. =)

@hippomama:  I know our family is truly excited but I’m just used to my laid back mom who follows our lead on things & goes with the flow. DH’s parents are always trying to control the situation. (Lots of history there…) but we are growing and learning & I think it’ll be harder for the IL’s because we’ll be the ones calling the shots.

Also, glad to hear your NT scan went well. I’m apparently not current on day’s of the week & looked at the calendar last night, my NT scan is today also! Woot! After today I don’t think we have another u/s until October 22.

Post # 438
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@hippomama:  good news!  We won’t have an u/s until our anatomy scan either but I’m dying to see him/her again!  We’re debating on doing an elective u/s at 16 weeks.  It will depend when our anatomy scan is scheduled.  Our next appointment is the 16th and we’ll get the referral then to schedule the anatomy scan.  If it’s 4+weeks away, I’m totally doing the elective the next day! haha

Post # 440
    4335 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

@bananasareyellow:  me too on the professional bra fitting! and I HATE bra shopping! ugh… I might go tomorrow. 

14w5d and had my 2nd appointment today! It went GREAT- a world of difference from my last one! (Since no one probably remembers,) at my first appointment last month, I did NOT like the doctor (I had only gone with her b/c the doctor that was recommended to me wasn’t available for a month.) So I switched to the doctor I saw today, (the one orginally recommended) and she was WONDERFUL! Super sweet, efficient, just like a doctor should be, but not giving you the feeling she’s in too much of a hurry to listen to you! I’m so happy! AND… she mentioned that the other doctor wasn’t at the practice anymore! 😮 I was dying to ask why she left, ha! (whether she was kicked out or not!)

Scheduled our anatomy scan for Oct. 7 and next appointment for Oct. 4!

Post # 441
    656 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@ThePrincessBride10612:  Yeah, this would be a cruiser, thanks for that, it makes me feel better about possibly renting a bike if we want (we may not want to spring for the $ depending on what other fun things we do, like rent a boat). I keep forgetting to call my doc to check and make sure it’s ok.

Post # 442
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

@bananasareyellow:  Definitely go get a pro fitting! Or at least go try on a variety of sizes–I was shocked when I went to Target and the Bs were unquestionably too small and the Cs felt like heaven–and that was at only 10 weeks! I made the mistake of buying a pricey bra at 8w, then I realized I’ll probably continue inflating over the course of the next six months, so from now on I’m sticking with the $15 cheapies! 

@red_rose:  So glad to hear today’s appointment went better! Having the right doctor makes a world of difference. 

Post # 444
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

Okay, here’s my NT scan. The tech we had this afternoon was hilarious & we really enjoyed her. I asked about Nub Theory and she said she’s really good at it but they aren’t allowed to do it anymore because patients were being difficult & complaining. But she did get a good picture for me, so now we have to decide on our own what we believe the angle of the dangle to mean, or just come up with fun guesses and we’ll know for sure 10/22. 

After our scan we got to meet with the genetic counselor, baby measured 1.4mm, so in the “normal range” as they call it. Based on todays scan and last weeks blood work my down syndrome risk assessment was negative, baby has a 1 in 7,900 chance of having DS. Trisonomy 18 was negative, baby has a less than 1 in 100,000 risk. I’ll have one more blood draw between 15w & 20w to complete the Sequential Integrated Screening risk assessment, but everything looks great so far!

So mama’s boy or girl?

Post # 445
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Has anyone found a good alternative to deli sandwiches?  I have been having an intense craving for a turkey sandwich from my favorite deli and I can’t seem to think of anything that will satisfy it. I was going to give in over the weekend and drive all the way there only to find out they had closed early. I took it as a sign that I really shouldn’t be eating the forbidden deli meat. Lol

Post # 446
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@ThePrincessBride10612:  Oh your dangle is tricky. I’m 50/50 on it, but leaning boy though – it looks like it’s on the rise!  Do you know what gestational age was based on crown-rump length?

If you’re curious, post on in-gender or the ultrasound board at baby center and hope a tech takes a guess for you!

@Jaynee:  If I were you, I’d just go for the sandwhich if you trust the place.  I’ve had turkey on more than one occassion.  I would say the deli counter at the grocery store is a pretty safe bet for getting some deli meat if you’re craving it.

Post # 447
    33 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@Jaynee:  Did you see this article? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323514404578652091268307904.html

It made me feel better about all things deli… well except turkey, but maybe you could settle for ham?  Or, really, if it’s a place you trust, I’m sure it’s fine.

Heading to the doctor to get a lovely little infection checked out. Hoping I get to hear the heartbeat.  Then N-T scan tomorrow, eek!

Post # 448
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

@cafrinB:  Hope everything goes ok at the doc! Feel better! 

My husband told me today that my work dress makes me “look pregnant.” LOL! This dress made me look pregnant before I was actually pregnant though… it’s just really unflattering (but it was only $15!) Still, Darling Husband might need to reread a “what not to say to your pregnant wife” list before he gets himself in trouble! 

Post # 449
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@cafrinB:  Thanks for sharing that article, I found it really interesting.  I definitely think that the no-no’s during pregnancy are overboard, but listeria is the one that I really don’t want to mess with.  That being said, I’m sure I will have a sandwich at some point in the next 6 months!

Post # 450
    310 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@hippomama:  hahah, I asked my Darling Husband if he could notice any changes on me body wise yet (I’m still in the same clothes I was pre-preg and am not up much weight, if any) and his response was “maybe you got a little chubbier in your tummy, but otherwise no.”  I was like “ouch.” But I guess I asked!!

Post # 451
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

@MrsAMac:  Haha, yeah that’s not so bad! I’m definitely worried I’m going to be obviously pregnant soon. Right now I just look chubby but it seems inevitable… 

I’m frustrated because I’ve gained 8 lbs so far, and I guess the recommended amount is more like 3-4? I admit I’ve been eating pretty poorly and not doing as good a job exercising as I was around weeks 8-9. I went to the gym this morning and I felt very nauseated and had some abdominal cramps afterward. And all I did was the elliptical and the bike, verrrrrrry slowly. Does anyone else miss the days when being pregnant was considered a “delicate” condition? 

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies and Mamas Part 3!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors