(Closed) March 2014 Babies and Mommas!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Is this your first baby?
    Babe #1. We have no clue what we're in for! : (34 votes)
    87 %
    Babe #2. Back for more punishment! : (3 votes)
    8 %
    Babe #3 or later. Expert level. : (2 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 423
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@bananasareyellow:  Haha baby hippo!! LOVE it! 

I had a baby dream for the first time a couple days ago (I don’t think I ever had them in my first pregnancy). I had somehow taken the baby out of my womb for some reason, and I was trying to figure out if I could put it back in. Then I was getting panicky because I couldn’t put it back in, but it was too soon for it to be born. What?? So weird… 

Post # 424
    1181 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

i definitely want to know if it’s a boy or a girl, but i have no ideas right now. πŸ™‚

i just looked up my doctor’s caesarean rate and it is only 10%, which is the lowest in the county. what a relief!! while i know i shouldn’t have a c-section, it’s good to see that my provider will be on the same page. 

i just found out today that a close friend of mine is two weeks behind me!! she had her confirmation today. πŸ˜€

i had happy baby dreams where i was playing with the baby twice, but that was it, and that was two weeks ago.

Post # 426
    656 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

So I don’t think I’m going to go in to the dr after all. Just talking to him and having him be happy for me and not worried at all about CP or anything else yesterday made me much more positive, particularly since he’s been my obgyn for 12 years. I worry that any tests etc would just give me more reason to be anxious and right now I’m happy and positive. Plus Darling Husband is so excited about sharing our first U/S, it has rubbed off on me and I want our first appt to be together πŸ™‚

Post # 428
    4335 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

@onyx81:  yeah, I definitely have had alot of saliva… H keeps laughing at me whenever i spit… maybe it’s all in my head, haha. Having hard candy to suck on, like jolly rancher makes it seem a lot better.

Post # 429
    693 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

@hippomama:  Thanks! I’d definitely be into it. I kiiiiind of would rather have one first and twins the next time, but honestly, I will be over-the-moon thrilled with whatever number of babies is in there! 

@bananasareyellow:  Thanks for the info! It’s interesting, for sure. 

Post # 430
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

@LoveMikey:  agree! I can’t wait to find out. 

Post # 431
    853 posts
    Busy bee

Ladies, I’m very worried right now!!! I went to the bathroom and there was brown spotting πŸ™ A few large drops, and some when I wiped. It seems to be subsiding now, but I am freaking out. I don’t have really bad cramps (I have a few minor ones), and the blood wasn’t bright red (both good signs I believe), but I am hoping and praying everything is okay. It was so scary to see—my heart just about stopped. Is this normal?? I am 6w4d. I go for my first ultrasound on Saturday, but this is going to be weighing on my mind all night and all day tomorrow. I’m scared πŸ™

Post # 432
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@jules28:  I’ve read a lot about brown spotting being totally common and normal early on.  I know it’s easier said than done, but try to take a deep breath and stay calm. Saturday will be here before you know it, and hopefully it will provide you with some comfort. (((Hugs)))

Post # 433
    853 posts
    Busy bee

@Jaynee: Thank you for the reassurance. The crappy thing about this stage is people don’t know you’re pregnant yet, so you can’t reach out to others when scary things happen. I’m glad we’re all able to chat and share with each other on here, and reassure and normalize. 

Post # 434
    929 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

@jules28:  I’m so sorry to hear that – try not to worry!  I have also heard that this is very normal – my sister had spotting (moderate to severe) throughout her first trimester.  Her doctor advised her to take it easy exercise-wise, but besides that she wasn’t worried and to only get in touch if it became abnormal.  If you are really worried and it keeps going, perhaps you could get in touch with your doctor and see if you could get moved up to Friday?

Post # 435
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

@jules28:  I think it is normal, but if you weren’t already scheduled for an u/s on Saturday, I would recommend you definitely go get one. Bleeding can be nothing, but it can also be a sign of a problem. Best to just find out and put your mind at ease! 

Post # 436
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

Wow, that was fast–I got a blood draw yesterday at 5 pm, and already my doctor emailed me this morning with the results… 4000 at 4w4d, up from 1400 at 4w2d! Doctor said this looks good. I have a u/s scheduled on the 23rd, which will be at 6w2d, so hoping for a strong heartbeat that’ll indicate a healthy baby! 

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies and Mommas!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors