(Closed) March 2014 Babies and Moms Part 6: We've Reached the Third Trimester!!!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: How many children do you plan to have total?

6 or more

• Post # 257
    11736 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @ThePrincessBride10612:  I must have a SERIOUS case of baby brain because i KNOW I wrote out a long response to you last night and it’s not here!  Must have forgotten to press submit!

I wish my mom was like yours!  My mom told me last night she feels that she should be the first person to see the baby since I’m her daughter.  She lives 500 miles away so it’s probably not going to happen, so I’m sure she’ll be pissed and doubly pissed if she is here and we don’t let her in the room for a while. I don’t want ANYONE except DH around me while I’m in labor. I think she thinks she’ll be hanging out for labor and leaving during delivery. Not going to happen. Oh well, I’m not even going to think about it until the time comes and leave it up to the nurses.

You’re so prepared for your cooking – I’m jealous!  I felt super accomplished because last night I made chicken for lunch for the rest of the week instead of throwing it away!

Our glider came today – I love it!  So glad I went with the smallest one I found because it is tight in her tiny room!  It’s nice and cozy though.  Now I can get up the chandelier and wall decor and we are mostly ready to go.  Still on the hunt for curtains, but she won’t be sleeping in there anyways so I’ve got time I suppose.  I got the cutest curtain rod though so I definitely need to make use of it!

Stroller didn’t come yesterday because of the snow, so it will be here tonight!  We’ve got our first baby class until 9:30 though, so I won’t get to play with it until tomorrow! πŸ™  

I also had an amazingggg prenatal massage last night. I’m thinking of going again next week lol. 

Post # 258
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  what glider did you get?  

Post # 260
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  I hear ya on the baby brain. Tuesday after pilates i told my instructor to have a great weekend and that i’d see her Monday. She was like “its only Tuesday I’ll see you Thursday.” Duh! 

Good luck with delivery and dealing with your mom. I guess you and DH could just not tell anyone when you go into labor & not announce until “mom & baby are healthy and doing well.” Then she def wouldn’t be at the hospital. We aren’t planning on telling anyone when I go into labor because I selfishly & rightfully want all of the focus & attention on me and my labor. I don’t want DH to have to monitor social media (because someone would more than likely post a comment on my wall like “thinking of you, good luck, can’t wait to meet her”) and then my phone would blow up with texts, “omg are you in labor, blah blah blah” & then DH would have to keep people posted on my “progress” & wouldn’t be paying attention to me. When I think about it that way it really solidifies my desire to not say a peep until after she arrives. =)

By The Way, holy cute glider! It’s beautiful. 

I made 9 freezer meals today, 3 lasagnas, 1 chicken taco casserole, chili, 3 bean taco soup, and 3 baked pastas. I have some left over homemade pasta sauce that I”m going to freeze and use later for a quick pasta dinner. My mom will be here tomorrow afternoon to help with the chopping/cutting and assembling of everything else, I can’t wait! I’m hoping that I’ve done most of the messy work by precooking & shredding the chicken for the enchiladas and the ground beef for some other meals. I’ll keep y’all posted! 

Post # 261
    175 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Glad he’s measuring well! 

Today I had a follow up appointment and Luke passed the NST with flying colors, my Bridal Party was fine, and there was no protein in my urine. Not sure what the deal was on Tuesday. Regardless the OB said the latest they would induce is 38 weeks because of my blood pressure. My blood pressure has been fluctuating, I am taking it myself manually. and it varies between 110/70-150/100. And on our growth scan on Tuesday he was measuring in the 49th percentile. Hypertension can cause growth restriction. So, that is their reasoning for getting him out of there early. I’m not sure how I feel about this if everything is going ok and there are no problems…..hmm. 

On another note I’m basically done with the nursery. Luke will be sleeping in our room for the first few months but I’m still excited to have the nursery done! 

Love the quote! “Your heart beats because of our love. Our love beats stronger because of you.” We’re going to put a picture of all three of us in the middle. 

Post # 262
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @NoMoreStew:  The nursery looks amazing! I’m glad to hear all went well with your NST and that baby is doing well. 

Post # 263
    76 posts
    Worker bee

I am way too excited about this and had to share πŸ™‚

My breast pump came in yesterday!  I was told stories that I wouldn’t be able to submit my request for a breast pump from my insurance until the week of my due date, but I decided to call and get more information.  I was so happy when he said they could already send it my way.  Yay!

Post # 264
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @crysxo:  Awesome! I got mine a few days ago, too. I need to put it together and see how it works to make sure I can use it when it’s go time! 

I feel like our house is such a mess–it’s tiny, and with the addition of baby stuff, it’s like ggahhhh! We also haven’t exactly found a place for everything yet, so a lot is just sitting around, taking up space we don’t have. Very frustrating! I am sure we’ll get it all together in due time but for now it’s stressing me out. 

Post # 265
    11736 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Anyone noticing more pressure down south?! I definitely think baby is slowly making her way down. I feel like I have a bruise on my pelvis.

View original reply
    @ThePrincessBride10612:  Thanks, I really love it!  I’ll definitely post nursery pics when we have it all together.

I totally don’t want to tell anyone when I go into labor (or at least not until things are very close to the end).  I’m sure DH will tell people, but the people he tells won’t be the ones putting it on facebook (my mom totally would though).  My mom wants me to tell her the second I think labor is happening so she can get a plane ticket and get here, but I’m debating waiting a bit.  I’ll see how I feel as things get closer. 

I can’t believe how many meals you have made already – that’s amazing! You’re going to be so happy you did that!

View original reply
    @NoMoreStew:  Your nursery looks amazing! I loooove the bluish/gray color you used! So glad all your tests looked good.  

View original reply
    @crysxo:  My insurance company said I can’t get it until after birth, but I think I’m going to call and get more info. This was just the info I got from sending an electronic message through the portal, so we’ll see. I guess I probably won’t need it right away anyways, but it’s nice to have it and be organized and prepared.

Post # 267
    11736 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  we have a pediatrician interview tomorrow – any good questions I should ask?! 

We are also looking at replacing my 10 year old car! I’m so excited I have never had a new car before (always got hand me downs from my sis). It’s nice not having a car payment but DH paid his car off a few months ago so at least we will only have one. I am currently loving the CX-9…total mom car haha! 

We had our baby class last night. It wasn’t super helpful but still nice to hear and verify things with a nurse and meet other couples. we watched a portion of the movie happiest baby on te block. I justf finished the book! Had I known there was a movie…! It was helpful to see the techniques I read about in action and DH was definitely amazed by It. Hopefully we can put some of the techniques to good use!

Post # 268
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @crysxo:  How exciting! I’m trying really hard to wait for my Boyfriend or Best Friend class offered by my hospital to see what the pump coverage is going to be like for 2014, last year it was only a manual pump that they would give you but i think the coverage might have changed for this year.  

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Car shopping, how exciting. Okay everything else you said is super exciting too but a new car, *swoon* I have drive a hybrid and LOVE it! 

AFM – my mom came over & we did the freezer meals. We have 30 meals that each make at least 4 servings. We had to stop assembling meals when i ran out of freezer space. I did a lot of prep, chopping veggies and stuff before my mom got here so we just assembled the bags. I’m really happy with how it all turned out. 

I’m finally making progress (kinda) on the nursery. I got the contractor to commit to a day to come install the closet system (next thursday) and then met with the artist today, they are going to do my plantation shutters, crown molding and accent wall by the first week of February. Eek! I can’t wait until her closet is done & I can organize organize organize!!! 

Post # 270
    11736 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  thanks! Pretty much the same list I came up with. I’ve heard lots of good things about this doc and fully expect to like her but felt like a bad mom if I didn’t meet her first, lol.

I ALWAYS catch myself saying the sleep thing. Someday we will sleep again…

View original reply
    @ThePrincessBride10612:  omg that’s a ton of food – nice work!! Now you can mail me extras! πŸ˜‰ so exciting about the nursery, can’t wait to hear how it all turns out.

Post # 271
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  4:20am insomnia here! I’ve been awake since 3, gah! december 2012 we bought my 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE. My very first brand new car, I upgraded from a 2001 Honda civic. I adore my car! My sister had the same one just a couple of years older & it fits 2 car seats nicely in the back, so that was one of the reasons I looked at the Camry over another honda. 

View original reply
    @MrsWBS:  I’m hoping I can wait for baby to arrive to actually break into the freezer food, but you never know. I might not be able to hold back from using them at the end of my pregnancy when I’m feeling exhausted!

i hear ya both on the sleep! I am convinced that the purpose of pregnancy is to exhaust you before the baby arrives so you don’t remember what it feels like to be well rested.

oh and can I just tell you all that it was 77* here friday!! I opened the whole house up, ran the whole house fan & got fresh air in. It was amazing!! Today is supposed to be another day in the high 70’s. We are in desperate need of some rain but man I’m loving this weather.

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies and Moms Part 6: We've Reached the Third Trimester!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors