(Closed) March 2014 Babies and Moms Part 6: We've Reached the Third Trimester!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: How many children do you plan to have total?

6 or more

• Post # 407
    9168 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@ThePrincessBride10612:  Adorable hat, where did you get it?

I bought LO ruffle bloomers with a blingy headband for her newborn pics. So excited, it’s going to be so cute!  We bought a DSLR a few months ago and I’ve spent basically no time learning how to use it.  That’s on my agenda the next few weeks.  I am taking an online photography class that starts this week.  It’s self-study, though so hopefully I can force myself to actually do it! 

Post # 408
    996 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@onyx81:  Have you been stalking Etsy? I figured whatever newborn stuff i have her photographed in will become part of my keepsake collection so i’m willing to splurdge a little.  All of the stuff on there is so cute… and they have some crazy adorable boy stuff like the knit tie and diaper cover, swoon, or the big binis with the ear coverings and long strings, all so freakin cute! and then you see the super cute pictures of the babies propped up with their heads in their hands, melts my heart! I’m currently in the market for a tutu for her NB pics and am now shopping for clothes for DH & I. I want a “light colored” back drop for our pics so the photog suggested we bring cream tops and grey tops but won’t be shooting below the waist. we shall see, it seems so silly to be planning for something we are going to do in early april but i guess its now or never since i can’t finish the nursery yet…

Post # 409
    996 posts
    Busy bee

@MrsWBS:  Thanks! I got it from Emma’s Cozy Attic on Etsy. DH got me a DSLR for xmas 2 years ago and i still only shoot in automatic… i’m so lame! Great idea on taking the online course, I should look into something like that before baby girl gets here so i can take some awesome pics of her. DH is really good with the camera tho, so we’ve at least got that going for us =) 

Post # 410
    9168 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

@ThePrincessBride10612:  Thanks, going to check out that store now. Etsy is a serious problem in my house lol.

I think I can access the first week of materials for the class tonight. If there are downloadable files I can share with you, I totally will.

Post # 411
    1223 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@ThePrincessBride10612:  I was surprised too that DH sent it to me.  He hasn’t read much about the whole thing, but I think it has hit when the doctor said that I just should hold him in until next Tuesday, and then I am good to go.  He now suddenly feels the rush to get the nursery done even though I have been trying to get him to do it for weeks, so I know how you feel.  I have been stalking Etsy, but DH doesn’t like any of them so far.  I bet if I show him the same ones again at a different time, he may change his mind.  These are the front runners so far: hat 1, hat 2, hat 3.  Also, I love the pics of newborns with their heads propped on their hands.  It is the cutest thing ever!  If you are crafty, you might be able to make your own tutu.  I pinned this site before I knew the sex in case I was having a girl.  The instructions seem pretty easy and doable, but then again, I haven’t actually done it.

Post # 412
    996 posts
    Busy bee

@MrsWBS:  That’d be awesome! If i find anything life changing regarding how to use the camera i’ll share with you too =)

View original reply
    @onyx81:  I told my DH the other day, you know we could have a baby 7 days from now or 55  days from now, the doctors are’t going to stop me after 34w. He replied, “really? that’s like no time” – and we have our tools for labor class sunday so i think that’ll be super eye opening for him! I’m excited to hear that your DH is now inspired to get moving on the nursery!

OMG i LOVE all of the hats, you should just get them all =) Any time my DH says he doesn’t like something i ask him to come up with an alternative that he does like, he usually has no interest in doing that and will ultimatly just let me go with the original idea =) its easy to say “no i don’t like it” but much harder to come up with something you do like. thanks for the tutu blog, I can’t even begin to describe just how crafty I am, I’ve just been too lazy to craft anything lately =) I’ll have to give it a good read and see if its worth it or not. Sometimes it costs just as much to buy the materials and make your own as it does to buy one from someone else. I’ll let you know what i come up with! 

Post # 413
    115 posts
    Blushing bee

@NoMoreStew:  So excited for you!!!!  Will be thinking of you Sunday/Monday and sending lots of good thoughts your way for a great delivery and arrival of Luke 🙂

View original reply
    @Ellabella2111:  Take a deep breath and count to ten…..Now, you do have a voice and a choice in YOUR labor!  I would try to call the hospital and ask to speak with the head OB nurse.  See what she has to say about your Dr’s statements.  A lot of the time, the nurses are doing all of the work and then the Dr. swoops in when it’s time to push and acts like he is saving the day.  If you still are nervous, the I would definitely try to contact another provider and see if you are able to switch. 

AFM, I am 35W6D and had my weekly appointment this morning and u/s.  Marley is still sitting breach with her butt down and head under my ribs.  Her legs are folded at the waist with her feet up by her face.  There was no change in my blood pressure and baby girl looked good on the u/s.  However, they wanted to put me on twice weekly appointments from here on out to keep a close watch on everything.  My Dr. said I’m free to go into labor at any time-OMG-and that if little miss was still breach I would just be an automatic c-section.  Looks like I’ll keep doing the Spinning Babies techniques and praying that Marley does a big flip in the very near future!

Post # 414
    1223 posts
    Bumble bee

@ThePrincessBride10612:  You know, I might just take your advice and buy them all!  Haha!  Thank God he is finally inspired.  He started installing the ceiling fan this weekend, but still has to do the wiring because we didn’t have a ceiling fan or light in the room before.  He is painting this weekend, and hopefully installing the new trim and crown molding next weekend, and hopefully he will have time to paint it all.  I am greatful that he is able to do all of this stuff, but it drives me crazy that he waits until the last minute all of the time!  I had my sister’s wedding shower at my house this past June, and he promised me that would install the wainscotting before the shower; he had 6 months.  The morning of the shower he was finishing and I was trying to clean up all his sawdust.  I guess at least we have control of our lack of nursery, unlike you just waiting for someone else to fit it in.  I know what you mean about the the materials being more expensive sometimes, but I think you can get tulle for pretty cheap at Hobby Lobby or Joann’s, but that is one material I haven’t looked for, so I could be wrong.  I used to be so crafty too, and always thought I would make all this stuff for my baby’s nursery, but I am just so tired to do it!  It makes me sad because I had all these good ideas!

Post # 415
    9168 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

@onyx81:  Loooove hat #2!

I’m not all that crafty but I’m with you – had such lofty goals for learning to crochet during this pregnancy and try to make some cute nursery decor.  Nope, didn’t happen. I do find that it would cost me only marginally less to make things then buy them on etsy. If you factor iin the time and frustration it would take me to make it, that’s worth the extra $$ to me! 

Post # 417
    89 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Hello ladies! I am SO behind on this board and in life in general J I’m trying to wrap things up at work to hand off to people who are covering me while I’m out and trying to get some baby stuff done since it sounds like all of you are waaayyyy more prepared than I am. My goal this weekend is to get our hospital bag packed since I don’t want to be caught by surprise if the little one decides he’s ready to make an appearance….we should probably also get the carseat in sometime in the next week. Yikes!

So exciting to catch up on what’s going on with all of you and I can’t wait to start seeing the babies as they’re born!

@Ellabella2111:   if you can request a different doc at all or request that that specific doctor not deliver your baby (because you CAN do that), I would definitely do so. I work in healthcare and every doctor I work with has advised me to make it VERY clear on birthplan that there be absolutely no use of forceps. They said there are very few doctors who even know how to use forceps properly. You can switch providers anytime, all the way up until you deliver. You should be comfortable with the person who delivers your baby and they should respect your birth wishes. This doctor sounds like a jerk on a power trip.

View original reply
    @sprusa6:  ugh! My little boy is still breech as well. 36 weeks today…found out last Monday that he’s breech. We’ve been doing stuff on the Spinning Babies website and keeping our fingers crossed. It was also suggested that I try Moxibustion?? Sounds like our little ones are in the same weird comfy position—head up, butt down, feet up by their faces! If you find something totally novel that works to flip her, let me know!! Laying upside down on the ironing board is getting old LOL

Post # 418
    1223 posts
    Bumble bee

@MrsWBS:  I typically enjoy making stuff like that, but lately I would just rather pay for it.  Crocheting is one thing that I have not taken up, but luckily I have an aunt who just started, and she has already made Hugo a Christmas stocking and a blanket!  I saw a very similar blanket on Etsy the other day, and it was $50.  I couldn’t believe it, but I bet they are very time consuming!

Post # 419
    1045 posts
    Bumble bee

@onyx81:  I’m with you on the terrible insomnia. I’m not able to fall asleep until around 11-12, then I usually wake up around 2-3 and am not able to get back to sleep until around 4-5. But I do try to be productive and send a few work emails, or make a “to do” list for the following day so the time isn’t totally wasted. Oh and obviously beat lots of levels of Candy Crush. 

View original reply
    @PacNWxLove:  I’m definitely feeling the urge to wrap things up at work, too, even though supposedly I have 5 more weeks til my due date. I just feel like it could happen sooner, and I don’t want to be stressed out about work projects on top of being a new mama! 

Can I just say that having polyhydramnios is a drag? Yes, better to have too much fluid than too little, but I have WAY too much! And it’s starting to swell up my legs and feet too, so I can barely bend my legs back. Yuck! I’m definitely getting to the “big and uncomfortable” stage, and I’m only 34w4d! Baby feels so big and strong, how can she have another 5-6 weeks of cookin’ left to do? 

I also feel like my body is much more sensitive to when I eat or don’t eat. I randomly got lightheaded in my office and had to quickly consume ALL THE SNACKS. I didn’t have breakfast this morning, though I did have about 50 Wheat Thins in the middle of the night because I woke up with stomach growling. 

Oh, and I’ve also gained 35 lbs… again, with 5-6 weeks left to go. Greeeeeat. I am hoping that because there’s excess fluid, when my water breaks I’ll lose like twice as much weight as the average mama and it will all even out. But as long as me and LO come out of it healthy, right? 

Anyone else have any good tips for bringing down swollen legs? Anyone wearing compression socks? I got some for travel last month but maybe I’ll start using them more often. 

Post # 421
    1045 posts
    Bumble bee

@bananasareyellow:  That’s so cool that you can feel him practicing breathing! They are really getting big now, we can tell what they are doing in there, huh? 🙂

I agree that now that we are on the home stretch it’s hard to care too much about weight gain, since everything is going crazy in our bodies. As long as I’m not eating like, entire cakes for every meal, I’m sure it’ll all come out in the wash, aka delivery room. 

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies and Moms Part 6: We've Reached the Third Trimester!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors