(Closed) March 2014 Babies and Moms Part 6: We've Reached the Third Trimester!!!!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: How many children do you plan to have total?
    1 : (4 votes)
    8 %
    2 : (21 votes)
    40 %
    3 : (17 votes)
    33 %
    4 : (7 votes)
    13 %
    5 : (1 votes)
    2 %
    6 or more : (2 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 422
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@sprusa6:  Good luck with spinning baby =) Hope she decides to make the turn!

@onyx81:  It sounds like a blessing & a curse to have a handy hubby. It must be so stressful when he waits until the last minute to get things done. I wish my husband were more handy around the house so we could actually do things together but ultimately we end up having my step dad help or just hiring someone to get the job done, so lame. I’m going to take a trip to the craft store today and see what I can creat tutu wise. Should be fun! I love to craft I just haven’t had the motivation at all this pregnancy.

@PacNWxLove:  don’t worry my hospital bag isn’t packed either. I keep adding things to my list but so far have only put a pair of PJ’s in my bag =)

@hippomama:  the insomnia is killer. I had 2 really bad nights of insomnia (Tuesday & Wednesday) and ended up being up yesterday from 4am-10:30pm. It was awful! I finally got a decent nights sleep last night, I took a bath before bed and i think that helped me relax and get some sleep plus i turned the heater off so i didn’t have to hear it come on super early this morning to warm up the house & i think that helped me get an extra 90 minutes of sleep. don’t worry about your weight, we’re all in the home stretch & the amount of water we are retaining has to really play into what the scale is telling us, I’m sure of it. I really hope I don’t end up getting IV fluids in the hospital because I don’t want to come home super swollen!

@bananasareyellow:  Super cool about baby Matt’s practice breathing! I’m going to have to pay more attention to what baby girl is doing on the inside and see if i feel anything like that in the next few weeks. It does sound like you had some legit contractions yesterday, yikes! 

AFM – closet is 99% done, just one more quick thing the contracter is going to do this afternoon, but it was done enough last night for me to FILL it up with baby girls stuff. So so so exciting! I spent 3 hours in her room last night putting things together and away =) wahoo! Pictures this afternoon for sure!

Post # 423
    273 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

@onyx81:  OMGosh– how do you choose just one?!!! I love #1 & #2. My aunt sent us 2 hats she crocheted– my favorite one is of cookie monster, but I don’t think they’ll fit a newborn.

@PacNWxLove:  Definitely update us with your packing list!! I plan to start pulling stuff together in the next few weeks!

@hippomama:  I’ve been wearing compression stockings for the last few months and it helps immensely!! On my days off my legs are ridiculous and disgusting, even if I’m just sitting around. I’ll get marks from my blankets on my legs or from my leggings seams. It could really help you. Just make sure you are keeping hydrated and elevating your legs as much as you can. Sorry you are feeling uncomfortable– you’re almost there!!! I wonder how much stronger babe could really get–like he makes me double over or stop dead in my tracks at times.. I am afraid of how many more internal jabs I’ll take over the next few weeks.

@bananasareyellow:  Super cool that you got to see baby Matt breathing!! Your body must be gearing up for labor!! How exciting =)

@ThePrincessBride10612:  Closet pictures, stat!!! I can’t wait to see how it turned out =)

Post # 424
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

We have a closet and its full! I just put together baby girls swing, bouncer and play mat now i have baby stuff coming out of my ears! Her glider is currently in the livingroom but once we get a new couch i’ll probably move it back to her room. I’m thinking we’ll put her swing in the livingroom and her bouncer wherever we need it. The drawers in the closet need to be switched out for the correct color (thats what should get done today) as well as the drawer knobs. I’m so not worried about either of those things tho because i have a functioning closet to put everything in! eek!!! I’m also waiting on the plantation shutters, super low on my list of things to worry about since she won’t be sleeping in there for a while. Sorry for the crapy iphone pics but i’m just so excited to share the progress.

Post # 425
    11744 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@ThePrincessBride10612:  yay finally! Looks awesome! 

I think I’m going to go to ikea this weekend and get some more baskets to organize with. The 8 I already bought aren’t cutting it!

Post # 427
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I am so out of the loop!  I’m still here throughout the day, but finding the time and energy to reply when I get home from work is just not happening.  How exciting that our first March baby will be here this weekend!  Can’t wait for an update.

@bananasareyellow:  I did my own GBS swab too, and I don’t think I’ll be having any cervical checks until I’m in labor either.  I admit I’m a little curious if anything is starting, but I also know that it wouldnt be a good predictor of when labor might start.

AFM, I am 37 weeks this weekend…which is crazy!  My sister had her first at 37 weeks so knowing this could happen at any time has me excited and nervous at the same time.  We are ready with all the basics, but I still feel like I have a lot to do.  Last week the end-of-pregnancy symptoms hit me like a ton of bricks.  Tired, thirsty, uncomfortable…all of it.  Suddenly the constipation I’ve had all along is gone and I’ve been getting little stomach aches and going to the bathroom a couple times a day.  I keep reading that this is one of the things the body does to prepare for labor, which has me a little nervous.  I’m pretty convinced I won’t make it to March 2, but this kid just needs to stay put for my last 2 weeks of work, and then he or she is welcome any time!  We are so anxious to know if we’re having a boy or girl.  Although, we have no girl names, so I’m hoping boy!

Post # 428
    77 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Wow I cannot believe we are getting so close, especially with one of our lil ones arriving this weekend!

I have begun to get really uncomfortable, especially walking now.  There is just so much pressure down below, its hard to explain.  Last week I was getting terribble BH which I thought was due to dehydration, this week they seem different, so of them are really starting to hurt.  I wouldn’t say painful, but definitely noticeable.  I’m worried I wont be able to tell the difference until its too late.  My biggest fear is being stuck at work.  Doc appointment on Tuesday, she what she says.

So one thing I have noticed is a change in my dog.  He is driving me crazy these past 2 days, especially last night.  He will not leave my side in the bathroom and all.  He would be sound asleep on the floor next to meon the couch and will have to follow me everywhere and like right up on me.  This has me nervous, like he knows something is about happen.  I’m not sure I’m ready for something to happen if you know what I mean.  Anyone else’s pets acting different? 

@ThePrincessBride10612:  I would die for a closet like that let alone one like that in the baby’s room!

Anyone else still stuck on names?

Post # 429
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@jrtink:  My BH are starting to feel different too.  Sometimes they come with mild menstrual-like cramps, but other times they just seem to be a little stronger and lasting longer than I’m used to.  I know this is definitely normal for this point of pregnancy, but like you, it makes me wonder if I’ll recognize real labor.  I’ve gotten so used to having BH all the time that I don’t time them or pay much attention.  I just put an app on my phone to track them when they start feeling real.

And yes, we are totally stuck on names!  Being team green makes it difficult.  We have two top boy names, or more like 1 boy name with a back up.  Still not sure on middle names.  But girls…nothing.  We have a list but nothing sticks out at me.  The one name I really love, Darling Husband doesn’t really like (Elizabeth).  I’m tempted to just let it go and if it’s a girl maybe we can figure it out under pressure.

Post # 430
    77 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

@Jaynee:  We are Team Green too so itslike double thinking we have to do!  We have 2 names picked for a girl; no 1 pick being Daphne and Veroncia as second runner up.  Boy’s names on the other hand are giving us a problem. The only Darling Husband loves I’m not totally on board with.  Its a family name of his but I think it might cause a problem growing up.  I like the nickname for the name Darling Husband likes, but uneasy with the formal name.  I think we will just wait and see then make a decision like you said. Funny how we are opposite.

What app are you using for keeping track of contractions.  I was looking at them the other day, but wasn’t sure which one is best.

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies and Moms Part 6: We've Reached the Third Trimester!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors