(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Are you going to find out the gender before birth, or are you going team "green"?

We will find out as soon as we can!

Team green!

• Post # 227
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @MrsDiddles:  That is the cutest u/s!

Post # 228
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Thank you! 

The appointment went GREAT! We have a heartbeat! 121 bpm! Measuring 6w1d according to CRL, which is exactly on target (well, I’m at 6w2d based on LMP, but close enough). 

I am so relieved and happy–both the u/s tech and doctor said everything looks picture perfect, they had no concerns whatsoever. My understanding is that MC risk goes down a lot after hearing a strong heartbeat. (I never heard a heartbeat prior to my last MC because my first u/s wasn’t scheduled til 10 weeks and I MC’d at 9.) 

DH and I told our parents today, figuring we could share the good news now with a bit more confidence. They are over the moon, of course. 

I also got a u/s picture to take home–what a cutie! (Ha.)

Post # 229
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @MissFireFlower:  It can’t hurt to check! And By The Way apparently I’m having gas too–they tried to do an abdominal ultrasound on me today but the tech said there was too much gas. Embarrassing! 

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Mmm pizza sounds good … dinner tonight, maybe? 

Post # 230
    273 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

@MrsDiddles: @hippomama:  Seriously adorable U/S pics! Can’t wait to see your little babes grow strong and healthy =)

Post # 232
    11736 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @jules28:  maybe its a boy from your cravings! I haven’t had any since ice felt so sick but this week i was dying for chocolate ice cream with chocolate sprinkles – so no like me! DH took me out to get some after lunch even though we planned to go tonight – I couldn’t contain myself anymore!

Post # 233
    11736 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  omg I NEED to try that pizza NOW!!!

Post # 234
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
    @hippomama:  Another great ultrasound pic! and yay for a heartbeat. I also read that the MC risk drops alot if you see/hear a heartbeat.

Im hoping to get a referral for an U/S tomorrow at my appt but it can take a couple weeks to get a booking in NZ. Im a bit nervous about the appt tomorrow incase they try find the heartbeat and have no luck. Il only be 6w5d tomorrow so super early. Iv had a stillbirth in the past so a bit worried about going through the cant find a heartbeat situation again! eeek

Post # 235
    1179 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
    @jules28:  I read that you can have a warm bath, but not hot. You shouldn’t have to ease into it, and it shouldn’t make your skin pink. Basically, you don’t want to raise your core body temperature. I LOVE super hot baths and they do make me pink and warm, so I figured it was best to get a thermometer since what feels “warm” to me would likely be too hot. I was right—when I ran my first bath, it was downright comical how far off I was. I had to drain half of it and add cold water. Now I’ve got an idea of how far to turn the spigot and it’s much easier. I bought this: http://www.toysrus.com/buy/babies-r-us-exclusives/bath-potty/babies-r-us-octopus-floating-bath-thermometer-1918080h12-12124243

Two LOVELY ultrasound photos!

View original reply
    @MrsDiddles:  Your baby reminds me a bit of charmander…the pokemon…which basically means I love it. And I can’t show my hubby because then he will be all “Why doesn’t our baby look like a Pokemon?”

View original reply
    @hippomama:  That’s a great strong heartbeat! I also heard that the heartbeat risk goes down after hearing it. https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/miscarriage-general

In other news, I have a NOT SO ROYAL ANNOUCEMENT!

My pants no longer fit. That is all. I have gained 1 lb, but seem to have expanded quite a bit! Now I see why Kate rocked so many dresses. I’m not able to zip them or button them so I’m wearing a long shirt with a rubberband holding them closed. So glad I bought those bella bands when I did!

Post # 238
    273 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
    @MrsDulce:  Thanks for posting that research article on MC– I found it extremely interesting and somewhat relieving when applied to my particular situation.

Post # 239
    23 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @MrsDiddles:  welcome to the march mommas club! I wouldn’t worry too much.  I’ve seen women who have had LEEPs before have healthy babies, and reaching the 9 week mark is a wonderful milestone! Such a cute US!!!

View original reply
    @red_rose:  Family medicine doctors definitely can follow you during pregnancy (some feel more comfortable than others).  Some of those doctors actually follow a “maternal/child” track during their training.  You can ask your doctor if he/she feels comfortable and if he/she went down that track while in residency training.

View original reply
    @MrsDulce:  thanks for the re-assurance about the pap i had!! makes me feel much more comfortable.  I go back for repeat my beta tomorrow, so hopefully that number has doubled! FX.

Let us know about the whole car situation.  I also feel VERY uncomfortable keeping my current car when LO arrives.  It’s over 12 years old and skids terribly in the snow (we live up north).  I guess I do have some time to save up/think about it some more.

You are a little bit farther along than I am, but I am definitely feeling the bloat… where did you buy your bella bands from?

View original reply
    @jules28:  same with me! ALL i want is meat, saltier/savory foods, and spicy food! haha everyone’s talk about food, pizza, and salami sandwiches…mmmm

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow: thank you for adding me to the list!! I love the sound of pineapple and jalepeno pizza right about now ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 240
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  My next appointment is 8/19, at 10 weeks! And I totally had pizza for dinner–thanks a lot ๐Ÿ™‚

DH is home from his business trip and reading “dad to be books”–he is so excited by our LO’s heartbeat. 

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors