(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Are you going to find out the gender before birth, or are you going team "green"?
    We will find out as soon as we can! : (32 votes)
    71 %
    Team green! : (13 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 332
    894 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

Oh, I forgot to mention, because of my previous ectopic pregnancy, I’ve had my hcg tested twice now and first time it was 290 and today it was 637, it more than doubled and so I’m really confident this is a good sticky baby!

Post # 333
    929 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

@NoMoreStew:  Congratulations!!!!! your house is beautiful!!!! My husband and I just bought a house as well, and we are in the process of selling our apartment…its been an ordeal!  This is our place:

Post # 336
    4335 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

9 weeks today! I finally made an appointment on Thursday for Monday (the 29th I guess?) The ordeal was picking a hospital/doctor. I finally decided that at this point, I think I’m going with a hospital that’s about 40-45 minutes away, even though there is literally 5 hospitals closer than that, even one with a super fancy NICU and stuff. But the hospital I think I’m going to use has fantastic c-section and episiotomy rates – 16% on first time, low risk mothers, and 4% (respectively.) It’s a smaller hospital, but they also have a super-crunchy birthing suite available which I might end up taking advantage of if i’m still brave closer to the end and low-risk. 

I’m actually really nervous about the appointment – for the past week, I’ve barely had any sympotoms. No nausea, maybe a little hungrier but not being able to eat as much than normal. It will be SO nice if they can set my heart at ease that everything is still ok! (I’m terrified about a “missed miscarriage,” especially since I just read on babycenter that one of the “symptoms” is decreasing pregnancy symptoms. Frown )

Post # 338
    4435 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@bananasareyellow:  Yikes that i so scary. So glad you and baby b are doing well:)

@NoMoreStew: That is so awesome!! That backyard is to die for! We would love a backyard, but Vancouver is crazy expensive- way over $1m in our neighbourhood for a home with yard, and nothing would be as big as yours.

@quierajen: Welcome EDD twin! My doc said March 28, but everything online said March 27- I’ll have to wait for the U/S dating appt to find out what the real deal is!

@ScarletBegonia: Beautiful home! I’ve never been to NSW- the architecture is very cool:)

Post # 339
    5654 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2011

Sheesh you ladies move fast! 9 pages in a week! I’m horrible at keeping up! lol

First, Congrats to all the new March mommas!!!

Second, now at 8 weeks 4 days I’m still feeling pretty good BUT it is getting harder. Been nauseous a tad more than before (it’s also been hotter lately) and I’ve had zero energy! AND today I’ve been super dizzy. boo!

On a good note we got our family pics AND our announcement (which I loved so much I couldn’t wait to share so we spilled the beans to everyone last night).

We’re still just waiting for our next appt on the 5th and I’m REALLY hoping we’ll be able to hear the heartbeat!

Here’s are a few of my favorite shots:

Here all of us!

Darling Husband and I. <3

Darling Husband and my oldest (he was born via cesarean)

Here’s P, my 15 mth old (born via vbac… was an hbac that transferred to our vbac ban hospital, you can read the wild story here)

And of course our ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Post # 340
    5654 posts
    Bee Keeper

@bananasareyellow:  EEK! How scary! So glad everything is okay! I had some random spotting in my second trimester with P & boy was it nerve racking!

@red_rose:  Glad you finally found a doctor & that they have a nice low intervnetion rate! It’s so hard the find providers that are really practicing evidence based maternal care these days!

@Jaynee:How exciting about the birthing center! I know that they’re really supposed to give that home away from home feel so that’s probably why it feels so outdated….. Glad to hear about their low transfer rate too (some birthing centers that are connected to hospitals have very similar rates as their hospital counterparts)

As for the going med free…. I truly 100% believe that ANY mom can go med free AND enjoy her birth with the right prep AND the right support system! And midwifery model of care is really about giving you that support, so you’ll probably be very surprised how relaxed the majority of your birth feels AND don’t worry, I think it’s very common AND normal for moms to hit a wall & want to cave (it’s called the lovely transition)… it’s also the shortest part of labor & with good support is still VERY manageable. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@NoMoreStew:  @ScarletBegonia:  Congrats on the new homes ladies!!!!! I can’t wait to be able to get ours renovated & us be able to move (likely not till after the bebe is born…. I’d love to have our birth in it though. *sad face*)

I’m sure I’m forgetting lots of mommies… it’s hard to be able to tag from the previous pages. Hopefully I’ll get better at keeping up! lol

Post # 341
    894 posts
    Busy bee

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome! I am so extremely happy about this predicament I’m in!! I’m even making the most of the horrible nausea I already have because it’s a reminder of the fact that Niblo is growing strong. Yeesh do I have so many symptoms though!!!

Post # 342
    894 posts
    Busy bee

My next appointment that I KNOW about is on August 14th with my midwife. I will also be going in on Monday for one last beta test and to get a good idea of what day next week to have my ultrasound to make sure Niblo is in the right spot.  I’ll let you know when I find out when that ultrasound will be, I can’t wait!

Post # 343
    1165 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@runsyellowlites:  You have a beautiful family!  Those pics are so cute!  And thank you for the reassurance on med-free birth. The fact that midwife care is so different from the hospital is definitely what makes me think I can do it. 

Post # 344
    5654 posts
    Bee Keeper

@Jaynee:  Thank you! I am so happy with how they all came out!!! (those weeks between the shoot & getting images is SO never racking. lol)

As for med free prep:

Definitely pick up this book! It was basically my birth bible! The first half is all natural birth stories (from the farm) and the second half gets into the process of birth! AND my very favorite part of the WHOLE book is the Farm’s stats in the the appendix!

• 2800+ births
    • a 1.7% cesarean rate
    • 1800+ moms with COMPLETELY intact periniums (only 1 4th degree tear & 8 3rd degree)
    • vbac, twins, face presentation, AND brow presentation births

To me it showed how the process with the right support system just WORKS!

Also check out the birthwithoutfearblog And these two birth stories (one & two) are a couple of my favorites (if I remember correctly she’s actually an old WB blogger

And you can always go back to my birth story too… although it is alot more wild than some of the others I’ve read. lol

I read pretty much ALL homebirth stories b/c they generally were successful at fulfilling a natural birth & that REALLY REALLY helped! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 345
    4435 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@runsyellowlites:  Love the pics and that announcement pic is so priceless:)  Wow- you will be a busy mama with 3 kids! I’m only having #2 and I’m already thinking of how much less sleep I’ll be getting!

Post # 346
    894 posts
    Busy bee

@runsyellowlites:  This made me so happy to read! I am going the all natural route at a birth center too and I am so happy that I get to do that! I’ve chosen my birth center, it’s so lovely and the midwives all seem wonderful!

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors