(Closed) March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Are you going to find out the gender before birth, or are you going team "green"?
    We will find out as soon as we can! : (32 votes)
    71 %
    Team green! : (13 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 347
    1610 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@bananasareyellow:  I am so glad everything is ok.  That is so scary.  

@NoMoreStew:  Congrats on the new house.  The backyard is to die for!

Post # 349
    5654 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2011

@little_d:  Thankfully there’s a good gap between our first & second so it seems more like having 2 bitty kiddos instead of all 3…. of course we think we still want one more after this. lol

@quierajen:  That’s great!!!!

@Jaynee:  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 350
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@runsyellowlites:  That announcement is just gorgeous!! what a great idea and such a beautiful family! You are certainly going to have your hands full! 

Post # 351
    656 posts
    Busy bee

@bananasareyellow:  omg my heart was in my throat reading that, I’m SO glad you are ok!!

Post # 353
    693 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Just need a moment to vent to my fellow March mamas.

I tried to go for a run this morning, planned to do three miles. At the end of the first mile (which took me nearly 12 minutes!!) I just couldn’t go any longer. I was EXHAUSTED. I haven’t lost my conditioning — my lungs are like, are you serious? We’re barely working hard, let’s keep going! But I HAVE lost my energy level. I felt like I could have curled up right there on the sidewalk and gone to sleep. My first reaction was to be incredily frustrated. But my husband told me not to stress, that I’m going out there and doing all I can, and that’s what’s important. He’s right. It takes a lot of energy to grow a human! I do hope that my energy levels will improve in the second tri, but we shall see. 

Also, has anyone else NOT had sore boobs at all? That symptom seems to be SO common, that it concerns me a little bit that I haven’t had them!

I have my first u/s this Thursday, and like @red_rose: I have been sort of fearing the worst with my lack of soreness and other really typical pregnancy symptoms. I’ve been burping since Day 1, running has been hard from the beginning, and I’ve been adverse to salad and hummus for the last two weeks or so. But other than that, and the occassional super mild period-like cramps in the first few weeks, I really haven’t had any symptoms at all. Fingers crossed that everything is fine, and I’m just one of the really lucky ones!

Post # 355
    693 posts
    Busy bee

@bananasareyellow:  Yep, if I really push on my boobs, sure, they feel a little tender. They’re just not overtly sore. Sounds like we are experiencing a lot of the same things! This morning, I was awake for about an hour before I went to run. Then I ran one mile, walked the second mile back, took a shower and slept for almost three hours! LOL… I was just completely zapped!

Post # 356
    656 posts
    Busy bee

@LoveMikey:  Yes and yes. At most I’ve had sore nipples that have actually improved, but my boobs have definitely gotten bigger (which I’m kind of loving, I was in the barely B category!) But my mom has told me multiple times when we were talking about my sister in law’s MS that she had barely any symptoms and all 4 of us are very healthy. And my weird food aversions (cold turkey stopped liking coffee and tea) have made me feel better. So keep in mind that no symptoms is not a problem most of the time, particularly if it stays consistently few or no symptoms, that is the only thing that keeps me from worrying too much. 

And on the working out thing, I was so nervous when I got my bfp I actually stopped running (yes silly but made me feel so much better) but I can barely do the elliptical for 30 min now! I think I’m building back up to 45 min, but it’s been hard. Darling Husband said the same thing, listen to your body, it takes so much effort to grow another person!

Post # 357
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@LoveMikey:  I’m feeling low energy too–doing squats is a lot harder than usual, my muscles feel so fatigued. And I’m falling asleep at like 9 pm and have slept til 11 both days this weekend. Luckily Darling Husband is very understanding! 

@hoogirl05:  I’m also suddenly off coffee in the last week or so, after keeping up drinking it the first few weeks of pregnancy. But I did have some tea this morning to get the caffiene in. 

@bananasareyellow:  Oooh a nap sounds good about now… ๐Ÿ™‚

My cravings are totally for salt/protein. I am basically off sweets. Darling Husband suggested ice cream twice today, and both times I was like, ew, no. However, ham melt sandwich, tortilla chips, hamburgers… yes please! But I definitely have been feeling low-level nausea if i let myself get too hungry. Working out helped stave it off though. 

Post # 358
    693 posts
    Busy bee

@hoogirl05:  I’m actually considering putting running on the back burner, at least until I get my energy back up a little bit, and instead putting my gym membership to use for the ellipticals and stationary bikes. I’m interested to see how my body responds to non-running workouts.

It’s definitely nice to hear the reassurance that other people who had little to no symptoms had perfectly healthy pregnancies. I guess I just feel like, in this early stage when there’s no bump yet, I should FEEL pregnant… but I just don’t! Haha… I know I really should enjoy it, and I’m trying!

Post # 359
    656 posts
    Busy bee

@hippomama:  It’s strange, I think I only lasted a week after my bfp, then one day when I went to get my morning iced coffee I walked out of the shop, looked at the drink in my hand, and thought, I don’t want this AT ALL. Bummer, but at least it was a small and no headaches from withdrawal at all!

@LoveMikey:  The elliptical in my condo gym is definitely the way to go – today I am graduating to  45 min from 30 min. I had a huge melt down this morning when my hips would not fit into my work pants, I need to do something to make me feel better.

In more positive news, I’m 8 weeks tomorrow!

Post # 360
    1138 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@hoogirl05:  Woohoo! Congrats on almost 8 weeks! That’s an exciting milestone. 

Just passed 7 weeks yesterday here–it feels like I should be further along than this! I feel like I’ve known I’m pregnant forever, even though it’s been just over 3 weeks. Crazy! But lots of mamas have told me time basically stops when you’re pregnant, so maybe I should just get used to it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 361
    693 posts
    Busy bee

@hippomama:  +1. I’m seven weeks today, and it’s like, SERIOUSLY?! That’s it?? I feel like I’ve been pregnant foreverrrrrr. 

The topic ‘March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors